PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

DigiFluid
December 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
So as we learned a little while back, several series of TV shows are coming to Netflix to be part of the MCU.

The second such series will be Jessica Jones (sometimes called "AKA Jessica Jones" depending on the source).

The big news today? Reportedly (http://io9.com/krysten-ritter-will-play-marvels-superpowered-detective-1666926783), the character will be played be Krysten Ritter! You might recognize her from Breaking Bad (Jesse's ill-fated girlfriend Jane) or the sitcom Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23.

DigiFluid
December 5th, 2014, 02:46 PM
CONFIRMED: Marvel has confirmed yesterday's news (http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krysten_ritter_to_star_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones), Krysten Ritter will be portraying Jessica Jones in the upcoming Netflix series.

It's also been clarified that the show's official title is Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, and that it will be premiering sometime in 2015!

DigiFluid
December 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
Aaand as was previously rumoured, Mike Colter has indeed been cast as Luke Cage for that series. He will also appear in the Jessica Jones series, as co-star to Ritter's Jones.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23866/mike_colter_to_star_as_luke_cage_in_marvels_aka_jessica_jones

DigiFluid
January 26th, 2015, 09:38 AM
David Tennant joins AKA Jessica Jones as the series villain, Killgrave.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/902256

Teddybrown
January 26th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Ooo, interesting. Another reason to check this out...

Teddybrown
January 29th, 2015, 12:18 PM
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/rachael-taylor-marvel-aka-jessica-jones-netflix-trish-walker-1201418608/
Rachael Taylor cast as Trish Walker

DigiFluid
January 31st, 2015, 11:52 AM
^ Cool!

I am really looking forward to these Netflix series!

DigiFluid
July 11th, 2015, 04:06 PM
First look at Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (http://www.slashfilm.com/jessica-jones-first-look-luke-cage/)

DigiFluid
July 22nd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Jessica Jones creator Brian Michael Bendis on what fans can expect from Netflix series (http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-22/jessica-jones-creator-brian-michael-bendis-what-fans-can-expect-netflix-series)

We’re still geeking out over Marvel’s Daredevil, but it sounds like the next Netflix series could be just as good — at least according to the guy who created the hero it’s based on.

Brian Michael Bendis, who created the superhero-turned-private eye Jessica Jones back in 2001, has been keeping close tabs on the TV development process. With a few episodes in the can, Bendis has had the opportunity to check them out and couldn’t be happier with the finished product.

While he doesn’t have a very hands-on role in the series, the comic writer said it’s extremely faithful to the comic canon (much like Daredevil) and is turning out exactly as he’d hoped. It also sounds like Krysten Ritter is a good fit for Jessica, and Bendis couldn’t stop talking about how great Michael Colter looks as Luke Cage. So, good things down the line when his show starts filming (hopefully).

Here’s an excerpt from what Bendis posted on his personal Tumblr:

“The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because i didn’t work on it directly i can say this with full no ego fanfare: i loved it!!

and believe me, i was going to be the hardest on it. harder than any of you.

jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad jessica jones show would have hurt me deeply.

BUT it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. the mean streets of marvel netflix from a different perspective than matt’s but at the same time… it all fits. just like the comics on their best day. and just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin’ noir but with its own palette.

i did not work on the show because I’m working on Powers, and I can’t be everywhere, and also the show was ALWAYS in very very very good hands. I had read the very first drafts of Melissa Rosenberg’s pilot when it was at ABC and i was so flattered by her faithfulness and just getting why we made the book in the first place. i met with the assembled writer’s room and had the surreal experience of finally being in a room where i knew the answers to people’s question.

krysten ritter is soooo good. and michael colter. wait until you see michael colter. the casting of luke cage, in my opinion, and have said this to everyone behind the scenes, is as strong and spot on as the casting of tony stark. its probably the hardest to cast and they got it. perfect."

Jessica Jones is tentatively set to debut on Netflix this fall/winter.

garhkal
July 22nd, 2015, 10:21 PM
I have never even heard of Jessica Jones (or AKA jessica jones) in all my time collecting marvel comics.. Who the heck is she?

DigiFluid
July 23rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
She's relatively new -- made her debut in 2001.

She's been (at various times) a superhero in her own right, a retired superhero (after a traumatic experience) working as a PI, one of the New Avengers, one of the Mighty Avengers, involved with the original Civil War storyline, and a few others. She's also married to Luke Cage.

garhkal
July 23rd, 2015, 09:17 PM
No wonder i know not who the heck she is..

DigiFluid
September 10th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Marvel unveils first teaser clip, premiere date for Jessica Jones (http://www.blastr.com/2015-9-10/marvel-unveils-first-teaser-clip-premiere-date-jessica-jones)

We knew we’d see Marvel’s Jessica Jones series by the end of the year, and now we finally know when it’ll drop on Netflix.

Jessica Jones will premiere in full November 20 on the streaming service, with the entire 13-episode season available immediately. The studio will follow the same binge-watching approach that made Daredevil such a cultural phenomenon earlier this year. Along with the premiere date, Netflix also unveiled the first teaser clip for the series. It doesn’t feature any footage, but does give us a fleeting glimpse of Alias Investigations and the streets of New York.

The series will follow Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), who starts up a career as a private detective after a tragic ending cuts her super hero career short. We'll track Jones as she attempts to rebuild her personal life and career, all the while getting pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Again, we don’t get any footage here, but it’s easy to sense how Marvel is positioning this project within the universe pioneered by Daredevil, but with a vibe all its own.

Along with Ritter, Jessica Jones stars David Tennant as Kilgrave, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Rachael Taylor as Patricia “Trish” Walker, and Matrix alum Carrie-Anne Moss. The series is executive produced by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter) and Liz Friedman (Elementary), along with Marvel’s TV chief Jeph Loeb (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

https://youtu.be/ywZE-NEJ2Ik

Teddybrown
September 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM
https://youtu.be/eQ3s178GW0Q

New teaser.

aretood2
September 27th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Marvel unveils first teaser clip, premiere date for Jessica Jones (http://www.blastr.com/2015-9-10/marvel-unveils-first-teaser-clip-premiere-date-jessica-jones)

We knew we’d see Marvel’s Jessica Jones series by the end of the year, and now we finally know when it’ll drop on Netflix.

Jessica Jones will premiere in full November 20 on the streaming service, with the entire 13-episode season available immediately. The studio will follow the same binge-watching approach that made Daredevil such a cultural phenomenon earlier this year. Along with the premiere date, Netflix also unveiled the first teaser clip for the series. It doesn’t feature any footage, but does give us a fleeting glimpse of Alias Investigations and the streets of New York.

The series will follow Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), who starts up a career as a private detective after a tragic ending cuts her super hero career short. We'll track Jones as she attempts to rebuild her personal life and career, all the while getting pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Again, we don’t get any footage here, but it’s easy to sense how Marvel is positioning this project within the universe pioneered by Daredevil, but with a vibe all its own.

Along with Ritter, Jessica Jones stars David Tennant as Kilgrave, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Rachael Taylor as Patricia “Trish” Walker, and Matrix alum Carrie-Anne Moss. The series is executive produced by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter) and Liz Friedman (Elementary), along with Marvel’s TV chief Jeph Loeb (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

https://youtu.be/ywZE-NEJ2Ik

But I want it now!!!! I did rather enjoy Daredevil

Archaeis
September 30th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Well, we've got inhumans popping up with powers now, but it seems like she's had hers for a while. Think she's a pre-fish pill Inhuman or something else entirely?

aretood2
September 30th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Maybe she's a natural genetic mut...erm....deviation. Yeah...a deviant.

Archaeis
October 1st, 2015, 01:48 AM
I pointed this out in my post on Absorbing Man as well, because he also had no clear origin.

Not counting pure-technology people like Ant-Man and Iron Man, there have been 3 (maybe 4) ways we have seen actual abilities given to humans in canon so far:

1) Super Soldier Serum - though there have been many variations of it with success to limited degrees, this has been what is responsible for the likes of Captain America, Hulk, Abomination, Red Skull, extremis and centipede soldiers. I suppose you could count Cal in here as well.

2) Technology Accident - These exceptional cases often grant unique abilities directly hinged on the accidents that caused them. Marcus Daniels (Darkforce guy), Scorch, Donnie Gill (Blizzard), David Angar (Cal's screaming henchman).

3) Inhumans - While they all develop unique abilities, there are a very uniform set of circumstances as to how they get them. Inhumans have to be able to touch the Diviner and Terrigen Crystals without harm.

4) Strucker's experiments - Although the exact mechanism is never explained, my guess is it could be another way of triggering the Terrigenesis process (which is why it only worked on 2 related subjects). If not, it's only a possible side effect of the infinity gem. Either way, by the events of Age of Ultron, Pietro and Wanda are said to be the only 2 successful, meaning Creel was not one of them.

Magic is coming, but I don't think they would incorporate that into her series. Aside from Aborbing Man, everyone else has been explained. So, who really knows where her powers come from for now?

DigiFluid
October 1st, 2015, 04:37 AM
Also chemicals - Matt Murdock. Not that magic would be a big deal, considering Doctor Strange is on the rapidly-approaching horizon.

Let's wait and see how the series explains it, yeah?

Archaeis
October 1st, 2015, 09:50 AM
Chemicals enhancing a sense for daredevil is one thing, but giving Jessica has actually powers. No chemical exposure is going to give her flight.

Teddybrown
October 1st, 2015, 10:53 AM
https://youtu.be/Pw7lAFlCSlY

Another teaser.

Teddybrown
October 7th, 2015, 12:57 PM
https://youtu.be/3gax3tMYU4I

Another new teaser

DigiFluid
October 7th, 2015, 05:09 PM
That is a gorgeously shot/lit/coloured teaser. Just beautiful. And Krysten Ritter's...er...gluteal region looks pretty good in those jeans too :D

Teddybrown
October 8th, 2015, 02:44 PM
https://youtu.be/Wi2hbejO75s

Chilling...

Will be interesting seeing Tennant play a villain...

aretood2
October 9th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I hear Jessica Jones is from the much much darker side of Marvel.. Should be interesting.

Teddybrown
October 11th, 2015, 07:20 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/new-york-comic-con-daredevil-831219
Teasing both Jessica Jones and Daredevil Season 2

Teddybrown
October 23rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
https://youtu.be/nWHUjuJ8zxE

First full trailer. This looks awesome!

aretood2
October 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Impressive, most impressive.

VampyreWraith
October 23rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
That does look awesome. I can't wait for the series to come out on Netflix.

DigiFluid
October 23rd, 2015, 10:07 PM
I want this. I really want this. Now.

aretood2
October 25th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Wait...can she get drunk?

DigiFluid
October 25th, 2015, 08:40 PM
She's an alcoholic, so I would assume so.

aretood2
October 26th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I read up on what the purple man did to her...it's just sick.

Teddybrown
November 10th, 2015, 10:20 AM
https://youtu.be/s3UYWK2jeX0

Second trailer.

I wasnt sure on this, only reason I was keeping an eye on it was for Tennant, but now seeing the trailers, I cant wait for this!

aretood2
November 10th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I'm going to enjoy seeing David Tennant as a bad guy. And I am liking how the show looks in the trailer...and the bad explanations for Jessica's abilities.

Archaeis
November 10th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I'm going to enjoy seeing David Tennant as a bad guy. And I am liking how the show looks in the trailer...and the bad explanations for Jessica's abilities.

Have they released an explanation for her powers yet? I haven't seen one.

aretood2
November 10th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Have they released an explanation for her powers yet? I haven't seen one.

No. I meant the excuses Jessica gives to people to explain away why she seems to have strength she ought not to, and be able to handle copious amounts of alcohol that would kill a man twice her weight.

Gen. Chris
November 20th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Five episodes in, and it is pretty damn good.

VampyreWraith
November 20th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I'm also 5 eps in and I really like it so far.

aretood2
November 20th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Two episodes in and I love it :D BTW, it drew inspiration from Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. No wonder the feel/atmosphere of the show felt so...familiar to me.

DigiFluid
November 20th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I seem to be on pace with the rest of you -- I have episode 5 on right now :D

Loving it. Very film noir. Ritter as Jessica and Colter as Luke Cage are perfect casting choices. And Tennant is just bloody terrifying.

Cluas
November 21st, 2015, 02:37 AM
I thought the first episode was a bit meh. Should i give it a chance?

mr_kennedy
November 21st, 2015, 03:44 AM
only 1 episode in, kinda liked it want to see more, that ending tho

Cmdr Sean Coll
November 21st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Hi,
I've been watching this great series and the only negative I've found is that they show the Metlife Building instead of Avengers Tower which was built to replace it.

P-90_177
November 21st, 2015, 03:10 PM
I seem to be on pace with the rest of you -- I have episode 5 on right now :D

Loving it. Very film noir. Ritter as Jessica and Colter as Luke Cage are perfect casting choices. And Tennant is just bloody terrifying.

I know right? The casting is spot on. In particular Ritter and Tennant. Tennant just nails it completely.

aretood2
November 21st, 2015, 06:27 PM
Loving the Noir feel to it. Also, I kinda like how all the Avengers and Shield stuff is so far off that people barely mention it. To be honest, most people don't spend too much time thinking about big international (or even national) issues/events in real life. It kind off helps me ground Agents of Shield and the movies into our reality for me.

DigiFluid
November 21st, 2015, 10:45 PM
Finished it. Loved it. Please renew for Season 2.

mr_kennedy
November 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
Just watched episode 3

When Purple Man, made that police officer jump off the roof, i was like, NOO doctor WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? STAAAHHHPPP!!! :lol:, David Tennant makes a great villain

Im starting to really like it, and think i want a second season already :D, of the announced marvel/netflix tv shows it would be funny if the one that im most excited for (iron fist) was actually the worst of the 4, i didnt expect Jessica Jones or Daredevil to be soo good,

Teddybrown
November 22nd, 2015, 01:47 PM
From what Ive been reading, this series sounds great. Currently trying to persuade my sister to let me borrow her netflix account to watch this...

VampyreWraith
November 22nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
I finished watching it today. I loved it and I also hope it gets a second season.

jelgate
November 22nd, 2015, 04:05 PM
I guess I take a different approach. I prefer to not binge watch and only watch a few episodes a week. I find it better to savor the show over a long period. It makes me enjoy the show more. I watched the pilot this morning and plan to watch the second episode tonight. That's it

aretood2
November 22nd, 2015, 05:41 PM
I guess I take a different approach. I prefer to not binge watch and only watch a few episodes a week. I find it better to savor the show over a long period. It makes me enjoy the show more. I watched the pilot this morning and plan to watch the second episode tonight. That's it

That is a much more intelligent way to go about it. I, however, have watched a few more than 1 episode...

jelgate
November 22nd, 2015, 05:58 PM
That is a much more intelligent way to go about it. I, however, have watched a few more than 1 episode...
I was never expecting anyone to change their viewing habbits just expressing that I like to watch this Marvel Netflix shows differently

Teddybrown
November 23rd, 2015, 01:00 PM
What is the blood/gore level of this series, from the trailers, Im guessing more than Daredevil?

aretood2
November 23rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Actually, I'd say they are comparable and maybe even less blood given that um...well...super powers. That's all I can say.

jelgate
November 23rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
With the episodes I have seen so far their is less blood than Daredevil. I however have noticed a lot more profanity in the show

aretood2
November 24th, 2015, 01:23 PM
With the episodes I have seen so far their is less blood than Daredevil. I however have noticed a lot more profanity in the show

It's a lot more street level than Daredevil. Murdock was fighting a city wide issue and Jessica Jones is doing something much more personal. The Purple man does not concern himself with any master plans beyond his own twisted sadistic desires, unlike Fisk.

DigiFluid
November 24th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Even Fisk wasn't doing anything city-wide, he was just working on Hell's Kitchen.

You're right though, Jessica Jones is far more personal story. Jessica's story now, playing out as a result of Jessica's story before.

DigiFluid
November 24th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Here (http://arstechnica.co.uk/the-multiverse/2015/11/jessica-jones-season-1-reviewed-so-much-more-than-a-superhero-story/) is an excellent breakdown on some of the reasons why this show is so good and so resonant. Obviously, SPOILERS at link.

aretood2
November 24th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I like dark thrillers in general. Tortured characters or characters who get the screws to their heads tightened up real tight. I also like the frankness of the series and that this isn't your usual super hero show. Daredevil (which I really liked) was more traditional in that sense. But Jessica Jones was different enough to stand out. And the Character driven story also helps too, much like it did for Daredevil.

Teddybrown
November 25th, 2015, 01:10 PM
So its more dark than bloody, I picked up on that tbh in the trailers.

I look forward to watching this series eventually...

DigiFluid
November 25th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Oh, most definitely. Even if the show had no violence at all, its stories and themes are dark enough that it would almost certainly earn an R/TV-MA/"mature" rating anyway.

aretood2
November 26th, 2015, 06:59 AM
To be honest, the Sex scenes are no worse than what comes on a Telenovela at 8PM. The only difference is that they lack the "romantic passion" of a soap opera. Candles, slow movements, over dramatic scenery. Honestly, I don't see anything R rated in Jessica Jones. Certainly not PG. Which makes me wonder, how can Univision and Telemundo get away with that stuff?

Teddybrown
November 26th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Yay, it appears Netflix want to give me a free trail, Ill happily take that to watch Jessica Jones this weekend...

Archaeis
November 26th, 2015, 08:03 PM
To be honest, the Sex scenes are no worse than what comes on a Telenovela at 8PM. The only difference is that they lack the "romantic passion" of a soap opera. Candles, slow movements, over dramatic scenery. Honestly, I don't see anything R rated in Jessica Jones. Certainly not PG. Which makes me wonder, how can Univision and Telemundo get away with that stuff?

You're right, but there are mentions of a LOT darker motives and actions.

aretood2
November 27th, 2015, 09:40 AM
You're right, but there are mentions of a LOT darker motives and actions.

Dark motives and themes making it R rated says a lot about the quality of the show. Doesn't need gratuitous nudity, sex, or violence to make it adult.

DigiFluid
November 27th, 2015, 04:35 PM
^ That is what I was getting at when I said earlier that even with no gore, the show would still rank an R (or TV-MA, depending on where you are).

aretood2
November 27th, 2015, 05:47 PM
So I remember a scene where Jessica placed the date of the "bus accident" into a computer at a hospital, it was January 2015. I forgot how long it was between that and episode 1...I kinda want to know when this show and Daredevil are supposed to take place....

DigiFluid
November 27th, 2015, 06:01 PM
So I remember a scene where Jessica placed the date of the "bus accident" into a computer at a hospital, it was January 2015. I forgot how long it was between that and episode 1...I kinda want to know when this show and Daredevil are supposed to take place....

It's not solidly nailed down. The date of the bus accident was Jan 20 2014, and the firmest dating we get for current events is that that happened 'like a year ago.'

Factoring in:
- the Jan 20 2014 date being approximately a year prior
- the first few episodes of JJ had snow on the ground
- while the later ones featured people outside comfortably in longsleeve shirts
- Josie's Bar in Daredevil had been owned by her since at least 2010
- Luke's bar in JJ is the same bar as Josie's, meaning he has taken over since we last saw it in Daredevil
- certain references in episode 13 referring to Daredevil
- references to the Battle of New York (Avengers 1)
- 0 mentions of Sokovia, or the Sokovia Accords (Avengers 2 / Civil War)

I'm placing JJ season 1 in the late winter/early spring of 2015, closely following or else immediately after Daredevil season 1. Admittedly it's not completely clear, but it's the best I can come up with on the information we have.

One of the 'guides' in my sig is how I've interpreted the timeline of events in the MCU to date. (Hover mouse over many of the cells in the episode title column to see which part of that episode/film it's referring to)

aretood2
November 27th, 2015, 06:48 PM
It's not solidly nailed down. The date of the bus accident was Jan 20 2014, and the firmest dating we get for current events is that that happened 'like a year ago.'

Factoring in:
- the Jan 20 2014 date being approximately a year prior
- the first few episodes of JJ had snow on the ground
- while the later ones featured people outside comfortably in longsleeve shirts
- Josie's Bar in Daredevil had been owned by her since at least 2010
- Luke's bar in JJ is the same bar as Josie's, meaning he has taken over since we last saw it in Daredevil
- certain references in episode 13 referring to Daredevil
- references to the Battle of New York (Avengers 1)
- 0 mentions of Sokovia, or the Sokovia Accords (Avengers 2 / Civil War)

I'm placing JJ season 1 in the late winter/early spring of 2015, closely following or else immediately after Daredevil season 1. Admittedly it's not completely clear, but it's the best I can come up with on the information we have.

One of the 'guides' in my sig is how I've interpreted the timeline of events in the MCU to date. (Hover mouse over many of the cells in the episode title column to see which part of that episode/film it's referring to)

OK now I remember, yeah the date said 2014, I guessed the setting to be early 2015. Probably closer to spring given the weather change. Before Sokovia and Ant-Man and during or before the Inhuman fish pill outbreak. All of that was in my mind but I wasn't sure. And um....did you work alone on your spread sheet?

DigiFluid
November 28th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Yup ;)

It's really not as much work as it looks like. Taking 30s to add a row here or there when a scene happens in a 42 minute episode / 2h movie, mostly it's just fill-in-the-blanks, once the table is in place :)

aretood2
November 28th, 2015, 08:40 AM
I don't like making spread sheets >.>

I read somewhere that there is a newspaper in episode 8 of Daredevil with a date in September...Can't remember where exactly.

linux geek
November 30th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I've just watching episode 3 in the just watch one more mode now

aretood2
November 30th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I've just watching episode 3 in the just watch one more mode now

You must resist! The faster you watch, the stronger the showhole gets.

Ian-S
December 1st, 2015, 08:39 AM
I feel dirty, like I've cheated at a game or something watching an entire series inside a week is a bit different to once a wee for 3 months), watched two or three episodes a night and got through it in a few days, quiet good, especially the doctor playing evil, felt very bookended though, as if this is the one series that won't get a second go.

Nice to see Marvel a bit less kid-like though.

About the policeman (spoilers for about ep10+)
wonder who he works for, hydra?

Archaeis
December 1st, 2015, 09:34 PM
I'd hope not. They can't keep bringing Hydra back as a source for every single earth-based villain.

mr_kennedy
December 2nd, 2015, 12:43 PM
Fininshed now and i gotta say...... I LOVED JESSICA JONES!!! maybe even abit more than Daredevil

Want season 2 now

Ian-S
December 4th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I'd hope not. They can't keep bringing Hydra back as a source for every single earth-based villain.

Best tell the shield writers that then lol

Teddybrown
December 6th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Up to episode 4 now, enjoying it.

Teddybrown
December 7th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Finished it, bloody good series!

rkgardner2003
December 10th, 2015, 04:16 AM
Only 2 more episodes, can't wait to finish up tonight!

rkgardner2003
December 11th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Finished the series last night , loved it!

jelgate
December 28th, 2015, 02:39 PM
After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times

Gen. Chris
December 28th, 2015, 06:11 PM
After watching the whole thing I think I liked Daredevil better. It was not a bad show but I found Jessica Jones get repetitive and lost direction a few times

Basically. I still think both seasons could have been trimmed by three episodes worth of content.

But hey, they are still good. I too like Daredevil more...it really spoiled us on fighting scenes.

aretood2
December 29th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Daredevil is a more traditional hero. He has a heart of gold and a conscious the size of the city itself.

Flyboy
December 30th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Bloody loved this. One of my favourite Marvel offerings yet!

blueray
December 31st, 2015, 12:58 PM
I just watched the pilot since I heard it was similar to Daredevil. Which I loved!

And honestly I didn't really like it that much. This show might be just dark for me (especially ending damn). I think it was because Daredevil had more of a mafia feel to it, so most of the people that get beat up deserve it lol. And there is a good balance between that and non-dark scenes, even some comical scenes. Also Matt has and I assume will continue to have a life outside of being Daredevil Jessica sort of just is herself no matter what she is doing.

This episode, I totally got a Veronica Mars feel. Which isn't a bad thing, since I liked that show. The writing was very good, as was the acting. And there was clearly a personal story, that was going to be in your face the whole time. I liked the stuff with Luke, who looked like Mack from Agents of Shield, but maybe that was just me.

I think some of what be influencing my opinion is the fact is that I hate mind control stories. I for some reason can't stand when a character isn't in control of themselves. And obviously that is going to be a recurring theme with this show. Also the whole thing with him controlling people, is almost two real. As a social worker, I have heard horrible stories about human trafficking, which they are betraying here. I do like that it deals with real issues, but sometimes it is good to have an escape from it. Daredevil provide both ;).

I'm not sure if I will continue watching the rest of the show. I know I can't judge it fairly after one episode. But I'm not sure if I'll enjoy watching it.

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Jessica Jones renewed for season 2 (http://tvline.com/2016/01/17/jessica-jones-renewed-season-2-netflix/)

jelgate
January 17th, 2016, 08:12 AM
A move that surprises no one:P

aretood2
January 17th, 2016, 09:26 AM
It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.

VampyreWraith
January 17th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Yay! I'm glad it's getting a second season. :)

jelgate
January 17th, 2016, 10:34 AM
It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.

I think Defenders is only suppose to be a miniseries

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2016, 12:11 PM

Daredevil S2 is already done, with it premiering in March. Luke Cage S1 has already been filming for some time (they might even already be done, I'm not sure), and if they follow 2015's scheduling we'll see that in November. With Iron Fist apparently having some difficulties getting started, I bet we see JJ S2 before we even see Iron Fist, much less Defenders.

Plus now there's buzz of a Punisher standalone series as well.

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Wild speculation:

04/2015: Daredevil S1
11/2015: Jessica Jones S1

03/2016: Daredevil S2
11/2016: Luke Cage S1

03/2017: Punisher S1
07/2017: Daredevil S3
11/2017: Jessica Jones S2

03/2018: Luke Cage S2 / Daredevil S4 (depending if either get renewed this far)
07/2018: Punisher S2
11/2018: Iron Fist S1

03/2019: Jessica Jones S3 / Luke Cage S3 (depending if either get renewed this far)
07/2019: Daredevil S5 (depending on renewal)
11/2019: Defenders

aretood2
January 17th, 2016, 01:05 PM
You really think they'll group up so many seasons in one year like that?

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I think 3 a year isn't unreasonable. But I would be surprised if it was more than that.

aretood2
January 17th, 2016, 01:12 PM
What would be Netflix's capacity? I mean they do have other shows. Does it compare to that of a TV channel or network?

DigiFluid
January 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Netflix keeps pretty mum about a lot of stuff...show productions tend not to be announced until they decide to, budgets are rarely (if ever) discussed openly, and they don't release viewing figures at all.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows they currently have 10 live-action in-house shows in production at various stages (note that this does not count Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Defenders/Punisher). But two of those are half-hour series, and not one of them is more than 13 episodes per season (most are 10, a few 13, a handful 8).

We should also probably take note that Netflix has recently declined to renew (pay for) a couple of film studios' rights, because they wanted to put more funding into producing original series.

How does that stack up against the big networks? Well, figure that they (the big networks) probably have original programming on 3-5 nights a week, probably between 1 and 2 hour-long series, which will air 20-odd episodes each. And then they also do summer programming, which tends to be reality TV. With that weak math, it looks like Netflix is probably still putting out a lot less content than the big networks.

But at a glance, it looks like they're growing fast and planning to continue to grow.

Linda06
December 3rd, 2016, 02:33 AM
I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?

DigiFluid
December 4th, 2016, 05:42 AM
I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?

Looks like it, unfortunately. They've already announced that 2017's releases will be Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher. That's already one more Marvel show than they usually do in a year, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made it up to four in one year. Pleasantly, but surprised just the same.

Linda06
December 4th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Looks like it, unfortunately. They've already announced that 2017's releases will be Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher. That's already one more Marvel show than they usually do in a year, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made it up to four in one year. Pleasantly, but surprised just the same.

Pity we have to wait that long. Didn't I read somewhere that Jessica Jones would be in defenders?

DigiFluid
December 4th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Pity we have to wait that long. Didn't I read somewhere that Jessica Jones would be in defenders?

Yep! So far the announced cast of returning characters in The Defenders is:
- Jessica Jones
- Luke Cage
- Daredevil/Matt Murdock
- Iron Fist/Danny Rand
- Karen Page (Daredevil)
- Foggy Nelson (Daredevil)
- Stick (Daredevil)
- Elektra (Daredevil)
- Trish Walker (Jessica Jones)
- Jeri Hogarth (Jessica Jones)
- Malcolm (Jessica Jones)
- Misty Knight (Luke Cage)
- Colleen Wing (Iron Fist)
- Claire Temple (every Marvel Netflix show)

Linda06
December 5th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Yep! So far the announced cast of returning characters in The Defenders is:
- Jessica Jones
- Luke Cage
- Daredevil/Matt Murdock
- Iron Fist/Danny Rand
- Karen Page (Daredevil)
- Foggy Nelson (Daredevil)
- Stick (Daredevil)
- Elektra (Daredevil)
- Trish Walker (Jessica Jones)
- Jeri Hogarth (Jessica Jones)
- Malcolm (Jessica Jones)
- Misty Knight (Luke Cage)
- Colleen Wing (Iron Fist)
- Claire Temple (every Marvel Netflix show)

Sounds like an awesome line-up

Donsta
January 17th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I don't want to wait any longer. I'm Jonesin' for some Jessica.

Teddybrown
August 14th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Not sure if this is a spoiler for season 2 so going to tag it

http://cultfix.co.uk/jessica-jones-david-tennant-back-for-season-2-32619.htm
Kilgrave back for season 2!

jelgate
August 14th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Must be flashbacks since she killed him in the finale.

DigiFluid
August 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I really hope that's the case.

It would really undercut the conclusion of Season 1 if it turns out he isn't dead.

aretood2
August 20th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I really hope that's the case.

It would really undercut the conclusion of Season 1 if it turns out he isn't dead.

It would make me salty about it.

P-90_177
August 21st, 2017, 10:28 AM
I;m betting flashbacks. We know that Killgrave has had a deep impact on Jones and we still haven't seen much of their time together. If it isn't Flashbacks then maybe nightmares.

Teddybrown
December 10th, 2017, 03:18 AM
https://youtu.be/QK_iX5cPDhE

Season 2 release date revealed!

DigiFluid
December 10th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Hooray!

DigiFluid
February 7th, 2018, 09:43 AM
New season 2 trailer!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

aretood2
February 7th, 2018, 10:17 AM
And still rocking the same outfit :P

Teddybrown
March 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Anyone watched season 2, thoughts?

DigiFluid
March 14th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I liked it, but not as much as season 1. A lot of reviewers seemed to be lamenting David Tennant’s absence, but I think they’re missing the mark there. Rather,

(spoilers for all of season 2)
I think the season was significantly dragged down because the actress playing Jessica’s mother was about as compelling as drying paint. Given how pivotal the character was to the season’s storyline, this was a critical casting misfire that made the whole season less.

I also think it was a mistake to just kill off Simpson like that. I understand that the idea, narratively, was to show that the stakes had been raised. But from where I was sitting, it felt like just a huge opportunity to squander.

One of the really bright spots of the season for me was having Callum Keith Rennie in it for a number of episodes. I buy that guy in every role he plays, and here my only wish is that they’d had him on the show for a bit longer.

I absolutely adored Malcolm in this season, and Jeri’s story was beautifully written and acted—just heartbreaking.

Oh, and I can’t wait to see what they do with Hellcat (if it gets a third season).

Teddybrown
March 15th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I liked it, but not as much as season 1. A lot of reviewers seemed to be lamenting David Tennant’s absence, but I think they’re missing the mark there. Rather,

(spoilers for all of season 2)
I think the season was significantly dragged down because the actress playing Jessica’s mother was about as compelling as drying paint. Given how pivotal the character was to the season’s storyline, this was a critical casting misfire that made the whole season less.

I also think it was a mistake to just kill off Simpson like that. I understand that the idea, narratively, was to show that the stakes had been raised. But from where I was sitting, it felt like just a huge opportunity to squander.

One of the really bright spots of the season for me was having Callum Keith Rennie in it for a number of episodes. I buy that guy in every role he plays, and here my only wish is that they’d had him on the show for a bit longer.

I absolutely adored Malcolm in this season, and Jeri’s story was beautifully written and acted—just heartbreaking.

Oh, and I can’t wait to see what they do with Hellcat (if it gets a third season).

I agree with you on pretty much everything.

I got kinda fed up with the mum storyline. Must admit Im one of the people lamenting Kilgraves absence, apart from his fun cameo. Made me realise how good a villain he was.

Also got a bit fed up with Trish, hope shes less annoying in season 3

I enjoyed the series as a whole though.

aretood2
March 18th, 2018, 01:21 PM
I was focused more on Jessica as I watched, and for that I really liked it because I really like her as a character. I found it to be pretty good season. It did miss a focused villain or a season spanding goal to tie everything together. That's the only thing I would say that the first season did better. I really liked the part where Jessica and her mom are on the ferris wheel...and I really hated Trish towards the end. I can certainly see now why they grew apart so much. Both Jessica and Trish are a lot like their mothers, but also different. I liked how that played out too. I can see that this was a lot more character focused as opposed to an overarching plot.

Ian-S
March 27th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Finally finished it last night so can click the spoilers now, very much agree with all the above, the second series was very different to the first, but still good just a different way.

Took me quiet a while to figure out who the killer was, which for me is good because I hate being able to work out the plot episodes in advance, although I didn't see Trish's contribution at all and she's become very unlike able as this series went on.

VampyreWraith
March 31st, 2018, 03:31 PM
My thoughts on season 2

I preferred the first season to the second season. I didn't dislike it, I love Jessica as a character, but I didn't really care much for the whole Jessica's mom thing and the season pretty much revolved around that. I guess I missed Killgrave mainly because I found him way more interesting than Jessica's mom and her whole story (if I had liked Alisa better I probably wouldn't have missed Killgrave as much).

I also felt like they killed Simpson off way too early, it really did seem like a waste of the character, since he barely did anything. He was basically just used so that Trish could get that inhaler and further her "I wanna be a superhero too" storyline.

Trish grew to be beyond annoying during this season. I hate that she got powers at the end because it just felt like she got rewarded for being an entitled, jealous user. If the show gets another season, I hope there's a serious downside to her powers or that she ends up villain or something, because I can't stand her right now.

aretood2
April 6th, 2018, 05:46 PM
My thoughts on season 2

I preferred the first season to the second season. I didn't dislike it, I love Jessica as a character, but I didn't really care much for the whole Jessica's mom thing and the season pretty much revolved around that. I guess I missed Killgrave mainly because I found him way more interesting than Jessica's mom and her whole story (if I had liked Alisa better I probably wouldn't have missed Killgrave as much).

I also felt like they killed Simpson off way too early, it really did seem like a waste of the character, since he barely did anything. He was basically just used so that Trish could get that inhaler and further her "I wanna be a superhero too" storyline.

Trish grew to be beyond annoying during this season. I hate that she got powers at the end because it just felt like she got rewarded for being an entitled, jealous user. If the show gets another season, I hope there's a serious downside to her powers or that she ends up villain or something, because I can't stand her right now.

Part of me wanted Jessica to break a few of Trish's bones in a fit of righteous rage, you know, thrash her around to the edge of death. But then that wouldn't have been very Jessica-like so I got over that...But still...

DigiFluid
April 13th, 2018, 02:05 AM
Jessica Jones will return for a third season. (https://news.marvel.com/tv/87535/marvels-jessica-jones-renewed-for-season-3/)

VampyreWraith
April 17th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Jessica Jones will return for a third season. (https://news.marvel.com/tv/87535/marvels-jessica-jones-renewed-for-season-3/)

Yay! I'm glad it's getting another season.

Part of me wanted Jessica to break a few of Trish's bones in a fit of righteous rage, you know, thrash her around to the edge of death. But then that wouldn't have been very Jessica-like so I got over that...But still...

I know lol, after Trish murdered her mother right in front of her (I know Alisa had to be stopped, but still...), I was kind of hoping that Jessica would momentarily lose control and put Trish back in the hospital.

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Netflix cancels Jessica Jones and The Punisher (https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/18/netflix-cancels-jessica-jones-marvel/). (Season 2 of JJ will still air)

jelgate
February 18th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Who cares? I've already seen S2 of Jessica Jones

Teddybrown
February 18th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Think thats meant to be season 3

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Yes, Season 3 is what I meant, thank you :p

aretood2
February 20th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Netflix cancels Jessica Jones and The Punisher (https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/18/netflix-cancels-jessica-jones-marvel/). (Season 2 of JJ will still air)

That's disappointing but I saw this coming since they started canceling these shows one by one. At least we'll get one more season (for clarity, I mean a season 4 for Jessica Jones). Though I can't help but feel like they could have still given us at least one more season of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, which are the ones I'd want to see the most.

Chaka-Z0
February 20th, 2019, 12:01 PM
That's disappointing but I saw this coming since they started canceling these shows one by one. At least we'll get one more season (for clarity, I mean a season 4 for Jessica Jones). Though I can't help but feel like they could have still given us at least one more season of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, which are the ones I'd want to see the most.

Agreed.
I do not usually enjoy superhero movies/series much, but Daredevil was one of my favorite show. Probably because there's not much ''super powers'' stuff involved. I was actually about to start JJ but when I saw the whole shabang got cancelled I decided not to.

Teddybrown
February 20th, 2019, 12:14 PM
You should definately watch JJ, season one is excellent and season two is pretty good with season 3 to air this year probably. Hoping it goes out on a high!

Teddybrown
May 30th, 2019, 09:54 AM
https://youtu.be/aFGm_E9UeBE

DigiFluid
May 30th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Can't wait!

Teddybrown
May 30th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Its so soon :D still havent finished the punisher!

DigiFluid
May 30th, 2019, 02:07 PM
I was kinda thinking once it's over, I might do a Netflix MCU (release order) watchthrough. See how it all plays without months and years between seasons.

Teddybrown
May 30th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Yeah, you forget so much!

jelgate
May 31st, 2019, 12:24 PM
Concidentally, im rewatching all of the bMCU including the Netflix shows

aretood2
May 31st, 2019, 01:46 PM
Concidentally, im rewatching all of the bMCU including the Netflix shows

Including fake "boy scout" Ward? :eek: I actually have felt the desire to do that myself.

jelgate
May 31st, 2019, 02:09 PM
Im actually at SHIELD S1 now. The early episodes actually are better now since I know about the plot twist.

I'll need some alcohol when I get to Inhumans

DigiFluid
May 31st, 2019, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure alcohol, pot, or anything else can make Inhumans tolerable. In any future full MCU rewatch I do, I'm skipping it.

aretood2
May 31st, 2019, 04:26 PM
I never actually bothered watching Inhumans.

Gen. Chris
May 31st, 2019, 09:58 PM
I never actually bothered watching Inhumans.

I mean...you're better off for it.

I watched the first 2-3. That was enough.

Teddybrown
June 6th, 2019, 09:41 AM
https://youtu.be/7DBKS2qH51I

DigiFluid
June 6th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Super bummed that it's ending.

I'm curious whether they'll be their own show all the way through, or if the last few seconds of the last episode might be a farewell to the entire Netflix MCU family.

Teddybrown
June 8th, 2019, 01:46 AM
I was thinking that. I would prefer the series to end on its own then have an added on video saying goodbye

aretood2
June 8th, 2019, 06:15 AM
I'd go for it just ending on its own and that being that. There's no need for a goodbye in my opinion. Sometimes things just end.

Teddybrown
June 16th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Anyone watched it yet?

DigiFluid
June 17th, 2019, 06:05 AM
Finished it on Saturday. I enjoyed it. Not as much as Season 1, but a lot more than season 2.

Teddybrown
June 17th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Good to know! I havent managed to start watching it yet unfortunately.

Teddybrown
April 28th, 2020, 11:14 AM
Finally caught this, quite a dark season and didn't end how I was expecting!