• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tale of Two Sisters (401)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    A TALE OF TWO SISTERS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401
    The frightened and confused Queen Elsa arrives in Storybrooke and creates a powerful snow monster for protection. Meanwhile Regina plots against Marian, and Mr. Gold begins his new life with Bell with a lie. In Arendelle of the past Elsa and her sister Anna discover the truth behind their parents' disappearance.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 October 2014, 10:28 PM.

I will hand it to the actors playing the frozen characters, they've got their characters down. Very movie like. I do think Elsa's insecurity is a bit played up, on the other hand, the elsa we saw at the end of the movie isnt' facing 'losing' her sister to Cristoff.

Poor Regina. Sad to see her try for bad...but she isnt' really. She's tempted, if she was really bad she'd have let Marion die, and she didn't. She really wants to be good inside.

Not sure how I feel about all the time travel stuff, but ya know, sometimes gotta just go with it. And since Snow, Charming and baby Neal's stories are done - or on hiatus this season, gotta focus on someone.

What I think Regina will find, no matter how she tweaks time, she's still the villain and doesn't get her happy ending...until she accepts that it's not owed to her, she has to be open to letting it happen, then she'll find her 'prince'.....that or the mirror dude loves her, and she loves him, but she can't get over the servant/master thing long enough to see it.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

For the most part, I liked the Frozen characters. They were well cast.

Next week looks exciting.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Watched it {and hopefully recorded the entire thing; have to check} am now watching it once again ON DEMAND at the moment. For the upteenth time actually, Totally can't get Elsas voice out of my head now.

The characters from Frozen are very well cast; Georgina Haig as Queen Elsa was perfect for the role. Not only is she built like Elsa, looks like Elsa, sounds like Elsa, Georgina Haig IS Queen Elsa. I for one am VERY happy with out she turned out. ITs not easy finding people to play the parts of animated characters. ABC did it right!

Kristoff & Elsa were very sweet at the end; the closing line from Kristoff was very beautiful! Now I must look for a transcript site somewhere ? I know Castle has one; but does OUaT ?

Bring on next week!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I really liked this episode, I only wish my daughter was old enough to watch it. I have lost count of how many times she has seen frozen.

I do wish we'd get a new villain instead of instantly casting Regina in that role again. She kind of got the raw end of the deal, but I guess we'll see where Robin's wife comes into play. Was there some family connection about her eluded to in previous seasons? Maybe she'll end up being a villain??? Not sure what I'm talking about.

Also not sure where they are going with Rumpy?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            I really liked this episode, I only wish my daughter was old enough to watch it. I have lost count of how many times she has seen frozen.

I do wish we'd get a new villain instead of instantly casting Regina in that role again. She kind of got the raw end of the deal, but I guess we'll see where Robin's wife comes into play. Was there some family connection about her eluded to in previous seasons? Maybe she'll end up being a villain??? Not sure what I'm talking about.

Also not sure where they are going with Rumpy?
            I for one think they are going to mix it up again this time around. Regina does not want to be evil, but doesnt know how to achive her happiness.

Elsa, well, I would be careful. Not sure the writers have the guts to make her the villain for this Season, but lets just put one and one together. Elsa looked for her Sister in the Enchanted forest and in the end Rumple had Anas Necklace and Elsa locked up for eternity. Who wants to bet Ana tried to make a deal with Rumple and it went bad for her? Gold may end up the Beast of this Season.

Talking of which, I cannot believe anybody mentioned so far Mickeys Hat of Illusions! That box contained the hat of the master wizard from the classic Fantasia Mikey Mouse Cartoon. I dont know, but I find the implications odd. That would make Mickey Mouse real. They made great CGI Monsters so far, but I dont think they can pull off a real Cartoon incarnation.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

As far as rumple goes, it does look like he DID give over his real dagger after all in the ep, but then took it back to 'scan that box'... Not sure if he put it back.
              I liked the snow man, but hated how cartoony it looked, and that Elsa seemed like a little girl rather than someone who looked in her mid 20s..

Comment

I felt so heartbroken for Regina... but I kind of expected it. I mean... that Robin would feel obliged to stay with Marian... but he didn't deny/go back on his feelings for Regina. I don't see his decision playing out well in the end... I have hope him and Regina will end up together again... but storywise makes more sense for there to be a battle/fight to get back to each other... nothing is ever easy is it... look at what snow and charming have been through.

I'm pretty certain Rumple did return the dagger... didn't he put it back in Belle's bag? then the fake one back in his jacket?

I'm also now highly inspired to watch Frozen (probably being the only one on here who hadn't yet!)
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Don't really care to watch it. IIRC the last animated film i watched was brave. Normally i don't go in for them as i am single and have no kids, but some have been decent enough (aladdin i loved for Robin williams, Monsters Inc for John goodman, the Ice age trilogy just cause).

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                    I'm also now highly inspired to watch Frozen (probably being the only one on here who hadn't yet!)
                    I havent really liked any of the recent animated movies either and tried to stay away from them, most where not that bad especially Madagascar 3. In the case of Frozen, I would say it is finally Disney at its best again. It had simply timeless music and a fantastic reimagined story.

That said I do not like what they did with Elsa. She was supposed to understand her powers now. The actriss and everything is perfect, her character is very screwed up though in the OUAT version.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Perhaps her arrival in OUAT is prior to her gaining full control over her powers.

Comment

Actually no; Elsa, at least in OUaT verse; has been queen for two years; and she is not the least bit versed in our worlds technology whatsoever, hence her natural fears and current scared state.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So when she's scared her powers suffer?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            So when she's scared her powers suffer?
                            I've no clue to be honest, I only know that her lack of knowledge of our time and teach scares her, {at least the technology does, she was nearly rammed by Grumpys van had she not reacted and defended herself!}

It is also possible that the urn has something to do it with it, maybe held herr powers in check, or she forgot who to control it or something. Or may it just drained her powers to the point of very weak until scared or mad or something

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              I've no clue to be honest, I only know that her lack of knowledge of our time and teach scares her, {at least the technology does, she was nearly rammed by Grumpys van had she not reacted and defended herself!}

It is also possible that the urn has something to do it with it, maybe held herr powers in check, or she forgot who to control it or something. Or may it just drained her powers to the point of very weak until scared or mad or something
                              Nope, sorry but its simply screwed up. This is after the movie and there she had the big revelation how to undo her ice and in the end had no fear at all. She may be in a strange place after being trapped and missing Ana, but I still find it odd that she lost that much control over it again.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X