Who are Weyland-Yutani fighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are Weyland-Yutani fighting?

WY (and USM in resurrection) want to develop the alien as a bioweapon. But why are they so obsessed with obtaining it? Surely there are better weapons in the future? And why dont they want to get the Engineers Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15? Are they at war with someone or do they want to sell it to someone?
    Last edited by GodAtum; 15 March 2015, 06:52 AM.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    WY (and USM in resurrection) want to develop the alien as a bioweapon. But why are they so obsessed with obtaining it? Surely there are better weapons in the future? And why dont they want to get the Engineers Chemical A0-3959X.91 – 15? Are they at war with someone or do they want to sell it to someone?
    It has been my understanding that WY has always been portrayed as your basic evil, greedy corporation, who simply wanted to develop the aliens (or whatever they found) into weapons that they could sell. This goes back to the very first movie "Alien", when WY planted the synthetic "Ash" among the crew and programmed the Nostromo to bring the crew out of stasis when they neared LV 426 in order to collect a sample. The corporate greed aspect is brought out throughout the first and second films.

Comment

but who would they sell it to? they seem to be a monopoly that has no competition, so there is no-one else to actually sell to?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        but who would they sell it to? they seem to be a monopoly that has no competition, so there is no-one else to actually sell to?
        Whatever government or governments exist? WY has never been referred to as the official government, so I assume there are governments of various nation-states. Even if this isn't the case, there is never any shortage of people willing to buy things to kill people with.

Comment

In the games the humans were fighting the predators. Perhaps Weyland-Yutani wanted to use the aliens as weapons against them.

It doesn't really make sense to use the aliens has a weapon, it going to back fire pretty badly. It make more sense if this was just a cover story to hide the fact of a third alien species the Engineers made or reengineered the aliens as weapons an that the purpose of the research project was to understand the aliens. May be the new film will give us more answers.

Comment

I dunno. It would make a fairly effective scorched Earth policy. If you have an off world colony acting out then throw a queen on it or a few eggs and soon the entire colony becomes uninhabitable because of the aliens. Or alternatively a single alien can cause havoc at a base or behind enemy lines. And it's likely that in WY mindset they were aiming to find a way to train or control the aliens so they would be less of a threat to themselves.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Presumably FOX, for pumping out one awful sequel/spin-off after another.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not all of the sequels were bad. "Aliens" is every bit as good as the original "Alien" was.

Comment

3 Was alright 4 sucked, avp movies were just plain horrible but i liked Prometheus, and Neil Blomkamp is doing Alien 5? so that shouldn't be to bad, best thing is his ignoring Alien 3 & 4 and we get Prometheus 2 as well should be good

As for who there fighting, i assume there kinda like Tony Stark and just going to sell it to the highest bidder
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 16 March 2015, 01:33 PM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                  X