THE LAST MAN-comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE LAST MAN-comedy

sunday fox showed a new comedy about the last man on earth, the back story is that he is the sole survivor of a plague that killed off all the people, and he is the sole survivor, well it turns out that he isn't the last survivor, there is one more, it more than likely won't last very long, it doesn't seem to be all that funny, take a look at it for yourselves, but, for me, I give it a 3-4 out of 10.

http://www.fox.com/the-last-man-on-earth/full-episodes

now don't get me wrong, this is N O T based on the graphic novel of a similar name, that is Y: THE LAST MAN

if you didnt like it, why did you create a thread for it?

i saw it, i liked it, but this is gonna get cancelled being on fox i think, who knows i dont really see any sort of longevity in it but what i saw i liked it

the first episode was better then the 2nd, the lady got abit annoying
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

This one gets a "This too shall pass" from me. They try to carry their gags on far too long. I was already tired of the "last man goes off the rails and does crazy stuff" bit far before they ended that. Now they're on the "live with even crazier woman or go back to being alone" gag, and I wonder how long they're going to play that out.

In addition, there are far too many inaccuracies. For example, why hasn't the area been overrun by wildlife? Why hasn't all the food left around by the survivor in his pigsty mode drawn animals?

Comment

To my mind there can only be one comedy show about the last man alive.

Comment

Heh. Myself, when I first saw promos for this, I was hoping it would be derived from one of my favorite books, "Earth Abides", by George R. Stewart.
          No such luck.

Comment

I thought it was okay, but I don't see how it could last more than one season. It was entertaining enough, but I just don't see how this premise could keep people coming back for more week after week. I love Forte and Schaal, so I'll stick with this. I doubt many will join me. They should have called it Alive in Tucson instead of The Last Man on Earth because I just have a feeling he is not going to end up being the last man on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I thought it was okay, but I don't see how it could last more than one season. It was entertaining enough, but I just don't see how this premise could keep people coming back for more week after week. I love Forte and Schaal, so I'll stick with this. I doubt many will join me. They should have called it Alive in Tucson instead of The Last Man on Earth because I just have a feeling he is not going to end up being the last man on Earth.
              Of course not. They have to allow time for the two of them to not only learn to tolerate each other, but to develop an emotional bond. Then they will introduce a 3rd character for one of the original two to step out with...

Comment

Yep. I think you are on the right track Annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  that would have ben a better name.

Comment

first 20 minutes awesome, the rest crap. Should have stayed as a one man show. Which would have been truly awesome. May be with the odd illusion of their being other people still around, like what they do in Perception.

Comment

^ i agree the first 20-30 minutes were pretty funny, but the rest the girl got annoying, i hope she'll get better tho
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

If they introduce a new character, and it's man, will they re-title it to The Last Men on Earth? Unless he gets killed off.

Big question:
                        If everyone else has died, then WHERE ARE THE BODIES???
                        Total syffy posts: 36,690
                        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                          If they introduce a new character, and it's man, will they re-title it to The Last Men on Earth? Unless he gets killed off.

Big question:
                          If everyone else has died, then WHERE ARE THE BODIES???
                          There are a lot more questions than that. After a year without man, wildlife would have overrun the towns and be encroaching upon the cities. Vegatation would be growing wild everywhere. Automobiles wouldn't start, the batteries would be dead and the fuel would be stale, eventually turning to sludge.
                          I could easily go on, but our world is very dependent upon our taking constant care of it. A year after our passing, it would not be the familiar world they are showing us.

Comment

The woman said something about the last meat ball ever, which made me wonder if the virus also killed off all mammals... We haven't seen any dogs or cats on the show and you'd think that someone as lonely as Phil would have adopted a dog at some point.

As for the bodies, it's possible that the virus took a long time to kill a person so everyone who got sick died inside...

Comment

well to quote an old saying, old being relative, repeat to your self it's just a show I should really just relax.

but this one was better, a little more context, I can call this ep, not funny, but interesting, i'll call it nice, nice seems good enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X