Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the TARDIS (Spoilers Deep Breath)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the TARDIS (Spoilers Deep Breath)

Howcome Clara says "you've been redecorating?" in the new episode?

Didn't the ship look the same inside when Matt Smith made the last change to the console room?

Why does he still have a 2nd console on the hand railing?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

There have been some changes, but it's not a complete desktop redesign.

Smith's TARDIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrFpjh4KF4U
    Updates for Capaldi's: http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who...a-tardis-tour/

For the most part, it's some console changes (the colour being the most noticeable) and adding items around the outer walkway.

sigpic

Comment

The rotor looks different, he has an armchair, bookshelves and a chalkboard.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

But why do they have that 2nd console on the railing? Does it serve any purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          But why do they have that 2nd console on the railing? Does it serve any purpose?
          You could ask the same thing about the consoles opposite to the main ones.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well end of season four did say that the Tardis was supposed to be operated by multiple people. It would make sense to have a second console because multiple people are required to fly it properly.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Well end of season four did say that the Tardis was supposed to be operated by multiple people. It would make sense to have a second console because multiple people are required to fly it properly.

Yes but usually they all gather around the central console..... Not separate ones unless the TARDIS is now more like The Enterprise.... "cough"

Comment

Yes but usually they all gather around the central console..... Not separate ones unless the TARDIS is now more like The Enterprise.... "cough"
                Maybe it's a backup console?

Speaking of changes in the TARDIS, anyone remember when the Ninth Doctor said that the phone on the TARDIS side didn't work and how creepy it was when the gasmask boy was able to use it?
                Funny how he managed to change that.

Comment

You are forgetting about the First Doctor's TARDIS where there were separate computers, some lining the walls, ie the fault locator.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    You are forgetting about the First Doctor's TARDIS where there were separate computers, some lining the walls, ie the fault locator.

I've never watched the first Doctor's adventures......

However I'd say that TARDIS was to make it seem more "homebrew" and like the one in the Cushing movies.......Did Hartnell's TARDIS have other rooms?

Comment

I've never watched the first Doctor's adventures......

However I'd say that TARDIS was to make it seem more "homebrew" and like the one in the Cushing movies.......Did Hartnell's TARDIS have other rooms?
                      We only saw the console room in the first story, but in The Daleks we see the.. err.. dining room which features a machine that produced wrapped up squares of cheese-like stuff that tasted like whatever the user programed it to taste like...

The next story, Edge of Destruction, was set entirely in the TARDIS (budget and timing restraints), and introduced some funky beds, as well as other living spaces, and more of the food machine...

Console room, showing the bank of "extra" computers along the far wall, of which I think the Fault Locator was one...

Panorama of the reverse view of the console room:

Bedroom:

Food Replicator room:

On a side note... Doctor Who came close to cancellation when the bigwigs saw the cost of producing the TARDIS interior. It wasn't until it was painstakingly pointed out that the console/etc was to be reused for at least the first year, that the bean-counters calmed down...
                      Last edited by cosmichobo; 26 August 2014, 05:48 AM.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

On a side note... Doctor Who came close to cancellation when the bigwigs saw the cost of producing the TARDIS interior. It wasn't until it was painstakingly pointed out that the console/etc was to be reused for at least the first year, that the bean-counters calmed down...
                        Ahh Yes. Doctor Who's MOST VILIANOUS Enemy. The Ones he can NEVER defeat.

The BBC Bean-counters.
                        And this "spare room" was always my most favorite.

http://incoherent.net/wp-content/upl.../04/DWJa01.jpg
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

The TARDIS is infinite on the inside. I'm sure managing it takes quite a few control consoles.

Comment

Is the Tardis interior still only ONE Dimension or have they gone back to it being "dimensions"?
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              Is the Tardis interior still only ONE Dimension or have they gone back to it being "dimensions"?
                              Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Comment

Working...
                              X