• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coup de Grace (211)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON TWO
    COUP DE GRACE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    Bellamy is subject to horrifying conditions after infiltrating the mountain, while an exasperated Jasper confronts President Wallace. After Clarke is nearly killed by a sniper the Ark ends up holding an enemy prisoner.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 February 2015, 09:43 PM.

I liekd that Montey and harper were returned, but not before dad got 'overthrown by his son.
    I liked that Clark showed up Abby at the end (you may be chancellor, but I lead!)
    I liked Bellamy's scenes in the mount, but hated that he said they need a plan that does not kill those kids. Sorry Bel, but do you NOT think they too have benefited from the stealing of Grounder (and your fellow 47's) blood? Do you not think that if Son and that doctor have their way, those kids won't get bone marrow donations?
    They are NOT innocent!

Comment

Yeah, I loved that, when Clarke stared her mother down. That girl will not back down for anyone. And she's right not to. She has far more experience dealing with life on the ground than those from the Ark do. It will be interesting to see if her mother will be mature enough to accept the facts of the situation.

As far as the kids go, they may have benefited from the blood of the Grounders and the 47. But they are kids, and are not making the decisions. I consider them innocent.

Comment

I loved this episode, and the one before it. I really like when the show doesn't focus solely/mostly on Clarke, and when the other characters have something important/interesting to do (something more interesting than standing there agreeing with Clarke or being irrational/wrong just to show how natural a leader and right Clarke is).

One thing that I love about this show, is that it hasn't painted any side black. All sides have done/continue to do things that most people would currently consider evil/immoral or unethical to assure their survival (with certain individuals within each group being innocent, and others being darker and willing to take things to further extremes). The people at Mt. Weather have done horrible things to survive, and Cage and Dr. Tsing (who seem pretty deranged/evil lol) are willing to take things even further, but there are still innocent (or relatively innocent) people there (the kids, Maya).

I loved how this episode kind of paralleled Dante/Cage to Abby/Clarke. Both parents/leaders made similar arguments to their "children", both children responded in a similar way, and they both kind of staged their own coup. I liked how Dante again spoke of tainted legacies, how what they'd done to the Grounders had forever tainted their legacy and that he didn't want to take things further. The same sort of thing kind of applies to the Ark people, especially if they go through with killing/or just stand there and allow the killing of all the Mountain Men. I like that Abby is worried for Clarke and about where her decisions will lead her. She basically doesn't want to see her daughter end up becoming someone like Cage. I don't blame her for being worried. When Bellamy mentioned trying to find a way that didn't involve killing everyone, after he saw the children, Clarke seemed kind of reluctant to consider that.

My comments are probably kind of biased because I'm not Clarke's biggest fan lol (I don't hate her, but she's my least favorite character). Yes, she has her badass/cool moments, and I love the show, but I find the whole "Clarke is awesome and she'll save us, while everyone else is wrong and/or just not willing to do what it takes to keep us safe/survive" thing that's kind of been going this season annoying to watch at times. I don't think that Clarke is going to turn "bad", but I want her to be "wrong", or to regret some of the decisions she's made since Finn's death. It's almost like she's been trying too hard not to care, and not to be seen as weak since then. I don't want her to be able to save everyone, even if she does try to. I kind of hope that a bunch (innocent) people (including some of the 47) die in Mt. Weather (for story/character development purposes, not because I want to see people die), and that Clarke feels guilty about it and has regrets about how she's handled things.

Ok, this post is way longer (more of an anti-Clarke rant) than I had originally intended lol.
        sigpic

Comment

what I found interesting is that the people on the ark were genetically engineered, as to do what , I don't know, but my guess is that they were genetically engineered to handle the radiation, but I bet the grounders come by it naturally, survival of the fittest and all, but if the mount weather people were so smart, why can't they figure out that instead of taking the grounders blood, then they take their bone marrow and become immune to the radiation themselves.

Comment

They were genetically engineered due to being born in the high radiation of orbit. Nothing else. Grounders on the other hand do seem to have some disformities from the radiation (well some do at least).

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I liekd that Montey and harper were returned, but not before dad got 'overthrown by his son.
              I liked that Clark showed up Abby at the end (you may be chancellor, but I lead!)
              I liked Bellamy's scenes in the mount, but hated that he said they need a plan that does not kill those kids. Sorry Bel, but do you NOT think they too have benefited from the stealing of Grounder (and your fellow 47's) blood? Do you not think that if Son and that doctor have their way, those kids won't get bone marrow donations?
              They are NOT innocent!
              They aren't exactly guilty either.

Anyone else found it strange that we only not learn the 100 were genetically engineer?

Comment

I thought it was a bit weird when Abby said that the Ark people were genetically engineered, since it was never mentioned before now, but then I thought that maybe they don't actually mean genetic engineering, but adaptation. If they're actually talking about genetic engineering, the show is probably mentioning it now try to make the Ark people's enhanced radiation resistance and the near magical healing properties of their blood (when given to the Mountain Men) seem more plausible. Either way, the Ark people's magical blood might end up being used as a way to try to make peace with the Mountain Men by "fixing" them, but without killing/seriously damaging the donors in the process (though that would seem kind of repetitive, since that's pretty much the same type of deal they have with the Grounders, so I don't know).
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X