PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

DigiFluid
January 7th, 2015, 05:38 PM
As we've known for some time now, Daredevil will be the first of the Marvel/Netflix TV shows. It's being run, at least for its first season, by Steven S. DeKnight (Buffy, Angel, Spartacus).

News today (http://marvel.com/news/tv/23903/marvel_netflix_announce_release_date_for_marvels_daredevil): the show's (first?) season will debut in its entirety--13 episodes--on Netflix on April 10!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bft7NJGeoXQ

Daredevil stars:

Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood) as Karen Page
Elden Henson (The Hunger Games) as Foggy Nelson
Rosario Dawson (Alexander, Sin City, Clerks II) as Claire Temple
Vincent D’Onofrio (Full Metal Jacket, JFK, L&O: CI) as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin

Teddybrown
February 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ3yXDFvybA

Teaser trailer

DigiFluid
February 3rd, 2015, 05:38 PM
I'm looking forward to this quite a lot actually.

Teddybrown
February 4th, 2015, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ

The actual teaser trailer

garhkal
February 5th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Will it only be viewable on netflicks?

jelgate
February 5th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Probably

Teddybrown
March 11th, 2015, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNK8L3ZdmE&feature=player_embedded

New trailer.

DigiFluid
March 12th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I am very, very excited for this.

jelgate
March 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
I am very, very excited for this.

I'm happy that I have a Netflix account

DigiFluid
April 10th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I've been binge-watching this since I got home from work...holy crap is it ever good. I was speechless after episode 4.

Gen. Chris
April 11th, 2015, 08:12 AM
I've been binge-watching this since I got home from work...holy crap is it ever good. I was speechless after episode 4.

This show is excellent in every sense of the word. I am surprised more people are not commenting on it here.

Teddybrown
April 11th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Not got a Netflix account, but Im staying at my sisters next week, and she has!

Havent told her that Im borrowing it yet though... :p

jelgate
April 11th, 2015, 12:40 PM
This show is excellent in every sense of the word. I am surprised more people are not commenting on it here.

Honestly I am waiting until summer when my schedule isn't so chaotic. They aren't going anywhere

DigiFluid
April 11th, 2015, 01:04 PM

I'm still watching, so I've mostly gone dark to avoid spoilers. Just coming up for air once in a while.

DigiFluid
April 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM
...and now I'm done, so I can safely emerge from hiding!

Wow. What a brilliant bloody series. The writing, the direction, the cinematography, the casting, the acting--they knocked all of it out of the park.

And though I found all of it to be excellent and above and beyond, I absolutely must highlight Vincent D'Onofrio as being [u]brilliant[/i] as Wilson Fisk. He plays his character flawlessly in a villain performance that is (dare I say) on par with the brilliance of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Some lingering questions I have (spoilers for whole season) :
At one point, Claire refers to an ex named Mike who 'turned out to be very good at keeping secrets.' Mike is certainly a very common name, but I couldn't help but think this was a sly nod to Mike Peterson (Deathlok) in Agents of SHIELD! Agree/disagree?

What is the Black Sky weapon/child?

At the end of Stick's episode, he reports in to someone, his master or something. Who is that? And a few episodes later, it seems that Nobu knows who Stick is and what "his war" is about. What is the story there?

When Madame Gao leaves NY to visit 'her homeland,' she says to Owlsey that it's "considerably farther afield" than China. Who is she? Where is she from? Was that a cosmic reference of some sort?

Right near the end of the finale, just before Fisk is arrested (for the first time) he asks Vanessa--off-screen--to do something for him. What did he ask her to do?

Gen. Chris
April 12th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Digi, you have a lot of the same questions I have. I'm guessing that they will be answered either in the shows of the three other heroes, the Defenders miniseries, or as a set up to a possible second season of Daredevil sometime before Defenders.

Mrja84
April 13th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Free of Spoilers:

Watched up to episode 10. Probably going to watch the rest by Saturday.

I love the action scenes and the fact that they have weight to them. They are meaningful and are not easy for either party.

I love the characters. I love how they grow and how the pilot has set the tone and storylines that continue throughout the season.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Mrja84
April 13th, 2015, 01:02 PM
And though I found all of it to be excellent and above and beyond, I absolutely must highlight Vincent D'Onofrio as being [u]brilliant[/i] as Wilson Fisk. He plays his character flawlessly in a villain performance that is (dare I say) on par with the brilliance of Heath Ledger's Joker.

I wouldn't say that. Not to discount Vincent's performance. But they are very different roles. The Joker was given as an absolute. He wasn't given any human elements, just pure chaos and challenging everything the Batman built and symbolized.

Vincent D'Onofrio (who I didn't recognize from Law and Order, but I did find him familiar) portrayed Wilson Fisk not just as a symbol of what Matt Mudock wants to fight, but also as a mirror of Matt, his mission, and his beliefs.

It goes further by the fact that the writers crafted Fisk's backstory to truly define the difference between how each was raised. Both have their better angels in them, but they also have their devils to deal with. It goes beyond D'Onofrio's performance to just how the cast and crew built a wonderful array of characters that are truly human despite the stakes being raised.

D'Onofrio was integral to selling Wilson Fisk, but the actor that played a younger Fisk and his parents were amazing. That truly helped give him an emotional core that we don't see clearly in the present scenes.

Ikorni
April 19th, 2015, 06:48 PM

Already heard many good things about it, so maybe that curiosity will get too overwhelming until I give in and start that binge watching.

dosed150
April 21st, 2015, 01:55 AM
Free of Spoilers:

Watched up to episode 10. Probably going to watch the rest by Saturday.

I love the action scenes and the fact that they have weight to them. They are meaningful and are not easy for either party.

I love the characters. I love how they grow and how the pilot has set the tone and storylines that continue throughout the season.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

the fight scenes very much suit the character, you can tell hes not like batman or the arrow, he really takes a beating in some of his fights

Teddybrown
April 21st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Finally managed to start watching this. Up to episode 4 now. It's very good and looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.

Surprised how dark it is, I knew it would be darker than usual Marvel stuff, but it's on a bigger scale than I thought it would be. No complaints from me though. It's got some nice nods to it's universe as well. Helps remind that they're all linked.

DigiFluid
April 21st, 2015, 04:10 PM
Daredevil Renewed For Season 2! (http://daredeviltv.net/daredevil-renewed-for-season-2/)

Good news from EW tonight:

Daredevil has been renewed for a second season!

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I...have mixed feelings about this.

Gen. Chris
April 21st, 2015, 06:17 PM
Daredevil Renewed For Season 2! (http://daredeviltv.net/daredevil-renewed-for-season-2/)

The episodes are expected to arrive in 2016, though there will be a creative change: Steven DeKnight has stepped down as showrunner, to be replaced by Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, both of whom worked on Season 1.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Why? It means they have more room to tell his story, give us a season of him as the actual Daredevil persona and not just a masked vigilante, and means we won't have to wait until The Defenders to see him again. It could also mean his story may work a bit into Civil War, as he is one of the few superheroes in the MCU right now to actually be anonymous and threatened by registration.

DigiFluid
April 21st, 2015, 06:32 PM
I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.

Gen. Chris
April 21st, 2015, 06:57 PM
I think you mistake my meaning here...I'm thrilled there's more Daredevil coming.

What I'm not thrilled about is that Steven DeKnight, who poured himself into making Season 1 as great as it was, will not be returning as showrunner.

Oh okay, my mistake. I did wonder if that is what you meant. However, he was never meant to be a permanent showrunner, I think. And at the very least they are promoting from within.

I have decent faith that they will continue the show adequately, and maybe DeKnight can at least serve as an advisor.

Teddybrown
April 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Two more episodes left. Looking forward to how this ends.

Starship Trooper
April 23rd, 2015, 09:44 AM

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I don't. What a relief, to be honest. And you will know why when you reach the end of the season and watch the last episode. It is the only episode that DeKnight directs, and personally, I think he should stick with production. Compared to the previous episodes, well, I felt like I was watching different characters - a different show, in fact. And not in a good way. Really ruined it for me, actually.

DigiFluid
April 23rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.

Starship Trooper
April 24th, 2015, 01:22 AM
I finished the season the day after it released, and have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, then we simply have a difference of opinion there. :)

I was binge watching, and therefore skipping through the opening credits, but the change from that wonderful penultimate episode to the beginning of the finale was so jarring I actually went back to check who had directed. It is the only episode of the season that DeKnight directs, and I think that was a big mistake. As the producer, I can only assume that it was his decision to direct the finale - and I think that says something about the way he works that I don't like. Such a weird thing to do - take the most important episode and decide to have an entirely new director work on it. Just because he can produce doesn't mean he can direct.

mr_kennedy
April 28th, 2015, 04:25 AM
Daredevil is awesome, Im up to about episode 8, all the actors are owning there respective roles, especially d'onofrio and cox, when the marvel Netflix series were announced last year this and Jessica jones were the 2 things I was looking forward to the least but daredevil is great, and Jessica jones atleast from the casting side of things looks to have potential aswell

the shows im really intrigued about is iron fist and defenders

VampyreWraith
April 28th, 2015, 06:50 AM
I watched the whole season over the weekend that it was first released. I wasn't really expecting to like it much, but I ended up loving it a lot. I'm really, really glad that it's getting another season. :)

DigiFluid
May 8th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Marvel: Rosario Dawson as Claire will return in Season 2, which makes its debut sometime in 2016. (http://marvel.com/news/tv/24596/rosario_dawson_returns_to_hells_kitchen_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_d aredevil_season_2_more)

DigiFluid
June 9th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Jon Bernthal (Shane in The Walking Dead) has been cast as Frank Castle/The Punisher in season 2.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredev il

mr_kennedy
June 9th, 2015, 05:44 PM
*RUBS HEAD* I think this is great casting, tho would have been cool if Thomas Jane had reprised his role

Teddybrown
June 10th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Will be interesting to see how Matt reacts to his ruthlessness...

Teddybrown
June 29th, 2015, 04:15 AM
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the-punisher-will-reportedly-appear-as-the-villain-in-daredevil-season-2-20150626
The Punisher will reportedly appear as a villain

Teddybrown
July 10th, 2015, 01:29 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/daredevil-elodie-yung-is-elektra-in-season-2-29505.htm
Elektra cast for season 2

rkgardner2003
August 16th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Just finished the season, looking forward to season 2! I was take by surprise how much I enjoyed it. I can't say why I had been stalling starting the series, but I'm glad I finally did.

DigiFluid
September 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM
DAREDEVIL Casts Stephen Rider as DA Blake Tower (http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-news/13028-daredevil-casts-stephen-rider-as-da-blake-tower)

Another news story, another new addition to one of Marvel’s Netflix-exclusive shows…
This time, Safe House’s Stephen Rider has been revealed to be playing District Attorney Blake Tower in the second season of the Charlie Cox-starring Daredevil. Again, this is a character who has been pulled straight from the comic books, with Tower making his debut way back in 1968 and having appeared at various times ever since then, including becoming a major part of She-Hulk’s foray into law.

In Daredevil, DA Tower will be a character who appears throughout the season, acting as an ally of Matt Murdock’s and helping to slip him private info on certain nefarious sorts.

Complete with Jon Bernthal’s Punisher and Elodie Yung’s Elektra in tow, Daredevil returns to Netflix next year.

DigiFluid
September 16th, 2015, 01:09 PM
"Stick" returns in season 2

https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status/644254671314354176

Looney
September 29th, 2015, 08:47 AM
So I finished this series awhile back, but haven't said anything yet. I have to say that as much as I loved this show I hate it because I want to give up on this Marvel Universe stuff! :jack_new_anime04: I feel like it is just more than I want to pay to keep buying this Marvel media since Disney took over, so I want to get out of it. But NO, they have to go and make Guardians of The Galaxy and this show to keep me wanting more. I hate it! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the other stuff too, but not enough to keep buying the stuff now that Disney is in charge. I mean seriously, Agent Carter's eight episodes on Blu-Ray $36.99, really?! And before you say it, I started buying the stuff so I have to keep buying it or get rid of all of it. That is just me.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the show and I wish Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was this good. Agents has come close at times, but out of the two seasons there have been fewer than ten episodes that approach the kind of quality Daredevil had in most of the episodes. That doesn't mean they were not enjoyable episodes, it just means I feel they could have been better.

My other big issue with this series is going to be connecting it to the rest of the Universe, which I doubt they'll do well. I hope I am very wrong. Going back to Agents I feel like that has been their real problem. They have had a few great connections to the movie franchises, but on the whole they have not done nearly as much as they should have. I don't mean getting Chris Evans to guest star as much as mentioning things from the movies more often. I am hoping Daredevil gets some mention in Agents Season 3, that I am excited to watch tomorrow when it is available to stream.

Long story long, I've given up on Arrow, Grimm, Gotham, and Flash has a few episodes to win me back. Daredevil has shown what these shows can do when the effort is put forth. It is the current series I am most looking forward to next year. . . I mean it is a close second to Trailer Park Boys Season 10. :lol:

Teddybrown
October 11th, 2015, 07:19 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/new-york-comic-con-daredevil-831219
Teasing both Daredevil Season 2 and Jessica Jones

Teddybrown
October 12th, 2015, 11:48 AM
https://youtu.be/xK0drFF1Kr0

Season 2 teaser

VampyreWraith
October 13th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to the second season of Daredevil.

ClockworkNebari
December 25th, 2015, 03:22 AM
Finally managed to start watching this. Up to episode 4 now. It's very good and looking forward to watching the rest of the episodes.

This was easily the best tv series of 2015, very strong cast in DD

blueray
December 26th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I just binged watched this show. I was hesitant to watch it as I knew it was a lot darker then other shows (such as Agents of Shield). But I loved it! Sure its dark but there is a good story going, great characters. I really can't wait for season 2!

I did find myself often forgetting that it is sent in the same universe as Coulson and the avengers. I kind of like that it was mostly self-contained, I don't really want to have to watch a bunch of other shows to know what is going on with one of them. I do however, enjoy the random references such as Thor's hammer. And I do hope that Stan Lee makes an appearance in season 2.

rkgardner2003
December 26th, 2015, 04:19 PM
I just binged watched this show. I was hesitant to watch it as I knew it was a lot darker then other shows (such as Agents of Shield). But I loved it! Sure its dark but there is a good story going, great characters. I really can't wait for season 2!

I did find myself often forgetting that it is sent in the same universe as Coulson and the avengers. I kind of like that it was mostly self-contained, I don't really want to have to watch a bunch of other shows to know what is going on with one of them. I do however, enjoy the random references such as Thor's hammer. And I do hope that Stan Lee makes an appearance in season 2.

You should also give Jessica Jones a try, it's along the same tone as Daredevil. I liked it equally as much.

blueray
December 27th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I probably should. I've heard mix things about it.

Teddybrown
January 9th, 2016, 05:13 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/daredevil-season-2-confirmed-for-march-in-new-teaser-30280.htm
Season 2 release date

Gen. Chris
February 15th, 2016, 07:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4

Gen. Chris
February 15th, 2016, 09:21 AM
God I hope they don't kill off Punisher. That would be tragic.

I know there are rumors of a spinoff though so hopefully that is true.

VampyreWraith
February 15th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I can't wait for season 2!

Gen. Chris
February 15th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Neither can I. This season looks incredible already and we have only seen "half" a trailer.

I'm glad they are introducing Elektra. Hopefully they do a better job than the other movie.

Gen. Chris
February 25th, 2016, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

Teddybrown
February 25th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Wow, this season is looking good!

Gen. Chris
March 15th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Final trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMC7H23-sMs

Teddybrown
March 15th, 2016, 03:54 PM
This Friday! I know what im doing this weekend...

DigiFluid
March 18th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I have had time to watch 4 episodes so far today. Still an absolutely terrific show, even if not quite as 'grimdark' as season 1.

At this point, the Netflix shows are what I want most from my superhero entertainment.

mr_kennedy
March 19th, 2016, 12:24 AM
watched 2 episodes today, loved it like seeing John Bernthal in a show i watch again, but i'm still waiting for him to rub his head lol

Also should be noted that Itunes now has season 1 of Daredevil available to purchase

Gen. Chris
March 19th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Surprised few are talking about it.

So far it's been great. The best part of course is still the fighting. I'm done with seven episodes so far so only a little over halfway done. Hopefully it doesn't stall after episode 8/9 like the first season did, but I doubt it will considering some of the more exciting stuff in the trailers hasn't even happened yet.

Spoilers for episode 3

Holy **** that fight scene at the end. It wasn't quite all one "shot" like in the first season but they concealed it enough that it looked like it. I suppose some of those stunts were too dangerous to do all in one shot.

VampyreWraith
March 19th, 2016, 04:43 PM
I've watched the first 8 episodes so far and I love it.

jelgate
March 19th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I have seen 1 episode. I know its not as impressive but I like to prolong the season over a long time. I find it more enjoyable than binge watching. It was interesting how the Punisher is more villian than antihero in the show. I also noticed they have upped the blood and gore which I am okay with

Gen. Chris
March 20th, 2016, 01:33 AM
I just finished episode 11. Glad this season hasn't burned out around 8-9 like the first season.

Gotta go to bed, sadly, but dammit I'm finishing it tomorrow :D

mr_kennedy
March 20th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Episode 4. got a surprise to see Tony Curran he really should be in more stuff his excellent work in both Doctor Who and Defiance

DigiFluid
March 20th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Something I'm puzzled about...

(spoilers for the final two episodes)
If Elektra is the "Black Sky", then who the heck was that kid that Stick tried to kill in season 1? :confused:

Teddybrown
March 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Only on episode 3, got some catching up to do, luckily its the Easter break next week...

Gen. Chris
March 20th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Final verdict on season 2...A great improvement on season 1, and it even manages to stay fresh the whole time. My main complaint about season 1 was that it faltered around episodes 9-10 and it took until the last to recover. This season didn't have that problem at all.

I just wish the season had more Punisher action. I kept hoping for him to be unleashed on The Hand and he barely did anything in the end

Bring on season 3, Luke Cage, The Punisher spinoff, and Defenders.

DigiFluid
March 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Bring on season 3, Luke Cage, The Punisher spinoff

Yes, yes, and hell yes!

Regarding Defenders, however, I find myself a little ambivalent. I have loved both seasons of DD and JJ's debut season so much that I'm not even sure I want a team-up series any more. These series stand so strong on their own, with the little links between them to underscore their shared universe, and I kind of feel like that's enough.

mr_kennedy
March 21st, 2016, 12:09 AM
Agreed its better separate IMO, tho i could change my mind once iv'e seen Iron Fist (this was actually the netflix show i was looking forward to the most, and i never expected to love Jessica Jones and Daredevil as much as i do)

blueray
March 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Regarding Defenders, however, I find myself a little ambivalent. I have loved both seasons of DD and JJ's debut season so much that I'm not even sure I want a team-up series any more. These series stand so strong on their own, with the little links between them to underscore their shared universe, and I kind of feel like that's enough.

I agree, though I of course will watch the mini series. I love DD and I couldn't get into JJ. So I like that I can continue to watch DD without needing to know what happened in another show.

Anyhow, season 2 was great! I loved the action, new characters. I just wish there was a bit more Foggy.

Teddybrown
March 28th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Finally finished it and enjoyed it.

Gen. Chris
July 21st, 2016, 06:56 PM
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/23/marvel-and-netflix-announce-daredevil-season-3/

Renewed for Season 3 :D

blueray
July 22nd, 2016, 12:22 PM
I was happy to hear that it was renewed, I can't wait. I wonder when it is going to air?

Gen. Chris
July 22nd, 2016, 02:20 PM
Probably after The Defenders

My guess is that the shows will go

Luke Cage in the fall
Iron Fist next spring
Defenders next fall
Jessica Jones spring 2018
Daredevil Fall 2018

I could be wrong and this is not including when the Punisher will come out but I don't think any show will get a new season until after The Defenders.

VampyreWraith
July 23rd, 2016, 01:26 PM
Glad to hear that it's getting a season 3. :) Looking forward to the other Netflix Marvel shows as well

DigiFluid
July 23rd, 2016, 06:55 PM
Probably after The Defenders

My guess is that the shows will go

Luke Cage in the fall
Iron Fist next spring
Defenders next fall
Jessica Jones spring 2018
Daredevil Fall 2018

I could be wrong and this is not including when the Punisher will come out but I don't think any show will get a new season until after The Defenders.

I think that sounds about right. And I'm curious to see when Punisher ends up fitting into the scheme of things.

DigiFluid
July 28th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Not exactly rock-solid confirmation, but the Senior Writer for EW is under the impression (http://twinfinite.net/2016/07/marvel-netflix-schedule-revealed-new-series-season-episodes/) that that's exactly how it'll go: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, THEN JJ2/DD3, THEN Punisher.

norival1992
October 1st, 2016, 06:05 AM
I really liked the slowness of the first season. It gave us room to watch Matt and Fiske develop, and their backstories. And it all tied together so nicely. Now I have to wait a year before I see what happens next... damn those good cliffhangers to hell.

Teddybrown
October 27th, 2017, 12:31 PM
http://cultfix.co.uk/daredevil-donofrios-kingpin-returns-in-season-3-32793.htm
Kingpins returning for season 3!

Everlovin
April 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Have we heard when S3 is coming out?

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Have we heard when S3 is coming out?

Not yet, no. But the Marvel Netflix shows's gestation period from start of filming till release is typically 11-12 months, and Daredevil 3 started filming in November of last year. And given that the month of November tends to be when Netflix original series get release (and is when Jessica Jones 1 and Punisher were released), I'd say it's a fair bet that Daredevil 3 will be out in November of this year.

Everlovin
April 17th, 2018, 10:37 AM
I hate wait

Teddybrown
September 11th, 2018, 12:27 PM
https://youtu.be/wpQces0zCUg

jelgate
September 11th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Kind of creepy but it does fit the tone

Everlovin
September 11th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Looking forward to it

DigiFluid
September 19th, 2018, 02:49 PM
New poster (https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1042443199330091011) for Season 3 released via Twitter:

DigiFluid
September 20th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Another new poster via Twitter (https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1042809361758924800):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnjNlpRXgAEjlJc.jpg

AND new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFL89zgBOo

AND premiere date: October 19!!

Everlovin
September 20th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Actual premier date! Yay

Chaka-Z0
September 20th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Great news, can't wait!

Teddybrown
September 20th, 2018, 10:33 AM
So soon! 4 series in one year, awesome!

DigiFluid
September 26th, 2018, 06:38 AM
The Kingpin suits up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIYGyzNUYtQ

DigiFluid
October 4th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Finally, a proper trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icz8vT7M3zU

Teddybrown
October 5th, 2018, 09:26 AM
This is definately looking like it could match season 1 of DD and JJ as best netflix season!

DigiFluid
October 20th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Just finished watching season 3 -- damn, that was good!

Fingers crossed that it's not the next Marvel Netflix show on the chopping block, but if it is, at least it goes out on a high note.

Everlovin
October 20th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Loved it!

Teddybrown
October 21st, 2018, 01:17 PM
This is up there with season 1 of DD and Jessica Jones, didnt drift, didnt slow down, kept me gripped the whole way through! Could possibly even be my new favourite.

Getting the horrible feeling though this was rounded off too nicely and its going to be cancelled and they knew. Hoping Im wrong...

Teddybrown
November 2nd, 2018, 03:41 PM
So apparently viewing figures for season 3 were half that of season 2...

Everlovin
November 3rd, 2018, 08:06 AM
Which makes no sense as S3 was so much better than S2

DigiFluid
November 3rd, 2018, 08:11 AM
Which makes no sense as S3 was so much better than S2

That makes perfect sense. Attrition (all shows bleed off viewers over time) aside, people who disliked season 2 didn't return for season 3, hence lower viewership.

jelgate
November 3rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
Not to mention the 2 year wait

Teddybrown
November 3rd, 2018, 02:03 PM
And the standard of the other shows inbetween season 2 and 3 not being as good...

DigiFluid
November 29th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Netflix has cancelled Daredevil (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/daredevil-canceled-at-netflix-as-marvel-roster-shrinks-two-1165162)

Teddybrown
November 30th, 2018, 12:43 AM
Disappointing but not unexpected

Everlovin
December 1st, 2018, 05:06 AM
Ok, silly question. But will Daredevil and the others still be available on Netflix? Even after it's all over and done with?

DigiFluid
December 1st, 2018, 05:21 AM
Not a silly question at all, there are a lot of unknowns right now. I have to imagine that they would stay available on Netflix if for no other reason than that Netflix coproduced the shows, which I expect means they made a pretty significant financial investment that they're not just going to surrender.

And then it probably gets even more complicated regionally -- there are probably different licensing terms in different countries and blocs that'll make it all very difficult to untangle.

So in short, the best answer right now is probably: "dunno, wait and see" :lol:

Gatefan1976
December 1st, 2018, 05:30 AM
From what I have heard, ALL Netflix shows will remain on Netflix for re-runs. Digi is right in saying Netflix PAID for them, and Disney/Marvel cannot strip them of their rights because of that.
What is up in the air is weather DD, IF, JJ or LC will MAKE it to the MCU with the current actors. I HOPE they don't make the same mistake DC made with casting someone other than Tom Welling as Superman and recast all the characters. If DC made a blockbuster movie and did not cast Amell or Gustin as Arrow/flash, it would create issues, same as recasting Charlie Cox for DD, or Jess Smith for JJ.

Everlovin
December 1st, 2018, 07:57 AM
That's sort of what I was guessing but other people thinking the same helps. I love what has been produced and watch it a lot

DigiFluid
December 1st, 2018, 09:19 AM
So, an interesting twist...(or maybe I'm reading too much into things); this is Marvel's press release on the news:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/an-update-on-marvel-s-daredevil

Marvel is extremely grateful to the huge audience that loved Marvel's Daredevil. From the moment of young Matt’s first act of heroism to the birth of Page, Murdock, & Nelson, it has been a unbelievable journey. We are incredibly proud of the amazing showrunners and writers starting with Drew Goddard and Steven DeKnight, Marco Ramirez and Doug Petrie and Erik Oleson, Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio and our casts who brought our characters to life with such excellence, and every one of the fantastic crews in NYC. We look forward to more adventures with the Man without Fear in the future.

That last sentence really caught my attention.

Gen. Chris
December 1st, 2018, 09:11 PM
So, an interesting twist...(or maybe I'm reading too much into things); this is Marvel's press release on the news:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/an-update-on-marvel-s-daredevil

That last sentence really caught my attention.

According to Alan Sepinwall Disney Plus has passed...and I personally doubt Hulu will go for it even with Disney directing it to do so. Though we will have to wait for official confirmation on that and I truly hope he is wrong.

The issue comes down to rights, unfortunately. We may see the characters in the future, sure. But I think the actors and their current iterations are done, which is the biggest shame of all. I liked all the actors and actresses but Cox, Bernthal, and D'Onofrio stood above the rest when it came to all the Netflix shows. Losing them is tragic.

Gatefan1976
December 1st, 2018, 09:42 PM
According to Alan Sepinwall Disney Plus has passed...and I personally doubt Hulu will go for it even with Disney directing it to do so. Though we will have to wait for official confirmation on that and I truly hope he is wrong.

The issue comes down to rights, unfortunately. We may see the characters in the future, sure. But I think the actors and their current iterations are done, which is the biggest shame of all. I liked all the actors and actresses but Cox, Bernthal, and D'Onofrio stood above the rest when it came to all the Netflix shows. Losing them is tragic.

To loose the actors would be a absolute shame. Cox received recognition from the blind community on how his portrayal of DD empowered them to be just as capable as any other person. Bernthal makes the struggle of being the punisher actually believable and not just a murderer and Vincent D is kingpin from the moment you see him. These are quality acting chops, from not just the mains, but the supporting cast as well.
Sure, you can recast, but at this stage, why would you?

Gen. Chris
December 2nd, 2018, 01:01 AM
I do remember Cox had it in his contract that he would be able to appear in the movies "if requested".

I'm not sure if the others have the same.

God I wish this had been handled better. This universe started off so GOOD with the one-two punch of Daredevil and then Jessica Jones, and while it stumbled a bit in the middle and absolutely failed to really deliver anything meaningful with The Defenders (the biggest shame) I felt they regained their footing with the most recent seasons of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil.

It will be such a loss I feel. But at least Charlie Cox went out on such a ****ing high note with his final confrontation with Fisk. ******* that was beautiful.

Everlovin
December 2nd, 2018, 12:17 PM
So this makes everything as clear as mud.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/11/30/the-real-reasons-netflix-is-cancelling-their-marvel-shows/#6188f50f196c

But I also have a cold, so if it makes sense to anyone else?

Teddybrown
December 3rd, 2018, 12:39 PM
So are JJ and Punisher also cancelled yet?

Everlovin
December 4th, 2018, 06:19 AM
I would suspect they're next. Just not announcing it until after they air.

DigiFluid
December 14th, 2018, 02:59 AM
Amy Rutberg (Marci) believes that the decision to cancel the series was solely Netflix's decision, as everyone at Marvel she's spoken with was caught off-guard by the announcement.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/14/daredevil-season-3-cancelled-netflix-season-4-amy-rutberg-marvel/

Everlovin
September 17th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I came across this... Fingers crossed

https://wegotthiscovered-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wegotthiscovered.com/tv/daredevil-fx-original-stars-returning/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwegotthiscovered.com%2Ftv%2Fdaredevil-fx-original-stars-returning%2F