Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will The Ascended Think Differently? (THREAD SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will The Ascended Think Differently? (THREAD SPOILERS)

Although I havent seen Threads yet, I have however read every spoiler possible lol. And judging on what I read (if correct), Daniel convinced Oma (and possible the rest of the Ascended) to do something about anubis. Which makes me wonder, will the ascended think differently from now on? Or even think differently of us? After all we have 'matured' alot since we first found out about the great alliance and the ancients, you just have to look at how much the Asgard trust us. If the ascended are so wise and all knowing, how come Daniel was able to say enough to convince them to take some form of action?

Spoiler
    Oma did it on her own and the other ancients sorta looked round all suprised, so they prob wont think different
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Spoiler

My interpretation was that the rest of the Ascended were waiting for Oma to truly take responsibility for what she had done by helping Anubis ascend. They seem to be big into that idea judging by season 5's Ascension. She was the one responsible and thus she was the one who had to do something about Anubis, even if it means giving up the work she cared so much about. In that light I think her actions are in accordance to their beliefs and if anything reaffirms that the way the handle things is the correct way.

Comment

The others will not change their views and this will lead to a confrontation with Daniel
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Nordban.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

They should Change there views, the only reson they didnt do anything to anubis is they were punising oma so i anubis is still out there hes screwed.
            but they may still be punishing the accended from sanctuary from the peg galaxy

100th post !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Ancients will remain arrogant jackasses until a new more powerful race comes and lays the smack down on them.

Comment

Well, i agree with Nordban, this would explain how Daniel got back to the SGC, if Oma was fighting i dont think she would be able to do anything elce and send him back, so it must have been the ancients who did it, other wise Anubis could also do other things while fighting. I mean i know he isent as powerfull as Oma so maybe couldent, but i still think they helped him.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Oma did have a bunch of good apprentices, it could have been Shifu or that monk who sent Daniel back.

Comment

Who stopped the countdown then? Oma was busy fighting Anubis, and Daniel descended without actually having any power himself. I believe that the Ancients gained some respect for Daniel and prevented the self-destruct.
                    "Politics"
                    Hammond: "It costs nearly a billion dollars just to turn the lights on around here."
                    O'Neill: "How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage...?"
                    Hammond: "This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel."
                    O'Neill: "Car wash?"

Comment

People kill bacteria all the time, and most don't even think about it. Go brush your teeth - Oops, killed off 10,000 bacteria. Take a shower - Oops, killed off 100,000 bacteria.
                      If you're ascended, then to you humans are about as advanced as bacteria. They're not going to care if they wipe out a bazillion of us because in the grand sceme of things, bacteria are tough critters.
                      I mean, even if Anubis' plan worked and he killed off all life in the Milky Way galaxy, there's still a truckload of humans in Pegasus, including the Atlantis team. The species would survive.

Next time you think of the ascended beings as 'snobs' or 'arrogant', try to imagine how bacteria feel about humans.
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                        People kill bacteria all the time, and most don't even think about it. Go brush your teeth - Oops, killed off 10,000 bacteria. Take a shower - Oops, killed off 100,000 bacteria.
                        If you're ascended, then to you humans are about as advanced as bacteria. They're not going to care if they wipe out a bazillion of us because in the grand sceme of things, bacteria are tough critters.
                        I mean, even if Anubis' plan worked and he killed off all life in the Milky Way galaxy, there's still a truckload of humans in Pegasus, including the Atlantis team. The species would survive.

Next time you think of the ascended beings as 'snobs' or 'arrogant', try to imagine how bacteria feel about humans.
                        I don't, quite, agree with the bacteria analogy because some of the Ascended do concern themselves with humans a) Oma b) Orlin (sp?) and c) Atlantis
                        Spoiler:
                        Chaya in Sanctuary
                        . So I don't think they consider themselves quite *that* far above us. I think we're more like dogs or possibly chimps. Aside from study and experimentation, I don't think anyone is concerned about the bacteria itself ... unlike higher animals.

Which doesn't negate your main point that they aren't really that concerned about us in the same way that most of us aren't concerned about "lower/less evolved" life. Although some of us are.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          The others will not change their views and this will lead to a confrontation with Daniel
                          That could be interesting... I'd like to see the opininion of some non-dissident Ascended. I don't think they're neccessarily wrong to stay out of most things. Most things aren't there concern, and if the step in whenever there's a problem in the universe, life will be pretty stagnant, not to mention boring
                          "We're facing total annihilation!!!"
                          "Ehh, the ancients will fix it..." : opens another beer :
                          However, Anubis was the Ascended's concern. If he had stayed a normal goa'uld, fair enough, but he didn't. So he was their responsibility, and if they were just waiting for Oma to take responsibility, then ... well it seems a little asinine to let so many die so Oma could learn a lesson.

Still, like Jarnin said we don't mean that much to most of the Ascended. Their thinking could be, "It's Oma's rabid dog ... it's up to her to take care of it before it mauls another animal again."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                            Oma did have a bunch of good apprentices, it could have been Shifu or that monk who sent Daniel back.
                            Aren't all the remaining Abydosians, including the de-snaked Klorel, ascended as well, courtesy of Oma? They would have reason to want to help Daniel.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                            X