Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gildart Jackson,showing up in season 2 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gildart Jackson,showing up in season 2 ?

so it appears likely we will see gildart jackson appear in another episode of sga, thanks to the season ender of sg1, I think he will appear as an ascended being, I totally hope it doesnt turn out tobe another ascended, fall in love with wier, but gives up ascendence to be with her episode, and then dies, just like the one with samantha

Originally posted by mahram
    so it appears likely we will see gildart jackson appear in another episode of sga, thanks to the season ender of sg1, I think he will appear as an ascended being, I totally hope it doesnt turn out tobe another ascended, fall in love with wier, but gives up ascendence to be with her episode, and then dies, just like the one with samantha
    What?

That doesn't make any sense, there wasn't anything in either SG-1 OR SGA to suggest that he'd be back.

If I'm wrong, please show me how.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
      What?

That doesn't make any sense, there wasn't anything in either SG-1 OR SGA to suggest that he'd be back.

If I'm wrong, please show me how.
      You’re correct I’m not sure he/she means I'm confused
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Gildart Jackson was in the SGA ep Before I Sleep.
        Spoiler:
        He played Janus, the timeship-building Lantean who took OldWeir under his wing and provided for her so that she could ride out the Long Sleep and save Atlantis for NewWeir and the SGA crew.

I'm assuming the fear here is that Janus will reappear as an Ancient/Lantean who has Ascended, but who finds Weir (again, sorta) and falls in love with her and decides to give up Ascension to be with her, much as Orlin did with Sam back in the SG-1 ep Ascension.

I doubt that SGA would echo SG-1 quite that closely. For all we know, it could be a flashback or a hologram or something. Unless Gildart is joining the cast permanently, it'll just be another one-off ep.

And I keep cross-referencing Gildart Jackson with Gilderoy Lockheart and Daniel Jackson and getting a very disturbing offspring... And with both of them being vain... yikes. j/k

Comment

Where exactly does this claim come from about him showing up again?

It'd be cool if he is one of the ascended, but I have incredibly high doubts he'll follow the "Orlin path", and Weir's married anyway.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

she's engaged... unless something happened i nthe last episodes of the season that i have yet to see..

Anyway.. I thought you ment Daniel Jacksons Grandfather. I was like what! He didn't Ascend did he?? I think he got sucked up by those giants...

Well. Jonas comes back he'd probably be the oma of pegasus, bend a few rules. Wier woudl be his jackson.. Anyway that be cool if he'd say a few things, that give a clue to where a few things that may tell how a few things work.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well, let's say he does come back... What makes you guys think he'll be ascended when the obvious way of having him return would be to just have him show up in a time machine?
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                And I keep cross-referencing Gildart Jackson with Gilderoy Lockheart and Daniel Jackson and getting a very disturbing offspring... And with both of them being vain... yikes. j/k
                LOL! now i have that mental image! and it is just wrong. daniel jackson with long long white hair!

Comment

I also get that weird mental image (Danile and Lockhart! rotfl) and then wondered if they were talking about Daniel's grandfather.

But to hear that Janus will be back is nice. Somehow I can't see him sitting back and taking the ascended ones no intereference line.

Whilst I could see him having a thing for Weir (but only a fondness) I wouldn't like them rehashing the Orlin story line.
                  It would be nice to have regardless of it he comes back to help them (maybe Joe's Atlantis exploration ep?), in person or flashbacks or even a recording.

Seeing some more of his experiments might be cool - what else did our cheeky scientist make that he wasn't supposed to, ey?

I look forward to him appearing, though I'm now wondering where this snippet of info comes from? Not on gateworld season 2 page at very least.

Comment

It's nowhere that I can find, which is why I'm curious too.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

if he were to return he would return as an Ascended being.

Theres a reason why the second jumper was left on the other planet... But wait.. The jumper bay in Atlantis was full... Where did the new Time Machine come from? Another Ancient outpost yet to be discovered in Milkyway.

Anyway His timeship was still in good condition when it was abandoned. the only reasonable explanation is.. He ascended and no longer needed it.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Hmmm...gotta look up Gildart Jackson. Sounds like he may be prospective member of the "Distinctive Name Club". (Gilder is my RW first name.)
                        Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Working...
                        X