• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four Walls and a Roof (503)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON FIVE
    FOUR WALLS AND A ROOF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 503
    After Bob is captured by Gareth and a group from Terminus, Rick leads a team out to confront them where they are.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 November 2014, 11:18 PM.

The "tainted meat" scare is an interesting example of the differences in knowledge that various groups have regarding the pandemic.

It's true that they may have been concerned about immediate zombification, the impression I got from that scene is that they are unaware that they are already infected, and have been long before they started to chow down on Bob.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

It was... ok.

No where near as intense as the first two. Quite a drop off in fact...

Though - yes indeedy, Rick got his revenge, just as prescribed, so that was nice. (Ohhh how evil to say that).

Um... so... "Come on out" - ?
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Really liked this episode. Their were rumors that one bad guy was going to be a regular. I'm glad that didn't happen. I didn't see anyway they could redeem his character.

I think Morgan is the guy being called out by Daryl. I don't think Beth or Carol are coming back or at least not next episode.

Ty killing Bob was interesting. I thought he might not be able to do it at the end. I was sorry to see no fallout from leaving that one guy alive.

Comment

Poor Bob. I really liked him.

I'm not sure how I feel about the storyline with Gareth and the cannibals ending when it did. I'm glad it wasn't dragged out the whole season and that they didn't try to redeem Gareth, but it seemed to end almost too abruptly for how things seemed to be set up. I think I would it would have been better to have either have ended the cannibal storyline in the first episode or had it go on for a couple more episodes. I guess they were trying to be unpredictable, but it just felt a bit weird/kind of anticlimactic. I really liked the episode though, and I'm looking forward to next week's; I hope Carol is ok.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, after half of S4 spent getting to Terminus, then wrapping it up in basically three and a bit episodes, I think they should have given it maybe a bit of a -

Cannibals attack, get away with x y and z... Rick regroups and unleashes hell on them.

That said, they had slightly more time than "the Claimers"... who I also expected to have more screen time, though ultimately was very pleased with the outcome there.
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

1.) It could be Morgan who is with Daryl, but I have a feeling that it will be an entirely new character to the show.

I suspect that Carol and Daryl "found" Beth, or at least her current location, and he has come back to get the rest of the group. The person with Daryl could be someone who has had previous dealings with this latest potential enemy group, and (she?) will be a source of information and potential ally.

Or, somehow Morgan has had some experience with this new group and he will be used by the writers to supply the group (and the audience) with information about the new threat.

2.) I wasn't surprised at how the Termites ended up. I saw their situation as being similar to that of Tomas (the leader of the Season 3 prisoner group). He tried to kill Rick "by accident" (pushing a still living walker on top of Rick) and in response Rick smashed Tomas' head in with a machete. I don't believe it was the same red handled machete which Rick used on Gareth.

This was another kill or be killed situation as Rick saw it. I saw it as a similar situation where early settlers would kill off predators in order to protect themselves, their families and their homes. If he left any of the other guys alive then it was yet another reason to always have to be looking over his shoulder. It also removed another threat to his children, as well as the rest of the group.

I also found it interesting that, nobody in the group brought up the subject that perhaps Rick might have been right after all about killing the Terminus survivors while they were still scattered. The group didn't lose any people to the Termites in this episode, but there was the potential for significant losses (Bob was bit and was going to die regardless of the Termites). This being said, maybe the group would have sustained losses while they were mopping up the Termites.

regards,
              G.
              Last edited by Gollumpus; 27 October 2014, 09:18 PM.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

That reminds me... I was a bit surprised that we didn't get a little bit of exposition RE Rick's decision to kill the Termites (love that nick!). By that, I mean - one of the characters hiding inside the church should have been seen telling the Priest about just how bad these people were...

I think the line about Judith - "Perhaps we'll keep the baby" - was really the nail in the coffin - not that Rick ever would have let them live, but the nail for the audience - he's threatened Rick's infant baby... He's a goner!
                and lots more!

Comment

Surprised they wrapped up this storyline so quick, but interested to see what happens next...

Comment

I love this show, so many twists and turns just love it do unpredictable
                    sigpic
                    siggy made by RogueRanger
                    http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
                    killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X