PDA

View Full Version : Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

cosmichobo
March 30th, 2015, 05:50 AM
G'day,

No idea how this one slipped past, but - FEAR of the Walking Dead - is coming to our screens before the next season of The Walking Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fal6iObZBE

See you back in a few months to check this one out...

Cheers,

cosmic

rkgardner2003
March 30th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I'm excited for something to tide us over until season 6. I'm intrigued by the pre/early outbreak setting. I hope we can connect with the new characters like we (I) have with the current characters. Fingers crossed.

rkgardner2003
June 7th, 2015, 05:56 AM
I was just reading the new TV Guide and they have it listed as TBD starting in Aug.

cosmichobo
June 7th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Yes... IMDB says August too...

Apparently there's a few brief glimpses in an ad for up coming shows... But nothing terribly exciting.

Teddybrown
June 19th, 2015, 12:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwyMn1O9PYo

New promo, doesnt reveal much at all...

rkgardner2003
June 19th, 2015, 02:08 PM
New promo, doesnt reveal much at all...

Maybe he's running to go buy a belt......;)

rkgardner2003
June 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM
another short clip

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/video-extras/trailer-reports-in-five-states-fear-the-walking-dead-series-premiere

cosmichobo
June 26th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I hate broadcasters that think location restrictions work...

Teddybrown
June 29th, 2015, 04:16 AM
http://collider.com/fear-the-walking-dead-synopsis-revealed-with-trailer/
Fear the Walking Dead synopsis revealed

Teddybrown
July 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=176&v=yzXglr5bc3w

First trailer revealed. It actually looks pretty good!

cosmichobo
July 10th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Yay I can watch it without troweling through YouTube's plethora of psycho tubers...

Mmm, I'll give it a go. :) (Was going to regardless of how the trailer looked... I mean... by the same chaps as the original, so at worst it's Star Trek Voyager, and even that had some gold to be found amongst the flotsam...)

mr_kennedy
July 12th, 2015, 03:22 PM
^ Whats wrong with Star Trek Voyager? lol

I was sceptical at first, but the trailer sold me, it will be strange seeing clean walkers that haven't rotted yet

one thing tho idk how they can span this out for very long like say its sister program, wasn't the period from when Rick got shot and when he woke like only a couple of weeks?

cosmichobo
July 12th, 2015, 06:46 PM
The human body can last.. about 2 weeks without food..? Tho - he did have a drip in his arm... But yes, I'd guess 2 weeks-ish feasible time from Rick being abandoned to waking...

But, the virus could have begun slowly before Rick was abandoned... That still only really gives maybe a month TOPS...

rkgardner2003
July 13th, 2015, 03:05 AM
^ Whats wrong with Star Trek Voyager? lol

I was sceptical at first, but the trailer sold me, it will be strange seeing clean walkers that haven't rotted yet

one thing tho idk how they can span this out for very long like say its sister program, wasn't the period from when Rick got shot and when he woke like only a couple of weeks?

I would imagine they could go for a long while. It'll be interesting to see the epidemic start from the beginning, and they can just keep following survivors like they have in the original. With no graphic novel tie in, they can do whatever they want. It would be cool, but I don't see them ever bringing the 2 shows together.

VampyreWraith
July 13th, 2015, 03:50 PM
The trailer looks great, I'm really looking forward to Aug 23rd.

mr_kennedy
July 14th, 2015, 02:58 AM
The human body can last.. about 2 weeks without food..? Tho - he did have a drip in his arm... But yes, I'd guess 2 weeks-ish feasible time from Rick being abandoned to waking...

But, the virus could have begun slowly before Rick was abandoned... That still only really gives maybe a month TOPS...

Yeah, they could also take a 24ish approach to this show and have a season over the course of a day, that could be cool, but might drag

I would imagine they could go for a long while. It'll be interesting to see the epidemic start from the beginning, and they can just keep following survivors like they have in the original. With no graphic novel tie in, they can do whatever they want. It would be cool, but I don't see them ever bringing the 2 shows together.

Yeah It might be cool to see twd apocalyptic world from a different perspective

epg20
August 15th, 2015, 07:03 PM
coming AUGUST 23

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.

rkgardner2003
August 16th, 2015, 07:48 AM
coming AUGUST 23

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

with what I saw on amc earlier, I am a little concerned, this show seems like it might be something like a mixed family, a woman and her boyfriend move in together and bring their kids with them and the apocalypse hits and they try to stay together all the while the city falls apart around them. going by what I saw on amc, all in all, I am going to reserve final judgment, buuut...., well, we'll see.

I just hope this isn't one of those shows where the trailers are better than the actual shows.

From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.

epg20
August 17th, 2015, 07:11 PM
From the reviews/interviews I've read it's meant to be more of a slow boil. It's going to be a lot different from what we've gotten used to. Not just the family dynamic but also the complete opposite setting. I'm not sure if the "fresh" walkers are going to be more or less disturbing, I'm guessing more. I'm planning to watch all 6 episodes, unless it end up being ridiculous.

i guess we will see, but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Teddybrown
August 25th, 2015, 04:14 AM
How was the pilot, any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

rkgardner2003
August 25th, 2015, 05:11 AM
How was the pilot, any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I thought it was good. Definitely a different pace, I don't love all the new characters yet, but we'll see how they change as the world goes to pot.

cosmichobo
August 29th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Just watched it...

The one thing I was not wanting to see, was people dying, and coming back as Walkers without having been bitten, as that was something that only happened - x time after the initial onset. Can anyone confirm for me - was - the guy at the end.... showing signs of having been mauled???

Overall... Interesting. Worth another few episodes. As I was watching, I was thinking - by the end of the first episode, it better actually have "started" - in terms of the Walkers... And whilst I'd say we've got another episode or two before we reach a real lock-down state, I think the pacing is quite acceptable.

IF say episode 4 suddenly does a - It's Day 1 again, but from different character's points of view (ie Travis' ex wife/etc) - I'll be pissed off...

I like Travis... It's a good solid name, Travis...

epg20
September 3rd, 2015, 10:12 PM
Just watched it...

The one thing I was not wanting to see, was people dying, and coming back as Walkers without having been bitten, as that was something that only happened - x time after the initial onset. Can anyone confirm for me - was - the guy at the end.... showing signs of having been mauled???

Overall... Interesting. Worth another few episodes. As I was watching, I was thinking - by the end of the first episode, it better actually have "started" - in terms of the Walkers... And whilst I'd say we've got another episode or two before we reach a real lock-down state, I think the pacing is quite acceptable.

IF say episode 4 suddenly does a - It's Day 1 again, but from different character's points of view (ie Travis' ex wife/etc) - I'll be pissed off...

I like Travis... It's a good solid name, Travis...

are you talking about the principal guy, if so, then yes, he was bitten or stabbed or something like that, you can see the blood on the back of his shirt.

as for turning in to a walker not being bitten , they already established that early on, while the kid was in the hospital and the old man died, they tried to revive him but couldn't, then they had to rush him down to the morgue so the kid couldn't see him turn, you see the look on the nurses face as she tried to gesture to the doctor that the kid could see what was happening.

epg20
September 15th, 2015, 09:43 PM
only 6 eps for season 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

kind of difficult to make a decision with so few eps.

Brother Freyr
September 16th, 2015, 11:12 PM
only 6 eps for season 1

That bites, right? Wish there were more.

I was looking at the Nielson numbers for episode three:

Rank
Show
Adult 18-49 L+SD (Rating)

Fear the Walking Dead

Rick & Morty

NFL Countdown

Good news: Fear the Walking Dead outstrips all of the cable competition.
Bad news: The number of viewers is decreasing week after week. 4.9, 4.1, and now 3.6.
Good news: A 15-episode second season was ordered long ago.

Other news: The word "zombie" still doesn't exist in the "Walking Dead" universe. I guess George Romero didn't become a filmmaker there.

rkgardner2003
October 9th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure how many of these webisodes we'll see....I hate flying as it is....

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/video-extras/fear-the-walking-dead-flight-462-part-1?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=webisode&utm_campaign=TWD-Insiders-Club-10-09-2015

cosmichobo
October 12th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Finally got thru ep2...

It's not... as compelling as the original... Not thrilled with some of the main characters... At least in the main series, even the annoying characters you could still enjoy at some level... But there's a few here that just turn me off... And a few mil others too, it seems...

rkgardner2003
October 12th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Finally got thru ep2...

It's not... as compelling as the original... Not thrilled with some of the main characters... At least in the main series, even the annoying characters you could still enjoy at some level... But there's a few here that just turn me off... And a few mil others too, it seems...

It gets better, stick with it.

VampyreWraith
April 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM
It's been renewed for season 3. :)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/04/15/fear-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-season-3-on-amc/

mr_kennedy
April 15th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Not sure how i feel about the renewal only that no more slow burn please i found the s2 premier kind of boring tbh

cosmichobo
April 15th, 2016, 02:40 PM
I never got into this.... but now having the annual wait til Oct to see more TWD, I guess I may find time to give it another go...

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2016, 01:11 PM
https://youtu.be/6YWskRQvJKw

Season 2 Part 2 trailer

VampyreWraith
July 23rd, 2016, 01:28 PM
Looks interesting, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2017, 03:00 AM
https://youtu.be/15AcV2WmEvw

Part 2 trailer

cosmichobo
July 22nd, 2017, 06:28 AM
Wow... Ok, looks like this show got its **** together... maybe... Might have to dig it back up.

Teddybrown
March 26th, 2018, 01:10 PM
https://youtu.be/Ixdi8XdYHMQ

Season 4 trailer, there must be a time jump...

Teddybrown
July 20th, 2018, 12:03 PM
https://youtu.be/dHl7dHGMrqU

Part 2 Comic Con trailer

rkgardner2003
July 27th, 2018, 03:37 AM
I'm glad I stayed with this show, I really enjoy it. Still wondering if they will bring the 2 shows together at some point, I assume they will by the end of TWD.

DigiFluid
March 8th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I am officially a convert.

I started watching FTWD when it first started on TV, and thought it was dreadful. I hated the characters, I found it plodding, I thought everyone in it was stupid....and then when they got to Celia's farm and it was just a carbon copy ripoff of Season 2 of TWD, I bailed. I got to the mid-Season 2 finale and threw in the towel.

A few weeks ago I decided to give it another shot, and I am floored by how much better this show is when binge-watched than it is when watched week-to-week. I still found Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 kind of, well, bad. But in the second half of S2 it improved quite a bit, and Season 3 was the realization of all the promise of S2.5. And then Season 4 happened and....holy crap. I loved Season 4, especially the first half.

Even a month ago I would've thought these words sacrilege, but I think I enjoyed FTWD Seasons 3 and 4 more than I've enjoyed TWD since around about Season 5.

Angela V
March 8th, 2019, 06:23 PM
I am officially a convert.

I started watching FTWD when it first started on TV, and thought it was dreadful. I hated the characters, I found it plodding, I thought everyone in it was stupid....and then when they got to Celia's farm and it was just a carbon copy ripoff of Season 2 of TWD, I bailed. I got to the mid-Season 2 finale and threw in the towel.

A few weeks ago I decided to give it another shot, and I am floored by how much better this show is when binge-watched than it is when watched week-to-week. I still found Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 kind of, well, bad. But in the second half of S2 it improved quite a bit, and Season 3 was the realization of all the promise of S2.5. And then Season 4 happened and....holy crap. I loved Season 4, especially the first half.

Even a month ago I would've thought these words sacrilege, but I think I enjoyed FTWD Seasons 3 and 4 more than I've enjoyed TWD since around about Season 5.

I binged watch FTWD. I got the BluRays on real cheap around Black Friday. Season 4 in now in my hot hands. I'm glad to know that season 4 should entertain me as well.

And I agree on where the show improved. Greatly.

DigiFluid
March 9th, 2019, 04:05 AM
I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.

Teddybrown
March 9th, 2019, 08:14 AM
I agree that this show did start well, I had to remind myself just now of the earlier storylines as Id forgotten!

But yeah, it really hits its stride from around 2.5 and greatly improves!

TWD was coming behind this in terms of quality, Im more intruiged now in TWD but waiting for it to trip up whereas this I cant wait to see where they go next.

DigiFluid
March 26th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Gimple has confirmed that Season 5 will premiere in June (https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/03/25/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-release-month-scott-gimple/).

Angela V
March 27th, 2019, 12:48 PM
I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.

Well I have mixed feelings about season 4. While I enjoyed the first half, I did find the jumping around annoying. I understand the Nick actor wanted out but when i first say that episode, I didn't know and frankly it pissed me off. I'm not sure what to think about Madison though. Because there was a time jump, I just felt her character was too different and I didn't not like her fate at all.

The second half just kind of bored me. Too much focus on Morgan and I love Morgan from TWD! I just don't feel as excited for the next season like I did after season 3.

Good thing is that somehow I have a free year of AMC (noticed on my bill that started this past Januray) so I can record FTWD and then binge watch.

DigiFluid
April 1st, 2019, 10:13 AM
I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.

Chaka-Z0
April 1st, 2019, 10:30 AM
I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.

Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/

Angela V
April 19th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/

Gimple was and maybe that is why I didn't like season 4 as much. I realized after I finished watching the season.
I like John also.
Thought the villain in the second half was well odd.

DigiFluid
April 26th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.

Angela V
May 22nd, 2019, 08:51 AM
Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.

"Hammy" that's the word!
I actually have AMC free right now so I can record FTWD instead of waiting for the BluRay. YEAH! I'll still binge watch it though. I find shows like this and TWD are better when binged watch.:)

Teddybrown
May 24th, 2019, 05:02 PM
https://youtu.be/XhDemiYIrnA

Suprised this hasnt been posted, lots of suprises in store it seems and a few familiar faces...

DigiFluid
May 24th, 2019, 06:55 PM
I'm not thrilled that they pre-announced (ie SPOILED) that they're bringing a certain other TWD character over, so I've been steering clear of trailers and news....

Teddybrown
May 25th, 2019, 04:31 AM
Yeah, I kinda regret watching the trailer after avoiding news on this for a while...

DigiFluid
July 19th, 2019, 12:11 PM
From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-the-walking-dead-comic-con-amc-1202649322/

Angela V
August 6th, 2019, 04:54 PM
From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-the-walking-dead-comic-con-amc-1202649322/

I'll end up doing another binge watch. First half of season 5 was meh in some parts for me. Though started to get better for me. I just still miss the seasons 1-3 feel. Really wish we could go back to the original theme opening. I don't like the new one AT ALL.