Melinda May/Ming-Na Wen Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melinda May/Ming-Na Wen Discussion/Appreciation

I love the actress Ming-Na Wen and her character Agent Melinda May. When the TV show first aired, I had not seen *any* of the Marvel films (yeah, weird, I know) and what brought me to the show was the fact that Joss Whedon was part of the creative team and that Ming-Na Wen was going to be in the cast.

I'd love for others to share their love for Melinda May and/or Ming-Na Wen here!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Found this terrific recap of Ming-Na Wen's panel at Supanova in Sydney, Australia. I totally wish I could have been there to see it!

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2...supanova-2014/
    sigpic

Comment

For those who don't know, Zachary Levi (star of Chuck) has been hosting these panels for Nerd HQ every year during San Diego Comic Con. All the proceeds go to Operation Smile. The panels always consist of Q&A with the audience, but sometimes it's just one celebrity guest, sometimes two or a group. I don't know how many times he has done mystery panels like this one, but I think this may have been his first all-female mystery panel. The title: A Conversation with Badass Women Mystery Guests. The six guests:

Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck)
      Retta (Parks and Recreation)
      Missy Peregrym (Reaper, Heroes)
      Jennifer Morrison (Once Upon a Time)
      Ming-Na Wen
      Sophie Turner (Game of Thrones)

I know Jennifer Morrison from House (never watched Once Upon a Time) and I've know Missy Peregrym from her stint on Heroes (in season 1) and the film Stick It. I didn't know anything about the other women on the panel (besides Ming-Na, of course). It doesn't matter. Watch this vid and enjoy!

A Conversation With Badass Women Mystery Guests
      sigpic

Comment

For those who follow Ming-Na Wen on Twitter, her throwback Thursday pic yesterday was a production photo of her and Neil Patrick Harris (Dr. Horrible, How I Met Your Mother) from a James Lapine play they did together in 1993. They look so cute! If I could post or link the pic, I would.
        sigpic

Comment

Ming-Na Wen and Brett Dalton take part in the ALS ice bucket challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26BXrMwwjDI
          sigpic

Comment

Ming-Na posted this on Twitter and Facebook on Saturday:

Just trained for 5 hrs with my stunt double @SamWJo. So much for stay-cation... at least I was home. #AgentsofSHIELD

Ming Na and stunt double.jpeg

God, I love Ming-Na Wen. CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!! Only 8 days left!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Agents of SHIELD will be part of PaleyFest NY this year (on Sun 10/19). Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow. (So far only patrons and general members have had access to tickets.)

The panel includes Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, and producer Jeph Loeb.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-ny-2014/
              sigpic

Comment

I like her character on the show too. I hope they give her some back story or even forward story too.

sigpic

Comment

Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg are my favorites on Agents of SHIELD - can't get enough of them. Like you, I'd love to know more about Melinda May and I'm willing to bet we will find out a little bit this season. Would *love* to see her mother again. (Hey - SHIELD needs all the help it can get right now!)

As you saw from my post in the other thread (about the episode Shadows), my current theory is that Lance Hunter (the British mercenary) and Melinda May were briefly married. I know, as theories go it's a bit out there...but he does briefly mention an ex-wife (and Coulson's response was something like, "You should have listened to her") and we know May had been married once.

And just found this vid that was posted a couple of days ago - it's a TV Guide photoshoot and short interview with the cast at San Diego Comic Con. (Wonder why this wasn't out last month?) Anyway, love seeing the cast be goofy together. And Ming-Na is gorgeous (as usual):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZIlieL1ytE
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, her mom! I forgot about her mom being some kind of retired agent too. So it runs in her blood like the new guy who's dad worked for SHIELD. Maybe we'll find out who she was married to like we found out about Coulson's gf, but I just like seeing her with Coulson. I'm not saying they should get together anytime soon, but they do make a great team. She and Ward were interesting together until we found out he was rogue.

Nice video! They all look so happy there together. I hope they're having fun this season too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                      Yeah, her mom! I forgot about her mom being some kind of retired agent too. So it runs in her blood like the new guy who's dad worked for SHIELD. Maybe we'll find out who she was married to like we found out about Coulson's gf, but I just like seeing her with Coulson. I'm not saying they should get together anytime soon, but they do make a great team. She and Ward were interesting together until we found out he was rogue.
                      Trip's grandfather was one of the original Howling Commandos. It's a nice connection to the Captain America movie and a possible connection to Agent Carter.

I thought that the Ward/May hookup was an interesting one. I never believed there was an actual emotional involvement on either side of that relationship. Deep down I am a Philinda shipper, but I do think it would be weird for that sort of relationship to be happening right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been OBSESSED with these pics from season 2 episode 4 (I Will Face My Enemy) ever since they were posted:

http://tvline.com/gallery/marvels-ag...ason-2-photos/

And then the promo for the episode:

Promo for I Will Face My Enemy

And the sneak peek:

see-a-sneak-preview-of-face-my-enemy

Oct. 14th can't come soon enough!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X