This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Quotes In Your Daily Life

I just scolded one of my fellow co-workers with "You ended that sentence with a preposition!"

She gave me a blank stare.

Then it got me wondering - what Stargate quotes do YOU use in your daily life?

Indeed!

My husband I both say that a lot! I am sure I will think of more.. although sadly, we seem to quote Spongebob Squarepants more than anyone in my household..
    Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

I think "For crying out loud!" is my most-used quote. You gotta love Jack. As much as I like "Holy Hannah," I just can't bring myself to say it off of the top of my head. There's also the ever-present "Sweet," which actually can be used in everyday life without people turning their heads to much.

I do use "Indeed" occasionally.

Comment

I say FCOL a lot! And Kree has managed to slip into my vocabulary recently - I get a lot of odd looks....

I use "Oh there's not a chance in hell" quite a bit too.

Comment

3 Quotes i once used.

- "I don't think so, Bucko"
          - "Yasureyoubetcha"
          - "You're an idiot every day of the week, why don't you take a day off for once"

Or something like that
          Teal'c: A serpent guard, a horus guard and a setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The horus guards beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
            And Kree has managed to slip into my vocabulary recently - I get a lot of odd looks....
            That reminded me that the hubby told me that he did yell "Jaffa Kree!" to some of his trainees recently.. of course NONE of them got it..
            Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

"Ya think?" has made it into my daily rotation. Although it's not too out of the ordinary, so no one thinks twice. In exasperation I did yell 'kree!' at my dog once, but he continued to chew my shoe anyway.

deb

Comment

I've got to go with the "Ya think?" as well. And I've spread it - my co-worker doesn't watch the show, but I've noticed she uses "Ya think?" alot more than "Duh" like she used to.

But I also have to admit to an occasional yasureyoubetcha.

Comment

For crying out loud and Indeed, nut normal people use them as well so...
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

My dog know's 'kree' better than 'heal'

FCOL, "Ya Think", "As long as there's a snowball's chance in hell"

Both me and my girlfriend speak Goa'uld! How cool is that?!

Comment

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."
                      Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Personally, my most used would probably be Jack's frequent 'ah' when he hears something he doesn't want to But usually I like to think of a quote for any situation. Conversation between me and my brother consists of more quotes from stargate that original sentences.

Baal

Comment

I use for crying out loud...and I'm trying to teach my cat to look up when I say kree...Dad thinks I'm nuts of course

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I personally use "Shol'va" alot. Personaly I think they need to make an ABC's book to the Goa'uld, that way after being pulled over by a cop, you could insult them for hours and they'd never realize it!!!
                            I design ships for one reason: To make everyone in the universe to run in fear at the very mention of its name.

Comment

This thread is better than a group therapy session. I was certain that I was the only one who spoke Goa'uld to my dog. But now I can admit freely, "My name is Pete and I say 'Kree' to my dog." Ahh, I feel much better now.

I also admit to using "sweet" and FCOL a lot. "Jaffa" has also replaced "dude" as a casual greeting.
                              There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X