• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Kills (103)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE 100 - SEASON ONE
    EARTH KILLS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103
    Clarke, Finn, and Wells go in search of a seaweed they believe might save Jasper's life, but must seek refuge from a thick fog of acid. Meanwhile Bellamy gives council to a young girl struggling with nightmares.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

One thing I liked about this show is how jerks at the start of the show change to a more humane approach. I hated Belamy at first but we get to see a more humane side of him with how he helps Charlotte overcome his fears and the way he comforts Atom when he is basically dead from the acid fog. This is really the episode that started to turn me around to liking this show. I liked the interaction of Clarke seeing the burden that Wells carries and more interaction of who Wells is as a character. The seaweed is nothing but a plot device to carry the conversation of Wells' role. I know that I was shocked of them killing a person so suddenly that I thought was going to be a main character. One character that does not change (unlike Belamy) is Murphy. I remember being disgusted he was so willing to kill a person who in pain
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Agreed. The personal interactions really made this a great show.

Comment

Previous tally: 99/101

###

If I remember correctly this was the episode that made me go, wait a minute, this isn't so bad. Especially that final moment in which Charlotte slays her demon by killing Wells. I was thoroughly shocked that he was killed - and in such a fashion. And again, that whole scene sent a chill down my spine.

This episodes's a really strong one as far as individual characters go. We see a whole new side to Bellamy, and learn that he's got a softer side and yes, he too is a scared boy. Adam's alive and then dies. His death is chilling. Clarke talking and humming, turning that in such a sad and powerful moment all it once. She does have the strength to make the tough decisions.

Jasper coming back to the living - yay. They make an odd bunch, Monty, Finn, Clarke, Octavia and Jasper. But if they want to survive than working together is gonna be key. They got a long way to go before they're at that particular point but it's a start.

Before that - we first have more Lord of the Flies going on.

###

Tally:
        Total teenagers left standing - 99

3 killed by the fog
        Wells killed by Charlotte
        Total of 4 deaths

96 teenagers still alive of the 101 sent down.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

###

If I remember correctly this was the episode that made me go, wait a minute, this isn't so bad. Especially that final moment in which Charlotte slays her demon by killing Wells. I was thoroughly shocked that he was killed - and in such a fashion. And again, that whole scene sent a chill down my spine.

This episodes's a really strong one as far as individual characters go. We see a whole new side to Bellamy, and learn that he's got a softer side and yes, he too is a scared boy. Adam's alive and then dies. His death is chilling. Clarke talking and humming, turning that in such a sad and powerful moment all it once. She does have the strength to make the tough decisions.

Jasper coming back to the living - yay. They make an odd bunch, Monty, Finn, Clarke, Octavia and Jasper. But if they want to survive than working together is gonna be key. They got a long way to go before they're at that particular point but it's a start.

###

Tally:

3 killed by the fog
          Total of 4 deaths

I think I said something similar. I agree about your Belamy situation. We slowly see him turning away from his monster personality. This and S2 Belamy are so different.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

###

###

Tally:

3 killed by the fog
            Total of 4 deaths

I think I said something similar. I agree about your Belamy situation. We slowly see him turning away from his monster personality. This and S2 Belamy are so different.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

True, but both seasons Bellamy has been one of my consistent top 4 characters to like.

Comment

This is the episode where I started to take this show more seriously. A character was killed that I didn't expect to die so soon, in a way that I really wasn't expecting. It was so sudden, I was actually surprised when Charlotte killed Wells, and I liked being surprised. I felt that Wells' death brought a sense of danger to the show that was missing before.

I did expect Charlotte to try to kill someone (there seemed to be something off about her throughout the ep, and the way she looked at Clarke as she (Clarke) mercy-killed Atom really made me think that that she was going to try something) , but I didn't expect it to be Wells and I didn't expect her to actually succeed in killing anyone. I thought there would end up being some kind of last minute save like there are in a lot of other shows.

I also started liking most of the characters more during this episode, especially Bellamy and Octavia. I like the way Bellamy cared for Charlotte, and the way he was unable to kill Atom. I liked that he seemed to respect Clarke more after she did so. I also liked how protective Bellamy was of Octavia when Murphy was trying to go on about his "psycho little sister". I really liked that Octavia (and Monty) jumped into action to protect Jasper from Murphy. I liked the flashbacks to what happened with Clarke's father and that Clarke and Wells made up, once she realized that it was her mother and not him that caused her father to be executed (that made Wells' death even more surprising/shocking to me).
                sigpic

Comment

A good episode, showing more depth to some of the characters. I'm surprised no one mentions the ridiculous lens flare constantly on screen sometimes right across a person's face on the space station scenes. Also big flashes of light appear right across the screen for no reason. I cannot stand lens flare it takes me right out of the scene.

Comment

Working...
                  X