PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Movie dates revealed till 2019

Teddybrown
July 19th, 2014, 03:50 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/marvel-cinematic-universe-expands-through-2019-27203.htm
So what do you think we are getting?

Starship Trooper
July 19th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Well, I know a third Thor film was confirmed by Marvel, so I imagine that will be in 2017. A lot of people are shouting for a Ragnarok story, but considering where they left off in TDW, I think a Surtur story-line more likely. That's just my personal opinion.

rkgardner2003
July 19th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I thought I read they are already planning 2 more Guardian's movies. Think they would ever bring the Avenger's and the Guardian's together? The combined salaries alone would probably be prohibitive!

Spimman
July 22nd, 2014, 10:31 AM
I thought I read they are already planning 2 more Guardian's movies.

Assuming the first one is a huge hit like they expect, I see that as pretty likely although the 3rd one could potentially be later than 2019.

Think they would ever bring the Avenger's and the Guardian's together? The combined salaries alone would probably be prohibitive!

No I don't for a few reasons.

Speaking of salaries, I've often wondered why they spend so much money on some of these CGI characters using a big name actor to do the voice work. Not sure it USUALLY matters that much. Especially with Vin Diesel as Groot, the guy barely speaks from what I can tell. Who knows, maybe he doesn't make that much.

Starship Trooper
July 22nd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Think they would ever bring the Avenger's and the Guardian's together?

No I don't for a few reasons.

Hmmm... I'd like to hear your reasons, because from the interviews I've seen, and the bits and pieces I've read, it seems like they are linking them up. The word from Joss and Kevin is that Thanos is definitely going to be the big overarching bad-guy who is going to be pulling strings in the background until a final showdown. In Guardians, they're introducing another Infinity Gem, and we've also got Ronan - another link in with Thanos. Then there's the Collector, who we saw receiving the Aether at the end of TDW. Since Odin was nowhere to be seen and Loki took the throne, it appears as though it was Loki who gave the order to have the Aether sent to the Collector.

Personally, I think everything's pointing to a big tie-in.

garhkal
July 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
It does seem that way..

Spimman
July 23rd, 2014, 06:00 AM
Hmmm... I'd like to hear your reasons

1) You mentioned, cost.
2) I think having Marvel having separate Galactic and Earth based stories and teams gives them more options
3) Too many people. Having both teams merge would make for an unmanageable cast and would push people to the back of already full teams
4) I could see maybe one character called in to help, but wouldn't see the need
5) Very different team and organizational dynamics of the 2 groups

Starship Trooper
July 23rd, 2014, 03:10 PM
1) You mentioned, cost.
2) I think having Marvel having separate Galactic and Earth based stories and teams gives them more options
3) Too many people. Having both teams merge would make for an unmanageable cast and would push people to the back of already full teams
4) I could see maybe one character called in to help, but wouldn't see the need
5) Very different team and organizational dynamics of the 2 groups

Oh, I didn't say anything about cost. :) I have no idea how much Marvel pays their actors, but I'm sure they're rolling in it at the moment. It's not just Marvel either - Disney bought them after all. I think when Avengers became the third highest grossing film ever made (at the time anyway), they possibly started worrying a little less about budgets.

Re having so many characters to juggle: I thought that was the point of Marvel carefully building up to the ensemble casts by giving characters their own solo outings first? They build a back-story, let the audience get to know the character, and then it's not a problem when they don't get so much individual screen time in the ensemble movie. This is where DC is going to fall on it's behind with the Justice League - they're trying to play 'catch-up' with Marvel who is already 9 (?), soon to be 10 (?), movies in. (Question marks are for whether or not you count the Hulk with Edward Norton as part of Phase 1 as some do).

BJdavidLS
July 29th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Question marks are for whether or not you count the Hulk with Edward Norton as part of Phase 1 as some do.

Why wouldn't you count it?

Starship Trooper
July 29th, 2014, 07:11 AM

Well, I have counted it, but some people argue against it. I think reasons mentioned are that it's the only one distributed by Universal Studios; it's Edward Norton instead of Mark Ruffalo; etc. etc. IDK.

Spimman
July 29th, 2014, 07:31 AM

August 1: Guardians of the Galaxy:

May 1: The Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17: Ant-Man

May 6: Captain America 3
July 8: Doctor Strange

May 5: Untitled
July 27: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Nov. 3: Untitled

July 6: Untitled
Nov. 2: Untitled

May 3: Untitled

We now know another one.

We finally know the first of the Marvel films that Disney has been setting aside dates for: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 will arrive July 28, 2017.

Source (http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-release-date-july-28-2017-comic-con-marvel/)

I'm wondering if one or two of the empty slots could be single character movies based on members of The Guardians of the Galaxy.

BJdavidLS
July 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Well, I have counted it, but some people argue against it. I think reasons mentioned are that it's the only one distributed by Universal Studios; it's Edward Norton instead of Mark Ruffalo; etc. etc. IDK.

:D

I doesn't matter if some people don't count it, fact is that it is part of the MCU and so it should be counted :)
Lists that don't count it are invalid... Well you know it so I'll just stop ;)

Starship Trooper
July 30th, 2014, 06:02 AM
I'm wondering if one or two of the empty slots could be single character movies based on members of The Guardians of the Galaxy.

I don't know an awful lot about the Guardians comic-books, but I think they were originally introduced, and have always functioned, as a team - unlike Avengers which was a team-up of pre-existing Marvel characters (correct me if I'm wrong here). So, no, I personally don't think there are going to be any solo outings for Guardians characters. One of those will definitely be a solo for a female character, though.

I can't wait for them to release the footage for Age of Ultron. I'm going to see Guardians tomorrow morning so I'm hoping there will be a special preview, but I doubt it.

:D

I doesn't matter if some people don't count it, fact is that it is part of the MCU and so it should be counted :)
Lists that don't count it are invalid... Well you know it so I'll just stop ;)

Exactly. :D

Starsaber
July 30th, 2014, 07:12 AM

Tony Stark is in it played by the same actor as in Phase 1, so it counts. ;)

garhkal
July 30th, 2014, 10:37 PM

What of the first hulk, the one with Eric Bana? Or was that one wiped out of continuity with the Edward norton one?

Starship Trooper
July 31st, 2014, 07:37 AM
What of the first hulk, the one with Eric Bana? Or was that one wiped out of continuity with the Edward norton one?

Although Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were involved in that one, it wasn't actually produced by Marvel and is therefore not part of the MCU.

garhkal
August 1st, 2014, 10:18 PM
Interesting...
Now just gotta wait till they start putting out dr strange previews!