• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened and What's Going On (509)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    WHAT HAPPENED AND WHAT'S GOING ON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509
    Rick takes a group to Noah's home town, where the hope of a possible shelter turns into a nightmare for Tyreese.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 February 2015, 10:10 PM.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Spoiler:
    while I figured Tyrese was going to get it sooner or later, he was just getting to be too gentle and having a lot of remorse about past deeds but not so soon after losing Beth!

Was cool that they brought so many back from the dead for his delusions. That was nice for the fans.

Wonderful story send-off for a favorite character!

Only part I really didn't like was how he got bit. I know he was preoccupied with the pictures but it still seems he would have heard the walker before it was on him.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

They were tricky...I assumed they were burying Beth at the beginning. I didn't expect another main character to be killed off so soon. I was worried Tyrese was going to turn before they got to him, I'm glad he didn't, it wouldn't of been right for his character. I also enjoyed seeing some old faces.
      Spoiler:
      I assumed Glenn would be going soon because of a story line in the comics that has to do with Maggie, but I doubt they would do that now
      They showed another side of Michonne, she can see how being on the road too long is changing them....
      Last edited by rkgardner2003; 20 February 2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Spoiler:
        while I figured Tyrese was going to get it sooner or later, he was just getting to be too gentle and having a lot of remorse about past deeds but not so soon after losing Beth!

Was cool that they brought so many back from the dead for his delusions. That was nice for the fans.

Wonderful story send-off for a favorite character!

Only part I really didn't like was how he got bit. I know he was preoccupied with the pictures but it still seems he would have heard the walker before it was on him.
        Wow, that was a great episode!
        Spoiler:
        I think he might've assumed the walker was still locked in the room, so sounds of growling and moving around might not've spooked him as much, and he might indeed have missed the fact that they were getting closer/louder because of being preoccupied with the pictures.

Comment

I don't know what is happening. What the heck is going on?

Comment

I kind of loved this episode. I thought it was a sort of beautiful/haunting character death episode. I really liked how they had a little montage, of scenes that happened during the episode, at the beginning. I loved Tyreese's hallucinations of people who've died, especially the ones of Lizzie and her sister. It was a bit creepy and sad but kind of beautiful too (if that makes sense lol).
            sigpic

Comment

I was talking to a coworker of mine about this episode and we both agreed it would have been great... if only we gave a damn about Tyreese. He wasn't very special nor did they show much character growth throughout his arc, but he was especially terrible in this episode!

"Oh yeah, let's just stare at the pictures at this wall before clearing the rest of the house because I already know there's at least one more walker but these pictures are far more interesting and I'll just assume the door is locked and no one else is around."

Zombie boy biting him was awful too! You'd have think he bit through his carotid instead of putting his teeth in Tyreese's arm. He didn't even take a bite out of it, yet blood was spraying (at the wall) and gushing! Right away, he started having hallucinations which makes no sense at all (not even from blood loss). Then, when another walker mysteriously appears, he shoves his arm into his mouth...

Also, Tyreese could hear the walker behind the door and the group often can hear them when outside (even when walkers are locked up somewhere), but when the walker is 3 feet away they are suddenly quiet?!

Never mind that a few episodes ago everyone in the group (aside from Judith) could easily take out 2-4 walkers on their own without breaking a sweat.

That new guy, Noah (?), is completely worthless too.

And when the group finally gets to Tyreese, they chop off his arm and run towards the car. Um, how about using a tourniquet or at least try to stop the bleeding with the blanket you casually threw over Tyreese's shoulder so we wouldn't have to see his stump... No wonder the guy bled out.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                I don't know what is happening. What the heck is going on?
                We lost another major character.
                sigpic

Comment

Indeed, if this had been a farewell to Maggie or Glenn or one of the longer-stayed characters, it would have been awesome...

Unfortunately, whilst I could see the efforts they were going to to make it special, I've never been a fan of Tyrese, so...

It ticked a lot of boxes all the same in terms of being a great mid-season opener. Plenty of zombie action, which I sometimes feel can be lacking... characters popping up when you least expect them... Amputations...

Now... I really wanna see some new recurring vehicle stars... I miss that damn caravan dammit.
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

See, for me, I liked Tyreese. He wasn't a favorite, but I liked him, and I'm glad that they gave him a special kind of death episode, especially since it was so close to Beth's death. I've grown to really dislike both Glenn and Maggie, and I've been wanting at least one of them to die for the past two seasons, so if either one of those two had died during this episode, it wouldn't have affected me more or seemed more moving.
                    sigpic

Comment

The over-use of spoiler tags creates an ACTUAL spoiler danger: since we must open spoiler tags to follow the non-spoiler conversation, we're exposed to true spoilers when we finally open a tag that actually contains a spoiler.

The first post was placed in spoiler tags. Take a chance and peek. Phew. It's not spoilers. The next post is placed in spoiler tags. Take a chance and peek. Phew. It's not spoilers. But embedded in that post is a second spoiler tag. Take a chance and peek. Damn! The fate of a character in the comics is discussed. An actual spoiler!

You see? In an episode thread, everything that's already been shown is wide open for discussion. That way spoiler tags are reserved for information that is -- or might be -- about future episodes.

Comment

^ I agree, it makes it a lot harder to tell what is actual episode discussion and what's actual spoilers for future episodes. And honestly, if someone hasn't seen the episode, it's their own fault for getting spoiled if they're reading through a thread dedicated to the episode (a thread that only opens after the episode airs). I've asked about this before in another folder on here for those reasons, and I was told that we don't have to put spoiler tags if we're discussing the episode itself or episodes that came before it (in threads like this one, that are dedicated to a certain episode). We only have to put spoiler tags around actual spoilers and speculation about future episodes based on real information that wasn't on the show so far (like speculation based on information from books/comics or interviews with producers/writers/actors, etc.) We also can't discuss future episodes without spoiler tags in a thread like this, even if those episodes have aired. All episode discussion only has to be put in spoiler tags in general discussion threads.
                        Last edited by VampyreWraith; 19 February 2015, 11:24 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm presuming sometime this half-season we'll learn about those cut-in-half walkers, too... Some had like Roman numerals/hach marks on their heads too...
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            The over-use of spoiler tags creates an ACTUAL spoiler danger: since we must open spoiler tags to follow the non-spoiler conversation, we're exposed to true spoilers when we finally open a tag that actually contains a spoiler.

The first post was placed in spoiler tags. Take a chance and peek. Phew. It's not spoilers. The next post is placed in spoiler tags. Take a chance and peek. Phew. It's not spoilers. But embedded in that post is a second spoiler tag. Take a chance and peek. Damn! The fate of a character in the comics is discussed. An actual spoiler!

You see? In an episode thread, everything that's already been shown is wide open for discussion. That way spoiler tags are reserved for information that is -- or might be -- about future episodes.
                            Cripes! I'm so sorry, I guess I just followed the first poster.....my apologies, I fixed it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

Thanks for bringing this up as it is a good point.

Though I am not going to apologize for putting something from this episode in spoiler tags. I've seen people complaining loudly both ways so I tend to be a bit more sensitive to certain big topics like character deaths, especially if I am the first one posting something major like that.

I will just keep this in mind for the next time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X