• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubicon (212)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    RUBICON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212
    Jaha sets out with a group for the legendary City of Light and encounter a stranger in the wastelands. Bellamy must find a way into a restricted level of Mount Weather after the experiments on his friends resume, and Clarke makes a fateful decision in order to preserve their inside man.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 March 2015, 08:39 PM.

As much as I feel Clarke needs to be one of the folks in charge, they are really pushing it a bit too far with her continuing to steamroll over Abby. I was disappointed they couldn't figure out a way to warn people before the bomb came. Not sure how she can save face with her people when they find out. I hope Octavia can help Lincoln...I'm looking forward to Bellamy releasing the Grounders in Mt Weather and opening up a can of whoop a@$ on the Mt Men...especially President Wallace Jr.

Comment

Yes, Clarke is certainly going to take fire for her choice not to warn them. But strategically, it was still the right thing to do. As the missile attack clearly demonstrates, with out an inside agent such as Bellemy, the SkyGrounders have zero chance of successfully assaulting Mt. Weather. So protecting Bellemy had to be the first priority.

Clarke has some tough sledding ahead. If the surviving SkyGrounders can't accept that she made the only correct choice in a tough situation, she may find herself living with the Grounders after the alliance breaks up.

Comment

I loved this episode and I really like the way the season is going right now. Loved Jaha and Murphy. Loved Bellamy and the Mt. Weather parts. I really liked that Dante helped out Bellamy. Jasper was also pretty cool during this episode. Love Raven, and I really liked that she was trying to be supportive and a good friend when she noticed that Clarke looked stressed out. I'm glad that Octavia met up with/found Lincoln again. I like the Abby/Clarke dynamic and the Lexa/Clarke dynamic, I find them interesting. Love Kane, so I hope he's ok. I also hope Indra's ok. I like her and I really like the whole thing with Octavia being her Second.
        sigpic

Comment

More and more i am despising all things to do with the mountain men. Not just content to take bone marrow from live folk, they are now going all the way to killing them to get it. I hope ALL of them die horrible deaths. SLOW and Painful!

Comment

Didn't they say that they had to kill the Ark people to get enough bone marrow for the Mt. Weather people? Not to say that is justification for what they are doing but they have to kill the Ark children to survive
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, Dr. Tsing said (in an earlier episode) that all the kids had to die, in order for them to have enough bone marrow to cure all of their people.
              sigpic

Comment

Just to add to this, in case anyone's forgotten, the Ark people were executing their own people for petty bs in order to survive. Octavia's only crime was being born, and she was sent on a suicide mission along with 99 other kids. Those kids that the Mt. Men were killing, had already basically been sentenced to death by their own people (most of the Ark leaders thought that the kids would die from the radiation when they sent them down, they were just trying to conserve more oxygen). The Ark leaders were also planning on herding 300(?) of their own clueless people into a section of the ship and cutting off the oxygen, so that the rest could survive for longer (people volunteered only after Abby told the entire Ark what was going on by releasing her late husband's video). The Mountain Men aren't the only ones that have done or tried to do really shady things in order to survive. I'm not taking Mt Weather's side (or anyone's really), nor trying to justify what they were doing, but the Ark people weren't really that much better than the Mt. Men.
                sigpic

Comment

The diff to me is that the Mt Weather people don't NEED to get the treatment to survive. They seem to be doing ok inside their bunker. Those on the Arc DID need to do what they had to, otherwise they would all have eventually died.

Comment

They mentioned earlier in the season (I think during one of Dante and Cage's conversations), that their bunker wasn't as air tight as it used to be and that radiation was getting in and making them sick, and that if they didn't do something they would eventually die out (what happened to Maya was on purpose, but I think there have been actual radiation leaks). That's why they needed treatments of Grounder blood and why they had all those caged grounders (I don't think it was just for the occasional times when one of their recon people got exposed). Dante wanted to integrate the 47 into their population and get their radiation immunity naturally through interbreeding, but Cage and Tsing didn't want to wait and wanted to fix their people now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Which makes me wonder, how long HAS the mountain men been collecting grounders for their 'sucking blood' and reaper generating project?

Comment

Dante said that when he was young, they saw the Grounders outside through their cameras and figured that it was safe for them to go out too, but they started getting sick and dying. They probably started experimenting on the Grounders soon after that, in order to figure out how the Grounders could survive outside and to find a treatment for the people who were exposed to the radiation.

I'm not sure when the actual regular blood harvesting along with the treatments and the Reaper program started. I don't remember if it was mentioned. But they probably figured out rather quickly that Grounder blood could heal them and used it as a treatment, since Dante mentioned going outside and he would most likely have died from the radiation if he didn't have some kind of treatment (unless they had some other treatment for radiation earlier, that they ran out of or something). I don't know how old Dante is supposed to be now or how old he was when he went outside that first time (the actor is in his mid 70's, I think, but I'm not sure if the character is supposed to be the same age). They've probably been at least experimenting on the Grounders for around 50-60 yrs. They might have mentioned ages and/or the exact number of years ago that things took place on the show but I don't remember. I hardly ever remember things that have to do with numbers lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

It would be nice for those in the show to tell us..

Comment

Maybe they will
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

We can hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X