This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moebius Game: Six Degrees of Separation SPOILERS for MOEBIUS

Those of us who have seen Moebius part one have noticed certain ... differences between "our" favorite main and recurring characters and the AT gang (AT herein meaning Alternate Timeline).

So the object of this game is to connect SG-1's arrival in 3000 BC to a characteristic or situation in the AT.

For example, can anyone find six things that might have happened differently that resulted in:

Major Davis having a mustache?

Sam having glasses?

Daniel having chestnut brown hair?

Jack setting up a fishing tour business in a Canadian port? (Or maybe the AT US flag sports a maple leaf on a white background flanked by red?)

etc.

Try to work up to present day from the past. And, it's a game, so absurdity is allowed.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Those of us who have seen Moebius part one have noticed certain ... differences between "our" favorite main and recurring characters and the AT gang (AT herein meaning Alternate Timeline).

So the object of this game is to connect SG-1's arrival in 3000 BC to a characteristic or situation in the AT.

For example, can anyone find six things that might have happened differently that resulted in:

No clue.

Sam having glasses?
    Since she never trained as a fighter pilot or a sharpshooter, her eyesight has been weakend reading computer screens and fine print all day, every day.

Never got the military influence to have it cut.

Jack setting up a fishing tour business in a Canadian port? (Or maybe the AT US flag sports a maple leaf on a white background flanked by red?)
    After his son's death, he went as far as he could to try to escape his previous life, and is now just trying to eek out a living until he dies.

There's also:

Hammond only had one star.

McKay was excited about "Lemon Chicken Day" in the base cafeteria.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      Hammond only had one star.
      The events of 1969 never happened, so Hammond didn't have as much of an incentive to push for rank.

Comment

Heh. I may as well repost my little theories...

Since Young Hammond did not meet future SG-1 and learn that he was destined to become a General, perhaps he did not pursue his career as aggressively and along the way never met Jacob Carter. Furthermore, perhaps Hammond (or someone else he affected along the way) convinced Jacob not to retire from the airforce when his wife died in the original timeline. Thus, alternate Sam would not have been as inclined to follow her father into the military and ended up a very different person.

As for lemon chicken... who knows? Perhaps Doc Frasier would have invented the cure for allergies if she wasn't so wrapped up with the SGC
        As for Daniel's... probably a matter of (1) Less Sun (2) Different Grooming.

Sam's Glasses... I agree with the above poster who blamed her lack of military training, and more time devoted to reading. Or perhaps she got Laser Eye Surgery before joining the military.

Davis' mustache... perhaps the '70s never went out of style?

Comment

Well, I really don't get Davis' mustache.

It made me miss about five minutes of dialog because me and my sister were laughing so hard when we saw it

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            Well, I really don't get Davis' mustache.
            He's got a lady friend now who insists he keep it

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
              Now that one's just... weird. I'm not sure how the time travel would get rid of his allergy, unless he actually does still have it and he's just a masochist.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                Now that one's just... weird. I'm not sure how the time travel would get rid of his allergy, unless he actually does still have it and he's just a masochist.

-Bloodaxe
                Or he's a hypochondriac in the proper timeline. Had one bad experience as a child, and he's scared to death.

I agree with the comments about Hammond, and the way '1969' could have inspired him to really pursue his career. It's especially interesting considering that having spies escape on him would likely have been a negative rep point for him.

a time to mourn

Comment

in atlantis he said that he had a thing for hospital and cafeteria food

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate
                    in atlantis he said that he had a thing for hospital and cafeteria food
                    He's "deathly allergic" to citrus, though.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe

-Bloodaxe
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again: Do ZPMs cause citrus allergies? The public has a right to know!

I think it has to be AU Sam's eyesight that's drifted; if you have imperfect vision, even if you have it corrected, I believe that disqualifies you from flying.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Sam having glasses?

etc.

Try to work up to present day from the past. And, it's a game, so absurdity is allowed.

Sam stood on a bug

Twice

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                          Sam stood on a bug

Twice

O-kaaay....

The object of the game is to find six things between one thing in 3000 BC and one thing in the present AT.

My bad; I should have given an example at the start.

SG-1 goes back in time and....

1) zats a Horus guard, which led to...

2) the Horus guard not showing up in the marketplace to grab that native Ra wanted for his harem, which led to....

3) the beautiful girl staying on Earth and marrying and having many children, one child in particular who...

4) grew up to become a leader who had many children who grew up to have much influence in their successive generations mostly through conquest and raping and pillaging. All these children in all their generations had chestnut brown hair, which led to....

5)That gene being dominant in Daniel's parents, which led to....

6) them giving birth to a beautiful little brown-haired boy.

See, like that... only... better. And funnier, funnier is good.(I say this because it don't want anyone flaming anyone else for "having a stupid idea.")

C'mon, I know you can do it; what are the six degrees between the ZPM staying on Earth and Sam's overbite?

Or what are the six degrees between Jack forgetting to take off his watch(did anyone notice it when he waved to the natives? ) and Hammond having only one star?

What are the six degrees between the Jaffa finding the cloaked PJ and the Canadian flag flying over an American sailing yard?

These are just examples. Make up your own six degrees.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

O-kaaay....
                            Replicarter was saying that the reason everything is screwed up is because Sam stepped on a bug like she was worried about doing because in one Simpsons episode when Homer went back in time he stepped on a bug and screwed everything up.

Comment

Was it just me or did the AU Daniel's eyes look green?

What's up with that?

Aren't his eyes brown?

Is that another thing that was different?

Comment

Working...
                              X