This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters From Pegasus security question

in "Letters From Pegasus" when they were recording their messages, they made a big deal about not saying anything a security clearence to know, but not counting zelenka's bit describing Atlantis' rising because that was just for the amusement factor, there were a lot of things in the background of the messages and on their uniforms that would be security violations

first all of them did their interviews wearing their Atlantis uniforms and their Atlantis patch was visible in most of them. the only exceptions were Weir and Ford. Weir was just not wearing her jacket so it was a red shirt, Ford was the only one smart enough to switch into more standard camo, although i havnt seen that pattern before, it at least wouldnt raise any questions for a marine to be wearing camo. Sgt Bates who is all obsessed with securitiy did his with his Atlantis mission patch in clear view!

Atlantian architecture is clearly visible behind beckett in his lab. there is nothing in the lab equiptment to raise eyebrows, but the architecture of the wall and tank are very distinctive and would probably get his mother wondering

there is a naquada generator perfectly visible on the table over zelenka's left shoulder

bates' is ok except for the mission patch because he is just sitting in fromt of some BLU's

the jerk with the ponytail had a Atlantis emblem clear on his laptop, but since he was sending it to oniell it doesnt really matter

weir's messages just had some art in the background so she was ok

the only ones that really respected the securitity clearance thing was ford and weir

The SGC can blur out background in the tapes that will be sent to families.

Comment

Or the families know that their on a mission codenamed 'Atlantis'? Just because its called 'Atlantis' doesn't really give the fact that intergalactical travel and aliens etc. is involed does it?
      Steve Hanmer

Stargate Omega

Comment

precisly could just be on an island Codenamed Atlantis cause its really small and at sea (I like to imagine things)
        Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
        McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Don't think "Atlantis" is too much of a problem...
          But the generator certainly is
          Not to mention what Zelenka said

Comment

Originally posted by elvital
            Don't think "Atlantis" is too much of a problem...
            But the generator certainly is
            Not to mention what Zelenka said
            Atlantis could be explained as the code name of the project they're working on, or the facility they're in. The architecture is certainly unusual for a government facility, but the small glimpses the camera gives are not so "alien" as to raise suspicion.

The generator behind Zelenka stands out a bit more, but there's nothing to indicate what it is. It could be passed off as any number of obscure pieces of lab equipment.

Besides, it's most likely that only the immediate family members will be allowed to watch the videos, and only the one that concerns them. No one who is outside the Stargate program would be getting enough info to determine that their loved ones are involved in something as huge as an expedition to another galaxy.

Except whoever Zelenka was talking to, if they should accidentally let his first take slip out.

a time to mourn

Comment

If a fmily member of yours was on amission called "Project Atlantis", the last thing you would expect of them would be to be in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

IG SGC even let's the families see it. They could deem them too much of a risk, i mean how would anyone from Atlantis know?

Comment

The SGC would certainly look at the messages before letting the families see them. They could also make people sign non-disclosure agreements and such.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Well when people see the tape and they see the Atlantis patches they're not gonna think 'Oh My God!! My son/daughter is on a top secret mission in the lost city of Atlantis in a galaxy far, far away!!!'.

Comment

Working...
                    X