• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Woman's Work (206)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON TWO
    THIS WOMAN'S WORK
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    After a Votan ship crashes near Defiance Pottinger asks Nolan for help in recovering its precious cargo -- only to discover a creature of war escaped and on a rampage. Stahma considers a feminist revolution for the Castithan wives, and Tommy witnesses the creature inside of Irisa at work.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 January 2015, 08:36 PM.

So Pottinger comes across less of a putz. And Stahma....well she's got more of a backbone than her hubby gives her credit for.

Had to shake my head at the random 'who's shagging whom' bit, then realized it kinda set things up for next week and we find out that, as whacked as he is, pottinger is saner than his boss.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The ending was a bit weird. We know little about Mercado and then they spring this on us, kind of makes anything that follows still seem weird.

Comment

^^Agree with that, for sure. And was that Christie all dressed up that he was attracted too?

Comment

Love the whole are arc hunting expedition, and Gulanee were awesome and so is Berlin. The whole Castithans story line is just so boring and dragging the show down, the Gylanee could have wipe them all out and I would have been cheering it on. Irisa Nyira and Tommy LaSalle storyline really need to get the move on, it move nowhere since episode 2.
          This show need more Galanee, less religious and female rebellion bullcrap.

Comment

Loved Stahma and how she framed that religious leader for murder. Loved Datak and Rafe talking together in that trailer. I'm glad that Irisa was finally able to tell someone else what's been going on with her (or at least what's been going on, as far as she knows). I really liked Pottinger in this episode; he seemed to really care about that Bioman, and I kind of felt bad when Churchill(?) died. I really liked the interaction between Nolan and Pottinger.

The episode got a bit weird towards the end. Nolan hooking up with Berlin seemed seems like it was done just to add more drama/tension to the already tense relationship between Nolan and Tommy (and probably Irisa too). I wasn't too fond of that hook-up. Thing with Christie and the E-Rep leader made me lol. I hope Amanda ends up blackmailing the E-Rep guy over the whole dressing up as a Castithan thing (I'm thinking that she probably will in order to keep Pottinger in town).
            sigpic

Comment

I tnd to agree.Nolan shagging Berlin...why? Dude can't get any with amanda so he takes the first offer he gets? So that part doesn't quite make sense, at least from my interpretation of the character.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I tnd to agree.Nolan shagging Berlin...why? Dude can't get any with amanda so he takes the first offer he gets? So that part doesn't quite make sense, at least from my interpretation of the character.
                The only rule he has is no harms his daughter apart from that he has shown few to no morals. An it not like Noland and Amanda have formalise their relationship or even agree that they are exclusive couple. An remember this is Noland that have slept with her and her sister.
                Personally I'm shock he hasn't slept with more of the town folks but then there are few in town that are as good looking as Berlin, Amanda and Kenya.

Comment

I am surprise that Nolan shagging Berlin!!! What would Irisa think???
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Loved Stahma and how she framed that religious leader for murder. Loved Datak and Rafe talking together in that trailer. I'm glad that Irisa was finally able to tell someone else what's been going on with her (or at least what's been going on, as far as she knows). I really liked Pottinger in this episode; he seemed to really care about that Bioman, and I kind of felt bad when Churchill(?) died. I really liked the interaction between Nolan and Pottinger.

The episode got a bit weird towards the end. Nolan hooking up with Berlin seemed seems like it was done just to add more drama/tension to the already tense relationship between Nolan and Tommy (and probably Irisa too). I wasn't too fond of that hook-up. Thing with Christie and the E-Rep leader made me lol. I hope Amanda ends up blackmailing the E-Rep guy over the whole dressing up as a Castithan thing (I'm thinking that she probably will in order to keep Pottinger in town).
                    Spot on take on the first half of the episode and yes it did get odd at the end.

My thoughts are that Pottinger with all his hidden cameras will be the one to blackmail the E-Rep leader.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    The only rule he has is no harms his daughter apart from that he has shown few to no morals. An it not like Noland and Amanda have formalise their relationship or even agree that they are exclusive couple. An remember this is Noland that have slept with her and her sister.
                    Personally I'm shock he hasn't slept with more of the town folks but then there are few in town that are as good looking as Berlin, Amanda and Kenya.
                    I agree pretty much on this. Nolan is an outlaw and whatever "loose" relationship he and Amanda had was sort of ended by here. I thought it was odd because he basically disrespected her a ton up to that point.

Originally posted by yukin1990 View Post
                    I am surprise that Nolan shagging Berlin!!! What would Irisa think???
                    Irisa is used to seeing that side of him and won't care, if anything it solidifies and ending to the relationship between Tommy and Berlin so she might be happy about it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X