Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its official!!! Ronon Dex will be played by...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its official!!! Ronon Dex will be played by...

According to many sources, the new season 2 regular character of Ronon Dex will be played by Jason Momoa.

Here is a link to his imdb listing.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597388/

I think he certainly looks the part.
    Last edited by Butterfly-Dreamer; 16 February 2005, 12:14 PM. Reason: need to change title
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
    According to many sources, the new season 2 regular character of Ronon Dex will be played by Jason Momoa.

Um, er, what sources? I was checking out Jason Momoa sites and they said that they hearsd a rumor hear about it, but so far it's just this thread... just curious as not even Variety mentions it, or Zap2it.com, which is pretty on catching casting tidbits

Comment

Interesting ..... guess 'north shore' is 'washed-up'.
      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Assuming this is true, then it's nice to know they're casting based on talents and not looks.

Though I think I'll wait until a RELIABLE SOURCE is actually listed WITH A QUOTE AND LINK before I resort to some of my more scathing comments.

Comment

There are about three different threads on this subject.

This is thread where the news was first reported by newbie
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8690

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8113&page=4
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer

Hey, you must be referring to Wyld1 and myself! We were the first to report it ANYWHERE and we reported it here.

As for those of you that are saying, "yeah, whatever..." You will regret not believing us. We have a VERY reliable source that doesn't even realize that we "spilled the beans"...

Want more details? Try Jason is still in legal limbo getting out of the North Shore contract. Sources have it that he was contracted for 2 more episodes, but they pulled the plug. Should have no bearing on Atlantis filming.

How about he signed up for a 2 year contract for Atlantis with options for more years (didn't want to be locked in to a 6 year contract, although I think it was a bad call since the Stargate series is so successful)....

You'll see, we are right. Funny too. I originally heard the rumor from someone else, then verified it with my own source, shared the information with Wyld1, and we both put it up here.

Oh, and YES, he will be fully dredlocked like stated before. He is also gearing up to be on a special work out schedule to trim him up for the character and get his fighting skills up to par for the part.

I am going to talk to my source and see if she will take a camera with her when she goes to the set later this spring. I am going to have to tell her to try to get a picture in front of the gate....

Comment

Well I look forward to it.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Being antagonistic towards people who have every right to be skeptical is not the way to get yourself believed.

Why the hell should we trust what YOU have to say? You're some prim'tah with less than a handful of posts who comes on here preaching the Wonder That is Jason and expecting us to fall to our knees in humble worship?? I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

If Jason's on the cast, FINE. But I'll wait until a RELIABLE source reports the news. And by reliable I mean a verified source with a long track record of accurate information.

There's no need to be so rude about it, you know.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 16 February 2005, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Wow, that Jason guy is hott! haha. He's way better looking than anybody else on Atlantis, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Being antagonistic towards people who have every right to be skeptical is not the way to get yourself believed.

Why the hell should we trust what YOU have to say? You're some prim'tah with less than a handful of posts who comes on here preaching the Wonder That is Jason and expecting us to fall to our knees in humble worship?? I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

If Jason's on the cast, FINE. But I'll wait until a RELIABLE source reports the news. And by reliable I mean a verified source with a long track record of accurate information.

If anyone is being rude it is you, my friend. I was just trying to give out more information. I even posted elsewhere here that I understand that people are skeptical. Be skeptical, that is your choice. Makes no difference to me.

I am not trying to be rude, or antagonistic to anyone. I just want to share information. Believe it or don't, you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder
                      I am not trying to be rude, or antagonistic to anyone. I just want to share information. Believe it or don't, you choose.
                      So you say.

As for those of you that are saying, "yeah, whatever..." You will regret not believing us.
                      What do you want? To hear it from his mother?
                      And if you don't care if we believe you or not, why are you trying so hard to convince us? Providing all kinds of niggly details and "insider info". If we don't believe the bare facts, the elaboration won't be any more convincing.

I had a big scoop about Farscape once. Posted it more or less to see what happened. Some believed, some didn't, but I wasn't bothered by the naysayers. I was posting as a n00b on a board. They didn't know me and they didn't know my source. *shrug* Wasn't about to waste energy trying to convince them. It hit the "official" sites soon enough and then the argument was moot.

Comment

eeer...Okay I'm confused, is it really official or are we going by an unnamed source which may or may not be true and an imdb thing?

'Cause I don't know to celebrate and look up as much as I can about this guy or wait and see.

And Baywatch? Ick.
                        *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Maybe its just me, but to end a post like this talking about someone ELSE being rude strikes me as rather amusing...

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
                            eeer...Okay I'm confused, is it really official or are we going by an unnamed source which may or may not be true and an imdb thing?
                            It's "official" according to a couple of prim'tah who say they have sources very close to James (if not actually James himself).

It could very well be true, but I'm not gonna jump up and down (or gather the torches and pitchforks) until a real source says something.

Comment

He's only 24, a bit young for the descriptions of a hardened warrior who spent many years on the run. But then again, all the actors on Atlantis are quite young. Well that said, GO HAWAII!

Comment

Working...
                              X