Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Harrison Wells discussion (US Airing Schedule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Harrison Wells discussion (US Airing Schedule)

He is the brains and the financial power behind S.T.A.R. Labs. Dr. Harrison Wells started out the show as a mentor and hero to Barry Allen. Someone we expected to guide him through getting to know his powers and a leader of the technical team supporting Barry. We also see him in a wheelchair, evidently he has been paralyzed from the waist down since the accident.

S1 E1 - (end of episode) - in a secret room at S.T.A.R Labs, Wells reveals he is not paraplegic, while reading a newspaper from the future concerning Barry's fate as the Flash.
    This seems like an arc that will take a while, with lots of small hints before we figure out his motives\intentions.

**Use Spoiler Tags if it hasn't hit TV yet - we'll be following the initial airing schedule**
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    On another site, someone mentioned he MIGHT be professor Zoom, though i don't know who that is.
    But i too was wondering what that deal with the holo of the future news paper was all about. Is he from the future? Has he seen it?
    Is he wanting to keep barry safe, to avoid that fate the newspaper shows him, or is he trying to bring it about????

Comment

His intentions are definitely TBD. Just because he is keeping a secret doesn't make him a villain, but it is very suspicious.
      sigpic

Comment

Episode 2 we see a few new things.

Dr. Wells says he cares for Barry as well and seems to want him to become The Flash. Then at the end of the episode Dr. Wells stands up again and kills that guy that wanted to research Barry and use him for his own personal gain.

Dr. Wells motives are still unknown at this point.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Spoiler:
          On another site, someone mentioned he MIGHT be professor Zoom, though i don't know who that is.
          But i too was wondering what that deal with the holo of the future news paper was all about. Is he from the future? Has he seen it?
          Is he wanting to keep barry safe, to avoid that fate the newspaper shows him, or is he trying to bring it about????
          This spoiler rules him out as one villain based on the Wiki
          Spoiler:
          He is not Professor Zoom, and the wiki identifies the actor who plays that role.
          sigpic

Comment

Given Arrow created their own characters that didn't exist in the comics I think we should accept the possibility that Dr. Wells has no comic book counterpart
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Really intruiged to see what or who he turns out to be, love a good character mystery!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Given Arrow created their own characters that didn't exist in the comics I think we should accept the possibility that Dr. Wells has no comic book counterpart
                Very well could be the case.

Another possibility is that he is someone from the comics, but they completely ignore everything from the comics.
                sigpic

Comment

My theory is that he came from the future and is trying to change his past so that Flash survives the "Crisis" mentioned in the newspaper.

Whether that is the case or not, I have a feeling he caused the particle accelerator accident to make sure Barry became The Flash.

Comment

Bit off topic, but anyone think the girls fiancé is still alive? Its being mentioned a bit too much to just be true...

Comment

So from tonights episode we know that he was expecting the storm that caused Barry's accident and transformation into the Flash. He knew what was going to happen before it happened. Still unsure about his motives.
                      sigpic

Comment

He said he suspected something, but not what. So perhaps he knew that 'storm created the flash' but not who the flash initially was.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          He said he suspected something, but not what. So perhaps he knew that 'storm created the flash' but not who the flash initially was.
                          He had a camera inside Barry's lab.
                          sigpic

Comment

The thing to consider is that he couldn't exactly say "I knew exactly what would happen because I'm from the future."

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                              My theory is that he came from the future and is trying to change his past so that Flash survives the "Crisis" mentioned in the newspaper.

Whether that is the case or not, I have a feeling he caused the particle accelerator accident to make sure Barry became The Flash.
                              This, I don't think it's coincidence the two actors cast look like they could play Father and Son elsewhere, my theory is he is Barry, who used his speed to somehow come back in time to protect/create his alter-ego, in effect setting up a causeality time travel paradox.

Comment

Working...
                              X