PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Civil War. (News/Discussion/Spoilers)

Teddybrown
October 16th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Thoughts on this? Will it work in the movies?

mr_kennedy
October 17th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Civil War

Im With Deadpool

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mej3hN2b1rp9k4to1_500.jpg

Archaeis
October 17th, 2014, 07:30 AM
They've barely touched on non-super soldier super powers yet, much less secret identities. Even without the big guns of mutants and Spiderman, I just don't see there being enough powered people and time to establish what they need to do a good Civil War storyline.?

Crazedwraith
October 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM
No it won't. It didn't work as a comic. Why does Marvel keep pushing that storyline? They wrecked the 2nd Ultimate Alliance game with it as well.

They only have so many 'superheroes' and they're all in the Avengers. They need a lot more characters to do it properly and they'll have the cast no-name actors in the role to get them all in a single film.

Maybe its like Age Of Ultron? They've stolen the title not used the actual plot? *crosses fingers*

P-90_177
October 17th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Keep in mind that it won't exactly be the civil war story line as we know it and given the events of the film series I think it makes perfect sense. Between SHIELD now being considered outlaws and Hydra taking an interest in super powered humans then I think it's fair to say that the government would put restrictions on such things. We already know that Tony became a lot more paranoid after the Avengers as we saw in Iron Man 3, and Cap is considered a fugitive. Not only that, but he is trying to hunt down and save an old friend who is considered an enemy soldier.

Add all these events together and I can imagine Iron Man and Cap coming to blows.... god knows they didn't get along very well to start with anyway.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 17th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Keep in mind that it won't exactly be the civil war story line as we know it and given the events of the film series I think it makes perfect sense. Between SHIELD now being considered outlaws and Hydra taking an interest in super powered humans then I think it's fair to say that the government would put restrictions on such things. We already know that Tony became a lot more paranoid after the Avengers as we saw in Iron Man 3, and Cap is considered a fugitive. Not only that, but he is trying to hunt down and save an old friend who is considered an enemy soldier.

Add all these events together and I can imagine Iron Man and Cap coming to blows.... god knows they didn't get along very well to start with anyway.

Doesn't that in and of itself almost defeat the whole purpose of the Civil War storyline? I thought the point of the tragedy in the comics is that they were old friends who became enemies. Not guys who didn't really get along well who became enemies.

Honestly from what I know of the story in the comics it sounds like a truly terrible idea. It worked a little better in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but even then I don't think it will translate well to the films. In the game there might have even been a little bit of mockery of how poorly it was executed in the original format.

DigiFluid
January 26th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Rumour Alert! Daniel Bruhl's character to be a Silver Age villain? (http://www.blastr.com/2015-1-26/silver-age-captain-america-villain-has-reportedly-been-cast-civil-war)

Maybe we ought to just ask for this to be the official Cap 3 thread?

Teddybrown
January 26th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Good idea, Ill request it!

garhkal
January 28th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Since the MCU is not in the same 'reality' it seems as mutants, i also don't see a lot of 'superhumans' that would qualify.. Though in the early parts of S1 of Agents of shield, didn't Coulson mention that they tracked kinetics??

Teddybrown
May 6th, 2015, 04:24 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/captain-america-civil-war-martin-freeman-cast-29188.htm
Martin Freeman cast, not stated who hes playing though

garhkal
May 6th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Nice.. He impressed me with the role of Bilbo in the hobbit films.

Gen. Chris
May 7th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Good god. Captain America 3 just turned into Avengers 2.5 with the announcement of the whole cast of characters.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/marvel_studios_begins_production_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Spoilers for the Avengers:

Captain America
Ironman
Black Widow
The Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant Man
Black Panther
Spiderman
Agent 13
General Thadeus Ross (Incredible Hulk finally getting some recognition)
Martin Freeman in an undisclosed role

There are more Avengers than in Age of Ultron in the upcoming movie.

Teddybrown
May 7th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Grrr, I need to see Age of Ultron, keeping me from reading all this exciting news!

Gen. Chris
May 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Yeah trust me, don't open that box.

Or this one

There's nothing here, just messing with Teddy

Teddybrown
May 7th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the warning! I saw part of the news on IMDB earlier and managed to avoid major spoilers. I can guess how the film ends as I know what the Civil War comic is about, I just dont want the actual film to be spoiled.

Hence why Im avoiding Agents of SHIELD for the moment as well. Hoping to see AoU soon though.

garhkal
May 7th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Good god. Captain America 3 just turned into Avengers 2.5 with the announcement of the whole cast of characters.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/marvel_studios_begins_production_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Spoilers for the Avengers:

Captain America
Ironman
Black Widow
The Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant Man
Black Panther
Spiderman
Agent 13
General Thadeus Ross (Incredible Hulk finally getting some recognition)
Martin Freeman in an undisclosed role

There are more Avengers than in Age of Ultron in the upcoming movie.

Holy movie cast list batman!

DigiFluid
May 7th, 2015, 03:35 PM
They really should have just titled this one as another Avengers film. The subject matter and the number of major players in it....this one is probably going to rock the MCU to its core. At this point, it seems odd that such a pivotal story for their film universe would not be an Avengers title.

garhkal
May 7th, 2015, 08:37 PM
True. With both the subject matter AND the cast list, this really needs to be billed as Avengers 3 rather than Captain America 3.

DigiFluid
September 4th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Mark Ruffalo Reveals Hulk's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Status (http://www.starburstmagazine.com/movie-news/13026-mark-ruffalo-reveals-hulks-captain-america-civil-war-status)

Last seen on a one-way trip to seclusion, Mark Ruffalo has revealed the status of The Hulk ahead of Captain America: Civil Warís release next year.
Previous speculation suggested that the Green Goliath would return from solitary confinement during the film in order to battle a new threat, possibly the Red Hulk. According to Ruffalo, though, that is not the case and Hulk wonít even be a part of Civil War.

Speaking to BadTaste.it about where the character is during Civil War, the actor said, ďThe reason is too great to be revealed in this movie. I was in the script but then they removed my character. They donít want to reveal where he is and why. I donít even know if Hulk will be back soon.Ē

Could Ruffalo just be playing with fans or is The Hulk really out of the frame for the foreseeable future? Previously, Robert Downey Jr. claimed that Ruffalo was indeed in Civil War, although the actor himself claimed to have no knowledge of that at that particular time. Then there are also stories that Ruffalo has been spotted on the set of Civil War, although even then his scenes might not make the final cut of the movie in order to prolong the mystery over Hulkís whereabouts.

We guess thereís only one way to find out Hulkís status for sure: thatís checking out Anthony and Joe Russoís Captain America: Civil War when it hits screens on May 6th, 2016.

DigiFluid
September 4th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Chris Evans Wants To Be Captain America For The Long Haul (http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/chris-evans-want-to-be-captain-america-for-the-long-haul/)

Chris Evans was out promoting his film Before We Go and talked to Collider about renewing his contract with Marvel Studios.

ďListen, if Marvel wants me they got me. Iíve never had such a relationship where you have such Ė I mean look at my resume, Iím used to being on set being like, ĎAh is this movie gonna be terrible?í said Evans.

The 34-year-old actor is signed on for six films and that ends with Avengers: Infinity War.

ďMarvel just canít stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. Itís wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and itís like a playground as an actor,Ē said Evans.

Evansí schedule for the next few years is pretty booked as Marvel does plan to shoot Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II back-to-back.
Captain America: Civil War Ė May 6, 2016
Avengers: Infinity War Part I Ė May 4, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part II Ė May 3, 2019

ďItís so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an ******* I would be if I hadnít done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself-Iíd never forgive myself,Ē said Evans.

Before We Go is Evansí directorial debut and will be in theaters on September 4.

garhkal
September 4th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Good... Chris Evans does a great job with Capt..

Infinite-Possibilities
September 4th, 2015, 09:54 PM
The thing I find I'm most concerned about this movie is whether Wasp is in it or not. That seems weird to type out, but it's true.

Gen. Chris
November 24th, 2015, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NWzay3W4s

First trailer, came out of nowhere

garhkal
November 24th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Damn that was cool. Just missing Hulk, hawkeye and thor and all the avengers would be there!

Gen. Chris
November 24th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Hawkeye is in the movie

Everyone but Thor and Hulk. Even General Ross is back from Hulk.

Teddybrown
November 25th, 2015, 04:44 AM
:eek:

Cant wait to get home and watch this on my own PC...

Looks good though!

Archaeis
November 25th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Seems like the trailer makes it all about defending Bucky. I wonder where all the Inhumans and now enhanced regular humans popping up all over will fit in.

garhkal
November 25th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Seems like the trailer makes it all about defending Bucky. I wonder where all the Inhumans and now enhanced regular humans popping up all over will fit in.

Same here. Heck when the speculation and leaks of CW were all on the net, it was put out that it was supposed to be dealing WITH the inhuman threat and something to do with requiring all super heroes/inhumans to come and Register with the government, something Cap was all against due to it 'infringing on personal freedom' while Tony was all for...

But another good comment i saw was how is it that Tony seems to be the 'company Yes man' going after Cap, while Cap is now the 'rebel'..

Gen. Chris
November 25th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Tony realized he ****ed up with Ultron, and knows that powered people need some oversight. Makes sense to me.

In the comics it made more sense with a powered person literally destroying an a couple blocks of a city, killing hundreds of people. That kicked off the whole debate.

Edit: Don't forget Bucky, brainwashed or not, is responsible for the death of Tony's parents. That makes this personal as well

Infinite-Possibilities
November 25th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I know this is the alignments they had in the comic version of thes story, but honestly it makes no sense Tony would be the "Pro-limits" one and Cap would be the "Anti-oversight" one based on what happened in Age of Ultron.

Tony didn't really learn his lesson after making Ultron when he immediately repeated the process by creating Vision, and Cap was the one going on about how irresponsible he was being.

P-90_177
November 26th, 2015, 02:38 AM
I know this is the alignments they had in the comic version of thes story, but honestly it makes no sense Tony would be the "Pro-limits" one and Cap would be the "Anti-oversight" one based on what happened in Age of Ultron.

Tony didn't really learn his lesson after making Ultron when he immediately repeated the process by creating Vision, and Cap was the one going on about how irresponsible he was being.

Well that was pretty much stated in Ultron. At no point was Tony sorry for what he was trying to accomplish. The fight he was having with Cap would have continued if it wasn't for Thor waking up Vision. After everything Tony has gone through, he very much would be the one in favour of tighter controls.

Archaeis
November 26th, 2015, 05:44 AM
The fact is, as far as we know, the Maximovs were the first and only enhanced humans the Avengers have ever encountered. Strapping on a winged jetpack or shooting arrows sure doesn't make you one. Hulk and Cap are just variations of super soldier formulas and all their identities are already public.

Without bringing in many more superpowered beings, I fail to see what there is to register.

P-90_177
November 26th, 2015, 06:44 AM
The fact is, as far as we know, the Maximovs were the first and only enhanced humans the Avengers have ever encountered. Strapping on a winged jetpack or shooting arrows sure doesn't make you one. Hulk and Cap are just variations of super soldier formulas and all their identities are already public.

Without bringing in many more superpowered beings, I fail to see what there is to register.

They may be all The Avengers are aware of but the US government certainly knows of many more. As far as Cap is concerned he's just protecting Bucky though. That seems to be his primary concern to start with and then everything else extends from there.

Gen. Chris
November 26th, 2015, 07:16 AM
We don't know what, specifically, are in the accords. It may not be about registration at all, or maybe only in part.

All we know is it relates to what happened in Sokovia.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 26th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Well that was pretty much stated in Ultron. At no point was Tony sorry for what he was trying to accomplish. The fight he was having with Cap would have continued if it wasn't for Thor waking up Vision. After everything Tony has gone through, he very much would be the one in favour of tighter controls.

If he still unapologetic for what he did, then why would he be in favor of tighter oversight?

garhkal
November 26th, 2015, 10:57 PM
We don't know what, specifically, are in the accords. It may not be about registration at all, or maybe only in part.

All we know is it relates to what happened in Sokovia.

Which from what i have heard in spoilers, is where hydra is going to be setting up shop to try and create their own inhumans, after dissecting all those inhumans they caputred as part of the ATC.

P-90_177
November 27th, 2015, 12:01 PM
If he still unapologetic for what he did, then why would he be in favor of tighter oversight?

Because all he wants is some sort of contingency in place for a more formidable threat than what the Avengers have faced before. He knows better than most that massive threats can come from outside the confines of Earth, but they can also be made on Earth. He probably realises his mistake in creating Ultron on his own, but he still wants some form of contingency, and if the government offers that then he will take it, since ultimately his motivation is simply to protect Earth.

garhkal
November 28th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Because all he wants is some sort of contingency in place for a more formidable threat than what the Avengers have faced before. He knows better than most that massive threats can come from outside the confines of Earth, but they can also be made on Earth. He probably realises his mistake in creating Ultron on his own, but he still wants some form of contingency, and if the government offers that then he will take it, since ultimately his motivation is simply to protect Earth.

Surprised then HE was never the cause of Sentinels being made in any of the comic series..

P-90_177
November 29th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Surprised then HE was never the cause of Sentinels being made in any of the comic series..

No but in the comics he was responsible for an alternate reality where he ruled the world with a legion of iron man drones.

Gen. Chris
February 7th, 2016, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuiU0Z99wo

Gen. Chris
March 10th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Are you freaking kidding me that I'm the first one to post it?

The preview gives something away so here's the link. If you don't care, feel free to look in the spoiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2P4DkHxXNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2P4DkHxXNQ

Gen. Chris
March 10th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Deadpool approves

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7absYsnojFTGK0ko/giphy.gif

Scary Kitty
March 10th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Are you freaking kidding me that I'm the first one to post it?

I think everyone's still reeling from the shock and awe. :D

Gen. Chris
March 10th, 2016, 07:58 PM
That may be but I was still surprised that I was the first one and the only one to care for several hours :P

Blew up the internet earlier.

garhkal
March 10th, 2016, 09:42 PM
So we have at least 2 new people.. panther and spidy.. Who else?

Also wonder what the fall out from this will be for Agents of shield!?!?!!??!?

Gen. Chris
March 11th, 2016, 11:24 AM
So we have at least 2 new people.. panther and spidy.. Who else?

Also wonder what the fall out from this will be for Agents of shield!?!?!!??!?

I'm guessing that the team will be fractured, and with Coulson torn on what to do.

Infinite-Possibilities
March 11th, 2016, 11:35 AM
They've already done that story. I think it's more likely that they'd do some kind of "Well that happened, time to clean up after them."

P-90_177
March 11th, 2016, 11:54 AM
They've already done that story. I think it's more likely that they'd do some kind of "Well that happened, time to clean up after them."

That and they've already set up the idea that HYDRA now has its own growing army of enhanced. It is possible though that Coulson will be the one to come up with the idea of registering enhanced.

Archaeis
March 29th, 2016, 07:37 PM
That and they've already set up the idea that HYDRA now has its own growing army of enhanced. It is possible though that Coulson will be the one to come up with the idea of registering enhanced.

Considering they retconned HYDRA as knowing about Inhumans for centuries, I'm surprised they wouldn't have had more in their ranks already. And even more surprised that Daniel Whitehall had no real knowledge of them in Season 2. Most of the enhanced who were "complying" with HYDRA were not Inhumans, but accidental experiments.

I'm very interested to see if Civil War, even oddhandedly, makes reference to the proliferation of Inhumans around the world.

garhkal
March 29th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Considering they retconned HYDRA as knowing about Inhumans for centuries, I'm surprised they wouldn't have had more in their ranks already. And even more surprised that Daniel Whitehall had no real knowledge of them in Season 2. Most of the enhanced who were "complying" with HYDRA were not Inhumans, but accidental experiments.

I'm very interested to see if Civil War, even oddhandedly, makes reference to the proliferation of Inhumans around the world.

Maybe one head of hydra had not informed the other?? OR that is WHY whitehall was interested in that diviner...

P-90_177
March 30th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Maybe one head of hydra had not informed the other?? OR that is WHY whitehall was interested in that diviner...

HYDRA does seem to be broken up into different cells.

Teddybrown
April 16th, 2016, 01:18 PM
New clips for this film have got me excited!

Cairistiona
May 3rd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Watched it last weekend and liked it a lot more than the last Avengers movie! :)

DigiFluid
May 6th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Saw it tonight! I think I still like Winter Soldier movie, but damn it was a good movie just the same! Definitely, easily better than the muddled mess that was Age of Ultron.

Teddybrown
May 7th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Compared to Batman v Superman, this trumped it in every aspect for me...

Definately going to see it again if possible!

garhkal
May 7th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I'll be catching it Tuesday!

garhkal
May 10th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Got back from seeing it and man was.. WOW, it awesome!...

Though since i can see BOTH sides of the arguments, i a torn as to whether i would have been on Caps side or Tony's side if i was one of them supers!

Archaeis
May 12th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Got back from seeing it and man was.. WOW, it awesome!...

Though since i can see BOTH sides of the arguments, i a torn as to whether i would have been on Caps side or Tony's side if i was one of them supers!

Rogers may have started out with a couple good points, and Stark may have even been wrong, but at least Stark was reasonable about it. But about a third into the movie, I feel like Cap's whole position fell apart and all he had left was:

garhkal
May 12th, 2016, 12:40 PM
True, both sides seems rather buttheaded about it..

aretood2
May 13th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Personally...I am with Iron Man on this one. As much as I like Captain America ('Murica!), the facts just don't agree with him. He was fine working with Shield, and he was fine working the the US Army. Maybe the Hydra reveal shaked him up?

But since Winter Soldier (with the Ant Man as an exception) our heroes have mainly been cleaning up messes of their own creation.

aretood2
May 13th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Personally...I am with Iron Man on this one. As much as I like Captain America ('Murica!), the facts just don't agree with him. He was fine working with Shield, and he was fine working the the US Army. Maybe the Hydra reveal shaked him up?

But since Winter Soldier (with the Ant Man as an exception) our heroes have mainly been cleaning up messes of their own creation.

garhkal
May 15th, 2016, 12:04 PM

True many of those messes were of their own creation. BUT why then should ALL super powered individuals be FORCED to sign up, or be 'locked up' (which is what the end result seemed to be for anyone who didn't sign if ross has his way)??

aretood2
May 16th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Only if they want to do any heroing. Ross does like to go the whole distance...but some sort of accountability is needed.

garhkal
May 17th, 2016, 10:30 AM
So if schmuck de muck, who sits at home, goes to work and back, and lives his life as solitary as possible, but HAS a power decides to not sign that accord, he WON'T get 'forcably indexed/locked up by Ross IYO?

aretood2
May 17th, 2016, 04:11 PM
So if schmuck de muck, who sits at home, goes to work and back, and lives his life as solitary as possible, but HAS a power decides to not sign that accord, he WON'T get 'forcably indexed/locked up by Ross IYO?

Like I said, Ross likes to go the whole distance.

Infinite-Possibilities
May 17th, 2016, 08:24 PM
What was the deal with that Pepper line? Did she leave him? Did she die? Why did Tony look really sad when he saw Pepper's name in the teleprompter?

DigiFluid
May 17th, 2016, 09:14 PM
He told Steve that she left him; that he made the grand gesture of quitting in Iron Man 3, but couldn't keep to it, as evidenced by Age of Ultron. Steve said he was sorry, he didn't know.

Infinite-Possibilities
May 17th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Did that scene happen when Tony and Steve were talking while Bucky was first being interrogated? Because that was the moment I decided to go to the bathroom.

DigiFluid
May 18th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Could be, but at the moment I've only seen the movie once ;)

Starsaber
May 18th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Did that scene happen when Tony and Steve were talking while Bucky was first being interrogated? Because that was the moment I decided to go to the bathroom.

Yeah, that's when it was. When he reacted to the teleprompter, I was afraid they killed Pepper offscreen in the Lagos incident.

garhkal
May 18th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Like I said, Ross likes to go the whole distance.

Which is partially WHY i felt cap's right.. The accords ARE wrong.

aretood2
May 20th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Which is partially WHY i felt cap's right.. The accords ARE wrong.

In the end, he went rogue because he was obsessed with Bucky. He didn't really fight anything evil. So it begs the question, who is he to decide these things? Isn't that why we have governments? Who gave him the authority to act and take the law into his own hands? I am so Iron Man in this one...kinda surprised myself...oh and by the way...never trust Black Widow. She's a slippery one.

Gen. Chris
May 20th, 2016, 05:13 PM
I'd say that the fight at the airport pretty much shows that they need oversight...Imagine the damage that fight caused.

Of course a lot of that damage was from Team Ironman but still...

garhkal
May 20th, 2016, 05:25 PM
In the end, he went rogue because he was obsessed with Bucky. He didn't really fight anything evil. So it begs the question, who is he to decide these things? Isn't that why we have governments? Who gave him the authority to act and take the law into his own hands? I am so Iron Man in this one...kinda surprised myself...oh and by the way...never trust Black Widow. She's a slippery one.

True, the end result was more about bukey than the accords.. BUT in general i felt he was right. Just like in S2, when Gonzales met with Jaijeng, i was all in her favor about telling him "Who is he to decide what inhumans should and should not do".. Who's power is or isn't a threat to society, when for centuries those powered people have lived there and no one's been the wiser..
Well, right up to the point she killed him with that Teragen crystal.

aretood2
May 20th, 2016, 05:28 PM
True, the end result was more about bukey than the accords.. BUT in general i felt he was right. Just like in S2, when Gonzales met with Jaijeng, i was all in her favor about telling him "Who is he to decide what inhumans should and should not do".. Who's power is or isn't a threat to society, when for centuries those powered people have lived there and no one's been the wiser..
Well, right up to the point she killed him with that Teragen crystal.

:lol:

Flyboy
May 24th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Not impressed.

I've really enjoyed MCU, and have properly fanboyed out about it, ensuring I watch everything in the correct order - with all of the films and the TV series.

I was expecting so much more from this. As my partner described it... it wasn't a civil war, it was a disagreement with fisty-cuffs.

Normally I'm a huge Captain America supporter, I think he's all kinds of heroic and noble. Yet here... christ he was SO obviously wrong. A self authorising task force is just all kinds of inappropriate, they DO need to be held accountable for their actions. The Avengers began as a tool of the establishment, and that's what it should remain. A private enterprise is entirely vigilantism, which though I can condone at a local level (Daredevil), is distinctly not appropriate when it pertains to infringements of sovereignty and international affairs. Steve was being emotional and unobjective.

Infinite-Possibilities
May 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I loved how the movie set up the conflict. I knew exactly why the Sokovia Accords were created, I could appreciate why Cap chose his side and why Tony chose his. I liked how both sides could make a reasonable case for themselves. But once the big battle began, the movie almost seemed to side step the actual issue it brought up. Most of the war wasn't actually about the principles behind registering. Cap's team was going after the actual culprits behind the bombing and Iron Man's team was just there to stop them. So what narrative reason does the audience have to root for them besides coolness factor? And the final battle occurred only because Tony was emotional and not thinking clearly. I didn't like how they set up a morally ambiguous scenario and then didn't fully commit.

LtColCarter
May 29th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Ok...well...I finally got my tickets to see Captain America: Civil War! :) In 2 hrs and 10 minutes...I will be munching on a bison burger at my favorite theater and watching the coming attractions. I truly hope that this movie lives up to the hype. I really enjoyed the other Captain America movies. :D

Gen. Chris
May 30th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Ok...well...I finally got my tickets to see Captain America: Civil War! :) In 2 hrs and 10 minutes...I will be munching on a bison burger at my favorite theater and watching the coming attractions. I truly hope that this movie lives up to the hype. I really enjoyed the other Captain America movies. :D

As in the theater serves bison burgers or you smuggled one in?

LtColCarter
May 31st, 2016, 08:21 AM
As in the theater serves bison burgers or you smuggled one in?

Yes, the theater serves bison burgers. :) It is a dine-in theater.

Well...I enjoyed the flick! I felt the movie was well constructed...and easy to follow.

Even though this is not part of the movie...what do you guys think of the latest Captain America revelation? That he is...part of Hydra!

garhkal
May 31st, 2016, 12:42 PM
IMO that's pure fan fic drivel..

LtColCarter
May 31st, 2016, 01:00 PM
IMO that's pure fan fic drivel..

Not according to a Time Magazine (http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/) article. It starts out with, "Sure, he wears red white and blue on the outside, but on the inside? It turns out Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, supports the evil, former Nazi organization, Hydra."

garhkal
May 31st, 2016, 09:00 PM
And people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..

LtColCarter
June 1st, 2016, 11:58 AM
and people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..

roflmao

aretood2
June 2nd, 2016, 02:00 PM
And people wonder why i steer clear of the newer comics, what with all the retcons, revamps, rehashes etc..

Don't count out the story line yet. You don't know where they are going with this.

garhkal
June 2nd, 2016, 10:40 PM
Well, last time i even got comics was around 96-97 neck of the woods and maybe one here or there up through 99.. So i have a large chunk of stuff to catch up on if i did get back into them.

aretood2
June 3rd, 2016, 04:36 PM
Well, last time i even got comics was around 96-97 neck of the woods and maybe one here or there up through 99.. So i have a large chunk of stuff to catch up on if i did get back into them.

I'm not even touching anything before the 90's...well, except for X-Men. But it is taking for ever...there's just so many issues!!!! O.O

Teddybrown
August 28th, 2016, 01:44 PM
http://www.people.com/article/team-thor-parody-chris-hemsworth-captain-america-civil-war?xid=rss-fullcontent
What Thor and Bruce Banner were up to during Civil War...

norival1992
September 27th, 2016, 09:19 AM
I'm fan of Captain America