Thanos' Nature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanos' Nature

So far we've seen Thanos way out in space. It seem whatever region he’s in has some knowledge of Earth, as they were talking about it at the beginning of Avengers, the Asgardians have portals to it, and the Nova Corp had knowledge of Humans. But, we so far have very little insight as to Thanos’ relationship to Humans or other races, or even if he ever gets out of that floating chair.

In the comic, he is technically a Human, be it a far offshoot, but human nonetheless. He is a member of the Eternals, who were early Humans modified by the Celestials, who then formed their own society. However, in the comics, those Eternals mostly stayed within the Solar System, as far as I know, not nearly as far out as we seem to see him in Guardians of the Galaxy.

With the addition of the Celestials to the distant past of the MCU, their connection to the Infinity Stones, and possibly to Earth, do you think we’ll see the threads leading Thanos as some distant form of Human like he is in the comics, or will he just be some super space baddie?
    sigpic

Most likely the latter. Though i am wondering, why they went with having ultron be the baddie for Avengers 2 with them showing Thantos at the end of Avengers 1..
    Are they going to be spending the time between A2 and 3 building him up more?

Comment

Like he's the 'uber-villain'? The kind that's always the last to die?

I'm guessing it's definitely something to watch out for. The mentions of Thanos have been getting 'bigger' and bigger with each related MCU film.
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
      X