MCU Phase Three is HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCU Phase Three is HERE!

Buckle up folks! At a special event held at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood about an hour ago, Kevin Feige announced the Phase Three slate:

May 6, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War

November 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok

November 3, 2017 - Black Panther (starring Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa)

May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 (yes, you're reading that right. Avengers 3 is getting split into two movies)

July 6, 2018 - Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers. AT LAST.)

November 2, 2018 - Inhumans

May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

So we got Bennidict Cumberbatch for Dr Strange, and Boseman for T'challa. Any idea who is doing Carol danvers or the inhumans?

Comment

No, not yet, but that is why I love Marvel so much. Over these past years it has become my favorite franchise of all! Inhumans will mark the 10th anniverary for the MCU since Iron Man (2008) so I hope they will celebrate it somehow, who would have thought that it will first get so successfull and second still so connected even if most of the movies can be watched on its own. I hope the netflix series like Daredevil and ABCs Agent Carters will be successfull as well, it would be a shame if the TV Series are getting axed before their time. But, bring it on Phase Three!
      sigpic

Comment

Take a look at this: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...28-2014-21.jpg

With this time table. Dr. Strange will take place during Season 4 of Agent's of SHIELD. Black Panther during Season 5. And Just at the end of Season 6, The third Avengers movie.

The fourth Avengers movie occurs after season 7, so Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (if it is lucky enough) needs to go to season 8 just so we see the impact of that fourth Avenger's movie.

Just to realize that, boggles my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          So we got Bennidict Cumberbatch for Dr Strange, and Boseman for T'challa. Any idea who is doing Carol danvers or the inhumans?
          As per Ryan Penagos on Twitter, Cumberbatch is NOT confirmed. Though he didn't flat out deny it either, leaving open the possibility that they could confirm if they successfully sign BC. Still hoping they get someone else instead.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            Take a look at this: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...28-2014-21.jpg

With this time table. Dr. Strange will take place during Season 4 of Agent's of SHIELD. Black Panther during Season 5. And Just at the end of Season 6, The third Avengers movie.

The fourth Avengers movie occurs after season 7, so Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (if it is lucky enough) needs to go to season 8 just so we see the impact of that fourth Avenger's movie.

Just to realize that, boggles my mind!
            A better tie in here...... as far as we know from Agents of SHIELD, a lot of the alien stuff seems to be in relation to the Kree is T.A.H.I.T.I is anything to go by.... Perhaps the first time we will get to see Carol Danvers will be in SHIELD. And I already suspect that they will have to deal with the Inhumans in some form or another.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              A better tie in here...... as far as we know from Agents of SHIELD, a lot of the alien stuff seems to be in relation to the Kree is T.A.H.I.T.I is anything to go by.... Perhaps the first time we will get to see Carol Danvers will be in SHIELD. And I already suspect that they will have to deal with the Inhumans in some form or another.
              But that is the thing, with these movies planned out as they are. There is no rush for the TV series to go through that arc. And while yes they are addressing the impacts of it, they are still at the mercy of the biggest story arc that The Winter Soldier movie dropped on them. That will feed I bet a huge chunk of their stories for the rest fo the series.

Also, if Hydra is going to be beaten, permanently. I think it will happen on the TV show. Sure some of what we saw at the end of The Winter Soldier will come back in some form in the movies. But I do not see a single movie that screams "Tackles Hydra". Age of Ultron is going to be more on the impact that the crazed robot has, but also it will have Hydra's experiments running around (See Scarlet Witch and QuickSilver).

But there just cannot be any way that Age of Ultron wraps up Agent's of SHIELD's biggest foe after just one season of fighting them.

If anything, I suspect we're have episodes of Agent's of SHIELD that take place during and intersecting with some of the later movies. I mean, we are not even going to see Carol powered up until sometime in 2018. That's 4 years and 4-5 seasons away!

It would be stellar (pun intended) if they had the actress for Carol Danvers appear as a regular the season before her film debut.

Oh my gosh, I've stopped talking about season 2 and I'm talking about season 4! Damn, Marvel.
              Last edited by Mrja84; 08 December 2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

^ These comments are all assuming that the show survives past this season. That was by no means guaranteed last year--a lot of people were surprised it got a second year, the way its viewer numbers plummeted in the first season. And the numbers this year haven't been any better.

Now, that doom and gloom out of the way....

SQUEEEEEEE! What a whopper of an announcement!! Civil War! Strange! More Thor and more Guardians! More new main characters!! The Infinity Gauntlet!! And the long-rumoured Inhumans movie!!!! Holy crap Marvel, way to completely destroy any buzz from DC's recent film universe
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  ^ These comments are all assuming that the show survives past this season. That was by no means guaranteed last year--a lot of people were surprised it got a second year, the way its viewer numbers plummeted in the first season. And the numbers this year haven't been any better.
                  Hence why I said "if it's lucky enough" in my first post

The show is doing better now, but it's not going to be must-see-tv for everyone.

EDIT:
                  I think the show has a lot going for it now. The Winter Soldier movie gave it a lot of momentum that is still driving most of the plots.

If they can maintain at least this quality, I think they are a shoe-in for continuation.
                  Last edited by Mrja84; 29 October 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Looking at the 'movie insider website', there is now a blurb on Captain America: Civil war. Apparently there is a 'superhero registration act, (similar to the mutant registration act they were talking about implementing in Xmen 1), where Iron man (stark, again to be played by Downey Jr) is all for it, while Rodgers (again played by Evans) is against it, feeling it is a violation of civil rights.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Looking at the 'movie insider website', there is now a blurb on Captain America: Civil war. Apparently there is a 'superhero registration act, (similar to the mutant registration act they were talking about implementing in Xmen 1), where Iron man (stark, again to be played by Downey Jr) is all for it, while Rodgers (again played by Evans) is against it, feeling it is a violation of civil rights.
                      That's the Civil War comic storyline, yeah. Most people seem to be in agreement that it'll form the basis of the movie--hence why they've brought RDJ on board in a big way.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

BTW, Cumberbatch is now confirmed as Dr. Strange. Just FYI.

Comment

I don't really mean to sound ignorant here...but I'm curious to know what happens after Phase 3. The story-arcs would be 'over' by then, so what would be in for Marvel thereafter?
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            I don't really mean to sound ignorant here...but I'm curious to know what happens after Phase 3. The story-arcs would be 'over' by then, so what would be in for Marvel thereafter?
                            Hard to say. I suppose it depends who on the original phase one and two casts want to keep coming back. One way or Nother though there can always be new heroes to add in for new movies. Plus Thanos is hardly the only big bad that the avengers and guardians have to face.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              They have so many characters and stories in the Marvel Universe that they can keep it do phase 5 or 6 without any reboots or ending it.Iron Man for example has more than just Tony Stark as Iron Man, captain America has had another people as Captain America. Even Thor had Eric Masterson who took over as Thor and then became thunderstrike

Disney may even start buying/renting the likeness of the current actors for use in future Marvel Movies, The Hyperion Render Farm that Disney built to make Big Hero 6 was actually just a testing system for future development they plan on Adding GPU's soon to increase its rendering ability. So it wouldn't be unrealistic to expect by 2020 that a trully lifelike face can be used in a movie where an actor is too old or not able to be in it.
                              Last edited by Master Chief Jack O Niell; 13 December 2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X