Extant on CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extant on CBS

EXTANT is about astronaut Molly Woods (played by Hallie Berry) trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year-long solo mission in space - pregnant. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.
    Extant Extended Trailer

I get the feeling this will be more soapy than sci-fi, but i am intrigued by the premise, so I intend to check it out. Is anyone else ?

EXTANT premiers on CBS on Wednesday, July 9th at 9:00 p.m./8:00 p.m. Central.

I'm planning on checking it out.
    sigpic

Comment

I´ll also give it a try but I also suspect that the show will be more soap opera and less scifi then I'd like.

Comment

The phrase book and cover come to mind....
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I will check it out. I'm hoping it will be like POI, start out sort of light in the science fiction department and slowly adds more science fiction concepts and ideas as the show goes on and it builds an audience and fans base.

I

Comment

I'm going to check it out too, hopeful it's not too drama heavy.

Comment

I really liked the first episode, I'm definitely going to watch the next one.
              sigpic

Comment

Me too, that was fun.
                sigpic

Comment

I watched tonight's episode, and after seeing scenes from future episodes I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Comment

yes I liked it too, will definitely be continuing to watch.
                    Spoiler:
                    So far I already don't like her current hubby seems so self absorbed. Interested to see what info the supposedly dead colleague has for her

Comment

Guess I'll spoiler everything:
                      Spoiler:
                      To me, it was soapy. But there's enough intrigue and mystery to make me watch a few more before I decide whether to keep watching or not. Yes, the husband is very self-absored. Also, it doesn't make sense for space missions to be solo flights. They could probably explain it by saying technology has advanced far enough for such a thing to happen, but kinda iffy regardless.

I wonder if her former colleague was also impregnated in space. The kid seemed to be practicing human expressions in front of the mirror when she was watching him before taking him out for ice cream. I wonder why the husband guy hasn't inserted a cam into the kid for the purposes of his 'science'. Seems eccentric billionaire is the way things science will be funded in the future.

Also, is she a biologist? How come she didn't have to be in a wheelchair after a long time in space? Eh, I suspect this will be a science-light or ignore-science type of show anyways.

Comment

Her not needing a wheel chair is explained by the fact that the space station has "gravity" from its spin and so she wasn't exposed to prolonged zero G. The show actually did a pretty good job of showing that as she went further into the station the gravity became less because the central-fugal forces diminish the closer you get to the center.

Comment

I was kinda surprised by this. Gonna keep watching. First time in a while I watched a sci-fi show that I'd describe as legitimately creepy. The soundtrack, while simple, did a lot to ramp up the tension in the right places...
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I liked it.
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree with others about the husband, self absorbed and blinded by his hopes for the "son". He's obviously going to be lots of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                              Her not needing a wheel chair is explained by the fact that the space station has "gravity" from its spin and so she wasn't exposed to prolonged zero G. The show actually did a pretty good job of showing that as she went further into the station the gravity became less because the central-fugal forces diminish the closer you get to the center.
                              It wasn't rotating fast enough to generate that kind of artificial gravity equivalent to that of Earth's. But eh, I can roll with it I guess.

I was kind of expecting there to be more of a surveillance state kind of deal in such a future or at least her house being under surveillance at all times because of the company's interest in her.

Comment

Working...
                              X