PDA

View Full Version : So... Here's a question... Where's the Helicarrier?

P-90_177
October 18th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Obviously in Winter Soldier we got to see Cap and company destroy the three Insight carriers, but what about the original we saw in Avengers? Hydra has now taken over but there was no mention in Winter Soldier or Shield about what happened to it. Is it still out there? Cloaked and either the last bastion of SHIELD or as HYdra's new flagship. Or is it perhaps parked up in a hanger somewhere waiting for Coulson to track it down.

Personally I'd love for Coulson to find where it's at and take it back. Even if it's still damaged from The Avengers. Coulson could do with his own Helicarrier.

garhkal
October 18th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Perhaps it was in dry dock for repairs.. We never got told.

knowles2
October 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Fury probably stuck it away for safe keeping in a bunker somewhere.

pookey
October 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I think it$ been fixed up and Fury ha$ hid it like Garhkal and Knovvle$ $aid

Cmdr Sean Coll
December 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I think the helicarrier was still in service at the time of the fall of SHIELD. Even the US Navy doesn't scrap an older version of the same class of ship when a new version is launched with some upgrades.

As for it's fate, 1 of these options might be true:

1. Destroyed with all hands during the fight for control between Shield and Hydra,

2. Secured by loyal shield agents and hidden from hydra,

3. Captured by Hydra and in the process of being upgraded to Insight specs,

4. In dock at a US naval base during the fall and secured by US naval and marine forces.

[As for the supposed "helicarrier" that appered in "End of the Begining" it wasn't that, it was an Aircraft Carrier because it didn't have the characteristic flight deck layout of the HeliCarrier and you can see the typical navy jets on its flight deck.

In fact the Aircraft Carrier was the CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis.]

garhkal
December 16th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Ohh.. Imagine if it was upgrded to project Insight specs.

P-90_177
December 16th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I really want Coulson to find it. I can just imagine the rest of the team losing against Hydra and things looking bleak when suddenly a couple of F-35's fly over head followed by the Helicarrier drifting over and de-cloaking.

garhkal
December 16th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Also, where's Iron man and Captain America? What of Hawkeye and Natasha.

Archaeis
December 17th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I really want Coulson to find it. I can just imagine the rest of the team losing against Hydra and things looking bleak when suddenly a couple of F-35's fly over head followed by the Helicarrier drifting over and de-cloaking.

I wished for a similar scene in the SGA episode where Sheppard killed Kolya. Having the Daedalus descend over the town and soldiers beaming in all over would have been an awesome addition to their final standoff.

Starsaber
December 17th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Also, where's Iron man and Captain America? What of Hawkeye and Natasha.

In the movies, not the TV show. ;)

There have been a large number of references to them in the show, but we're unlikely to see them except possibly in movie tie-in episodes.

garhkal
December 17th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Why though. Fury showed up. So too Lady Sif.

P-90_177
December 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Why though. Fury showed up. So too Lady Sif.

Because Fury is their boss and Sif was there because the story demanded it. The Avengers have bigger things to take care of.

Teddybrown
December 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Money too probably, think how much it would cost for RDJ?

P-90_177
December 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Money too probably, think how much it would cost for RDJ?

Indeed. Even if he was in it it would just be a walk on like SLJ's appearances.

garhkal
December 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Because Fury is their boss and Sif was there because the story demanded it. The Avengers have bigger things to take care of.

Like what? How is not taking on Hydra a big concern?

P-90_177
December 18th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Like what? How is not taking on Hydra a big concern?

Hydra work in the shadows. And they're so intermingled with with SHIELD's own history still that you have to ask how you can tell between the two. Black Widow and Hawkeye are likely to be hiding since they don't really trust anyone except for themselves, The Avengers and Fury. Cap seems to have cut his ties from SHIELD too. Thor wouldn't really pay all much that attention to the SHIELD/HYDRA stuff, not leased because he has no idea what HYDRA is. Meanwhile Iron Man is busy with his own stuff with Banner, most probably trying to create Ultron to somehow take the place of the gap left by SHIELD. The only hero that is likely to get involved is War Machine/ Iron Patriot... and quite frankly I'm sure the USAF much rather uses Rhodie to go into special ops hot zones than chase down rogue agencies that no one can find anyway.

Cmdr Sean Coll
December 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I hope I'm not out of line for this, but lets keep this on topic please. Let's limit our discussion on your thoughts and theories about the ultimate fate of Shields original Helicarrier please.

P-90_177
December 20th, 2014, 02:52 AM
I hope I'm not out of line for this, but lets keep this on topic please. Let's limit our discussion on your thoughts and theories about the ultimate fate of Shields original Helicarrier please.

I can't actually remember the last time I saw one of these types of threads stay on topic. :P

Archaeis
March 26th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Any chance that was the original helicarrier where we saw 'Real SHIELD' stationed in the last episode? It certainly seemed to have a ship feel.

Perhaps even a Battlestar feel...

Starsaber
March 26th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Any chance that was the original helicarrier where we saw 'Real SHIELD' stationed in the last episode? It certainly seemed to have a ship feel.

Perhaps even a Battlestar feel...

It seemed too utilitarian. The movie hellicarier was a lot shinier. And I'm pretty sure the Adama-SHIELD carrier only had 1 flight deck, not 2 like the movie one.

P-90_177
March 26th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm actually REEEEALLY hoping it's a prototype carrier.... But you're right, it only has the one flight deck so it isn't the Avengers one.

Cmdr Sean Coll
April 2nd, 2015, 03:07 PM
After seeing the latest TV spots/trailers for Age Of Ultron I have a sneaking suspicion that the original Helicarrier has been Fury's mobile base since handing over "the keys" to Coulson.

P-90_177
April 2nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
After seeing the latest TV spots/trailers for Age Of Ultron I have a sneaking suspicion that the original Helicarrier has been Fury's mobile base since handing over "the keys" to Coulson.

As far as I'm aware I've seen all of the trailer and spots for Ultron and I never saw anything that looked like a Helicarrier.

Cmdr Sean Coll
April 16th, 2015, 02:41 PM
As far as I'm aware I've seen all of the trailer and spots for Ultron and I never saw anything that looked like a Helicarrier.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/avengers/videos/vb.126757470715601/891974397527234/?type=2&theater

you will see the Helicarrier!!! So the original helicarrier has been in Fury's possession the whole time.

Cmdr Sean Coll
April 26th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Went to see Age of Ultron last night and the flick was awesome!!! Fury, Hill and some shield agents not with either Coulson or Gonzales pulled the helicarrier out of mothballs to help the Avengers take on Ultron.
So the original helicarrier must have been decommissioned around the time Project Insight was launched. And Fury must have had it stashed away in some classified base that only he and hill knew about.

P-90_177
April 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Went to see Age of Ultron last night and the flick was awesome!!! Fury, Hill and some shield agents not with either Coulson or Gonzales pulled the helicarrier out of mothballs to help the Avengers take on Ultron.
So the original helicarrier must have been decommissioned around the time Project Insight was launched. And Fury must have had it stashed away in some classified base that only he and hill knew about.

So I saw when I saw it. I guess it'll be in the hands of The Avengers as their mobile base now.

yukin1990
April 28th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Does the Helicarrier having any kind of upgrades?? Like upgrade the four main engine into the repulsar engine like those three insight carrier in the winter soldier??

P.S: The carrier that Adama-Shield is Commanding is actually the Iliad!!

garhkal
April 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Who knows. BUT it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see that it did get those upgrades.

lyncat
November 9th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Coulson had it fixed up so the Avengers could use it to save Sokovia.

P-90_177
November 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Coulson had it fixed up so the Avengers could use it to save Sokovia.

yes I knew this by the time the end of season two rolled round. :P

lyncat
November 24th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Check out https://www.facebook.com/avengers/videos/vb.126757470715601/891974397527234/?type=2&theater

you will see the Helicarrier!!! So the original helicarrier has been in Fury's possession the whole time.

Actually, Coulson had it somewhere being repaired (THETA Protocol) for the Avengers to use, with Fury delivering it (Would've been a good opportunity to bring Coulson back, even for a cameo).