This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with 1969

I just re-watched it and there is something I still can’t figure out. In the end when Cassandra says that Sam told her what to do, how is that possible? Sam was in the past and then the future with no time to tell adult Cassandra the 411. The only way I can get it to work is if time is like a repeating loop and we are just seeing the most current time through but living with the effects of previous loops? Do you understand what I mean? Please help to explain this to me.
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

I think its some kind of repeating history.
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I personaly think that even the Ancients didn't figured it out. (Window of oppurtuniti)

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

from what i understand it is a repeating loop-hole type effect (i actually think that there is an inconsistency with the time travel thing, but that we be address later). Sam tells cassandra that in the future, how ever many years in the future it is, she has to be at this exact spot at this exact time, and she has to send them back into the past. just like the younger hammond helped sg-1 when they returned to the past. its all a big loop / cycle thing.
        "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

i actually have this whole time travel theory also, if you want to hear it let me know and ill explain the whole thing to you
          "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Shoot....I was going to say something like that but I kept on confusing myself
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

So what loop is actually real? Or is the future already written somewhere?

Comment

As i said. This is even too complicated for the Ancients

Comment

I mean in what loop can something go terribly wrong?

Comment

its a tricky thing time travel is. on one hand its a never ending cycle as in 1969, but other times they are able to alter it like the episode with the note that had jacks blood on it telling them not to go to p....(cant remember name of episode). in that episode they were able change the future or past, or timeline, or whatever it is called. time travel is way too confusing
                    "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Indeed it is.....made my headache even worse, lol.

And it was 2010 (the one with the note sent to the past).
                      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                        Indeed it is.....made my headache even worse, lol.

And it was 2010 (the one with the note sent to the past).
                        thanks. wasnt there 2 episodes that dealt with that note though
                        "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Originally posted by KingKha
                          thanks. wasnt there 2 episodes that dealt with that note though
                          The one sending the note was 2010. The one that dealt with the warning was 2001.

Comment

is there a big following of stargate in the UK?
                            "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Apparently there is but I haven't met a great deal of UK Gaters. Either that or they're just hiding......

We must be doing something right though cos we get the DVDs before America does! Shame we don't get the comics.....but that's another story.

Comment

Working...
                              X