Why they couldn't dial Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why they couldn't dial Earth?

Sorry to post this stupid question, I'm sure it's been answered just couldn't find one.

Why Atlantis expedition couldn't dial Earth? Their gate had the ability. Couldn't they afford to use one of the ZPMs? In SG-1 episode Prometheus Unbound it was said they're missing. That implicates there had been connection. did they find more ZPMs? (yes, I've only seen the first three episodes of Atlantis..)
    sigpic
    Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

The expedition didn't have any ZPMs so they didn't have to power to go home
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Prometheus Unbound is a season 8 episode of SG1. Season 8 of SG1 and Season 1 of SGA run side by side. So the reason Atlantis couldn't dial Earth was because they hadn't discovered any ZPM's yet.

Season 8 SG1 - Season 1 SGA.
      Season 9 SG1 - Season 2 SGA.
      Season 10 SG1 - Season 3 SGA.

sigpic

Comment

They could dial Earth if they wanted, but, the 3 ZPMs were depleted, i am not positive on this but didnt they use naquada generators until they could steal some? Im sure someone can be more helpful, its been a long long time since i watched SGA

Ooops, seems i was ninja'd
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't have baked cookies while watching... and I remembered that SG1 season 9 and SGA season 1 ran together. my mistake
          sigpic
          Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Having just recently started my 2nd re-watch of SGA, I think this is how things went:

In SG-1's S08 finale, Alt SG-1 turns timeline to exactly how it was by making the rebellion a success. At the beginning of SGA's S02, Stargate Command sends reinforcements trough BOTH the Stargate and Daedalus. A team beams down from the ship, providing McKay with the needed ZPMs and protection, because the Wraith were attacking Atlantis at the time.

So long story short, it went like this:
            Moebius, Part I: Timeline gets altered.
            Moebius, Part II: Timeline gets re-altered, thus, is put back as how it was before the changing (with a couple of changes as a result from all the timeline-changing).
            Siege, Part III: Daedalus arrives, beams down a team that provides McKay with ZPMs which fill the ZPM slots, thus, bringing the city to full power once again.

Comment

Working...
            X