This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will atlantis pay off for us?

sg1 season 7 gave a big build up to atlantis. daniel said it was the jewel of the the ancient civilization it was filled with great technology and weapons. I know it took us a long time to create the 302 fighters build the daedulus and prometheus find the asgard make friends with other races. to me atlantis seems more empty then filled with vast and wonderous technology. will we ever find more ancient weaponery to help us in our war with the wraith. like those tremendous ancient battleships that I heard about . I think it is mentioned in before I sleep. Hopefully maybe we will find some of those ships in atlantis or some offworld site

Their is loads of things in Atlantis that they havn't discovered it, i don't remember the numbers but they said they hadn't even explored most of atlanits.

and most thing they havn't been able to turn on because they were saving power. Once they have a ZPM they will be able to explor further and turn everything on. Once everything is on they can get down to reading all the Ancient database and finding out where the ancients left all they "uber" stuff.

So far atlantis has been about ATLANTIS, just wait till i think season 2/3 till they start exploring and doing regular offworld missions to find out about the universe and what exactly happend to the ancients/wraith.

Comment

will we ever find more ancient weaponery to help us in our war with the wraith. like those tremendous ancient battleships that I heard about .
      Remember, Atlantis itself is a ship, maybe they will fly it back to earth someday

Comment

Spoiler For Before I Sleep:
        Spoiler:
        Remember that the big Ancient ships shown in Before I Sleep were attacked and destroyed before they got to safety and Atlantis, if we see one it'll probably be a lost one or a downed one.
        Last edited by Markey2; 18 February 2005, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Markey2
          Spoiler For Before I Sleep:
          [Spoilers] Remember that the big Ancient ships shown in Before I Sleep were attacked and destroyed before they got to safety and Atlantis, if we see one it'll probably be a lost one or a downed one.
          But still thats just the last battle at atlantis for the Lanteans, think how vast the pegasus galaxy is and how many cut of worlds hid weapons and ships from the wraith, maybe over the "100 year wraith atlantis war" dozens of plans were made like the atlantis one where they hide their stuff for if they were to return.

Comment

Also dont forget the ancient data base, ther emight not be alot of tech righ in front of you but there is all the info there.
            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Well... No.. It wont pay off for Earth Atleast.. Well maybe.. We might find the cure to the common cold,If ancients had colds. We may find lots of things we can dumb down, and use in the SGC maybe Ancient P90's or something.

Atlantis is very far advanced, and once we get stuff working and Daniel is there then we will ahve no problem killing Wraith. All We need is a Keg, A few p90's Daniel, Jack, Teal'c, Carter, Jacob, Hammond, maybe soem Bratec, Thor, Sheppard, Ford, And Mckay, and we have the Elite Fighting Force of the Universe. Give them a ship in the Shape of DonDeluise and BAM ownership of the Galaxy, noone can stand up to them.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Baun
                But still thats just the last battle at atlantis for the Lanteans, think how vast the pegasus galaxy is and how many cut of worlds hid weapons and ships from the wraith, maybe over the "100 year wraith atlantis war" dozens of plans were made like the atlantis one where they hide their stuff for if they were to return.
                I think they said those were the last three ships, didn't they? If they had more they could have kept fighting....
                Still, even a wreck would be very usefull.
                I especially agree with Steam that the database must consider a hell of a lot of things - basically all the knowledge the ancients had so there's something that'll be usefull.
                The main problem is power - if they don't get a ZPM there's no way to power all the cool stuff the ancients left behind.

Comment

they most probably were the last ships defending atlantis, put it this way.

The Lanteans had a fail safe plan of sinking the city with the shield so know one could find it except for those who know how to get their. Think how many other planets inhabited by Ancients had fail safe plans so they could one day come back and conitnue in that galaxy.

Comment

the ZPM will make atlantis so much more open to the discovery of new tech, ship and weapons. spoilers* in the brotherhood makay said that when he got back with the ZPM hes gunna turn the REAL atlantis on and run every system on full power.* hinting that they havent even scratched the surface of atlantis. with a ZPM for all we know the atlantis database will tell us how to do loads of cool stuff, power saving devices/ new ZPM's, activate the shields, be able to make new droves/ship/ anything, dial earth and have daneil translate the database, set up a long range intergalatic communication system with audio and visual back to earth( via the asguard)! who know get atlantis up and running with 3 full ZPM's and the possibility are ENDless.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

But i can most probably Guarentee that the ZPM wont be fully functional when the team from earth get their, why ? because what is the point in a spin off if they can get to earth at any time, if Daniel can get to Atlantis at any time their is just more excitement when they have a real predicament of not being able to get back to earth. But that ebing said if they did have the ZPM it would be to easy to get all the information and Tech they needed, maybe the ZPM will be less functional and only give them part of the power they need to se where other ZPM's are and so-on.

Comment

what im thinking is why doesnt danienl make an ancient dictionary and send it along with the deadalus
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

I've read alot of interviews with the actors and others behind the scenes. They won't give us ant full ideas but one thing I came away with from the various people was that Atlantis was greater then anyone imagined and over the next seasons was going to come of its' full power. Anything the Ancients have build could very well help Earth as well as the Pegasus galaxy. The information from the city will be shared with Earth, not just keep for Pegasus. The whole idea of going there was to see what they could find to help in the Milky way galaxy. They had no idea the Wraith were there so it was a mission to help Earth.
                          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                          Individuality is freedom lived.
                          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

hmm what could be bigger than a whole new galaxy ?

lol

Comment

I don't think we've even scratched the surface where Atlantis is concerned...
                              Spoiler:
                              In The Seige, Zelenka informs Weir that they will only be able to take with them less than 10% of the ancient database.

This first season has largely been about combating the Wraith threat and apart from the pilot, Hot Zone and Before I Sleep, there hasn't been much in the way of exploration in the city itself. I realise that there has been a lot of talk about going off-world, and while I can see the need to do that because of the persistent need for ZPMs, it is vital for us to see more of Atlantis itself and discover its "higher cosmic purpose" that we've heard so much about. It's not as if the team has exhaustively investigated the city, which mind you, has been deliberately compared to Manhattan. Obviously this is meant to highlight to us the numerous possibilities that Atlantis holds for exploration. As far as I'm concerned that potential is still largely untapped.

While I can see the obvious crossing over between the two shows, I'm not overly enthusiastic about having people from SG-1 becoming a dominant feature of Atlantis. The Atlantis expedition is an INTERNATIONAL expedition and I think it is important to belabour that point. I don't want to see Atlantis become another SG-1 (not because I don't like SG-1) but because the ethos of this team/show/arc is quite different. As much as I like Hammond, the Asgard and members of SG-1, I think Atlantis needs to develop its own dynamic. It has already hinted at some degree of an international flavour but it definitely needs to go further with that. What I'm saying here is that Atlantis needs to be of benefit to the world not just to the SGC. There must a whole multitude of ways to use the 40 something plus people in the expedition apart from killing them off one by one.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X