• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Caretaker (3406/806)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 34
    THE CARETAKER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3406 (806)
    The Doctor goes undercover inside Clara's school to track and stop a threat that could destroy the planet, and finds himself also in the middle of her relationship with Danny Pink.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 September 2014, 10:06 PM.

Pretty good episode, but why do I get the feeling we may lose Danny in the next episode?

I can see why this episode could split views though.

Comment

enjoyed the episode, some funny moments. I loved the scene at the end. But i am starting to dislike Danny's lines, especially the one where he asks Clara to tell him if the Doctor pushes her too far. FFS she sacrificed herself in a time vortex for the Doctor!
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Slightly above average, I thought. Enjoyable though.

Did the Blitzer remind anyone else of Sir Killalot from "Robot Wars"?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Now that you mention it...

So, we arent any closer to finding out anything about this "Heaven" place either...

Comment

I'm sure all will be revealed in due course, Teddy.

I hope... You know what the Moff's like.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I liked the episode. The Doctor and Danny's scene with the yes sirs was the best part for me. i thought the first scene was odd because we never get back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I'm sure all will be revealed in due course, Teddy.

I hope... You know what the Moff's like.
                We do however still know something new. It isn't just people that the Doctor is coming into direct contact with who are being sent there.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I have to say, Jenna is great with the facial expressions. When the Doctor walked into the room and introduced himself, you could just see what was going through Clara's head just from her expression.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    We do however still know something new. It isn't just people that the Doctor is coming into direct contact with who are being sent there.
                    This is true, yes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                      I have to say, Jenna is great with the facial expressions. When the Doctor walked into the room and introduced himself, you could just see what was going through Clara's head just from her expression.
                      Completely agree with you there. I liked this one. It had some very funny seens in it. But like Teddy, I can see how this ep could/willdevide the autience.
                      Are tehre still people who dissagree withmee, that the Doctor wasn't chrushing on Clara?
                      And did he say " I lived with River among otters for a while" couldn't realy catch that bit.
                      [edit: ok, just seen this scene again, they did't live amogng them together, but he mentiond River and living with otter in one sentence (well two)]
                      I think this Danny is a very nice guy but like Godatum I'm not so fond of what he says, though the sceen, where he showed how soldierilike the Doctor (esspecialy this doctor) is, was indeed pretty good.
                      As much as I like Capaldis acting, I'm starting to dislike this incarnation of the Doctor, only knowing how he was/can be let me hold on to the character, and maybe this is what this show is about. Actuly we got a nice loop there: the first doctor looked old and was rather childisch sometimes, than the latest doctors, especially 11 looked young but where realy old on teh inside, now we got an old body again, which is again very childish in hin behavior (the way he is behaving around Clara, he seems jealous that she leed a normal live beside him, and seems to play with her: dragging her into advenures, when she's got other plans and blocking her out, when she wants to come).

Did you notice how this "who am I, selfreflcion... theme moved on to Clara as well? At the beginnig she talks to herself in the mirror and later, I think it was, when she tried to explain everything to Danny, we see her reflecion an the windowglas.
                      Last edited by Greenee; 28 September 2014, 04:04 AM.
                      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Ok... I hate saying this, and hope it changes... But... I (so far) don't really like this new Doctor...

And it really annoys me because in pretty much every way he is exactly the Doctor I've been waiting for, but Moffat hasn't delivered on the goods for me... The annoying part is, it's obviously just some plot arc they're running, but ultimately all I can see is people being turned off...

(It's 6 all over again...)
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Oh crikey this episode is somewhat ********....

The Clara / Danny thing is driving me nuts...

But geez overall ********.... I didn't care much for it this week..

This "heaven" place intrigues me. What did the cop see out the window?
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 September 2014, 12:36 AM. Reason: Leave the profanity filter in place.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                            Ok... I hate saying this, and hope it changes... But... I (so far) don't really like this new Doctor...

And it really annoys me because in pretty much every way he is exactly the Doctor I've been waiting for, but Moffat hasn't delivered on the goods for me... The annoying part is, it's obviously just some plot arc they're running, but ultimately all I can see is people being turned off...

(It's 6 all over again...)
                            So far.. it's hard to say what this Doctor is like.. This season so far has been "The Clara Monologues and The Doctor "

The plot arc mystery (yet another mystery, what happened to adventuring?) is more important than the new Doctor.. and not nearly as interesting as the writers think it is..

Comment

This episode made think of the show as a time travel sitcom.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                              X