X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Defiance rip off the Wraith?

Just wondering....

Did Defiance rip off the look kind of when they made Castithans?

Also the guy in Hellboy 2 looked like a Wraith as well.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

They are nothing alike
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      They are nothing alike
      No but the whole white hair, white skin, they did it in Helloy as well.... Just funny how all three have that in common

Comment

Castithan's are nothing like Wraiths. True, I wouldn't want to get on Stama's bad side ... ever, but they are nothing alike.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Castithan's are nothing like Wraiths. True, I wouldn't want to get on Stama's bad side ... ever, but they are nothing alike.

Actually you are right........ But that's the first thing I thought when I watched the show for the very first time. I don't know why. and that guy in Hellboy too in the 2nd movie.

Comment

I don't think the appearance is much of a 'rip off'. The pale skin and long white hair is used for plenty of stuff. Elves, witches, vampires, and creepy businessmen are often portrayed like that (not necessarily white hair for vampires though). If I recall, there's even a race in Star Trek that has a similar appearance.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
              I don't think the appearance is much of a 'rip off'. The pale skin and long white hair is used for plenty of stuff. Elves, witches, vampires, and creepy businessmen are often portrayed like that (not necessarily white hair for vampires though). If I recall, there's even a race in Star Trek that has a similar appearance.
              Yep. Dead Island had white-haired pale zombies. The whole wraith look of long white hair and pale skin is pretty generic. It's cause it kind of reminds us of death.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                Yep. Dead Island had white-haired pale zombies. The whole wraith look of long white hair and pale skin is pretty generic. It's cause it kind of reminds us of death.
                OMG yes I remember those guys. They were not fun.

Comment

Working...
                X