The Driving Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Driving Dead

I saw an ad for this on Hulu. I went looking for it and it turns out the idea sprung to life where I went to college. This is a new Web Series starring Michael Rooker. It clearly hopes to ride his Walking Dead renown as it appears to be set in a similar universe. I love Rooker and you should check this out. If anything it will make you chuckle a little, (You'll see what I mean.) Here is a link to their site, thedrivingdeadseries.com.

HAHAHAHA ! ! ! Followed this for months and literally the day after I stopped they posted Episode 2 almost two months ago. If you are unaware of this little series it created a bit of controversy. Apparently these folks got a hefty sum from the State of Illinois to do these little web-isodes. They are designed to deliver a driver safety message. Episode 2 is fairly decent though the driver safety stuff isn't nearly as well placed as it was in Episode 1.

It is a shame these guys did such a good job making the product, but didn't get it out there for people to see while it was buzz worthy. I am sure their time has passed. In this day and age it doesn't seem like you'll be very successful if you release an episode that is less than 10mins long in August and then the second episode in December. People have likely stopped paying attention. The only reason I found out about it is that I checked an old email account and saw the message from December. I really hope I am wrong because the effort that went into these makes me want to see more. That and the fact that it was made around where I used to live, likely using some of the resources I used while I was in school.

Comment

Working...
    X