Clear All

Childhood's End: Discussion- SPOILERS

It seems it's coming this year so here is a topic for it:

Episode titles revealed:
    Childhood's End - Episode 1.01 - The Overlords
    Childhood's End - Episode 1.02 - The Deceivers
    Childhood's End - Episode 1.03 - The Children

I suppose it will be 3 2 hour episodes.
    Last edited by pakar; 09 February 2015, 11:14 AM.

One of Clarke's best books. I'm sure I'll watch it, since it does have people behind it that have produced some other good things, and I like several of the actors attached, mainly Charles Dance and Colm Meany. However, I think The Expanse will be broadcast first, and if they screw that one up as badly as they did Ascension I may be reluctant to watch Syfy again.

Comment

Hope they do a good job.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

The book definitely deserves a good adaptation.

Comment

It's coming in December.Here is the first promo

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/chi...ser-promo.html

It's just a promo but for the first time in years i see something decent from syfy even in a promo

Comment

I'll definitely watch too. In fact, shortly before I became aware that it was a project, I had started re-reading this book for the first time in decades. I stopped at that point, so I can re-read in the weeks before the show airs.

Comment

From looking at the teaser, it almost sounds like V was a nock off (aliens show up to offer us all we want)..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                From looking at the teaser, it almost sounds like V was a nock off (aliens show up to offer us all we want)..
                V copied childhood's end at least one of its premises but the overall plot is very different. Childhood's end was written 30 years earlier.

Comment

I'll talk about it later in the year. I'll be re-reading the book sometime this fall. As for discussing teasers, previews and promos, I try to avoid all those whenever I can so that I can watch the show with the fewest preconceptions as possible.

Comment

First trailer

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/chi...end-promo.html

well, this time syfy seems it makes a good production

Comment

I'll watch it, trailer looked good....
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Don't forget, the trailers for Ascension looked ok too. Since then, I don't think its wise to take SyFy's trailers at face value.

Comment

I'm not even going to watch the trailer, but I will watch the show because I like the book. I'm expecting to be disappointed, but each of their shows comes from different production companies, with different writers, so they can't all be judged alike.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                            I'm not even going to watch the trailer, but I will watch the show because I like the book. I'm expecting to be disappointed, but each of their shows comes from different production companies, with different writers, so they can't all be judged alike.
                            I'm not sure this is coming from a production company. I thinl it's their own like Dark matter (while the Expanse is coming from a production compsny)

Comment

I don't think Syfy has their own unique production company, other than the blanket group of NBC/Universal that is shared by the main network as well as USA and some others. Maybe they do some of the reality stuff like FaceOff, but not the scripted shows. A network might be corporately tied to a production company, but they aren't limited to broadcasting only shows from that company, and that company can also sell its shows to any network that is interested.

For instance, House MD ran on the FOX network but was produced by Universal. Buffy and Angel were produced by 20th Century Fox studios but ran on the old WB network. Even when they were The Sci-Fi Channel they didn't produce Farscape, that was from Jim Henson Productions. Dark Matter is from Prodigy Pictures, the same company that did Lost Girl. Childhood's end is filming in Australia, so I assume a company in that country was contracted to produce it. The name of that company is not currently available on IMDb unless you have a Pro account.

Comment

Working...
                              X