• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the Damage On (205)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON TWO
    PUTTING THE DAMAGE ON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    When Amanda is terrorized by a stalker, she begins to wonder if her disturbing experiences are hallucinations. Yewll receives an Indogene visitor from her past, and Stahma makes Rafe a proposal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 September 2014, 08:52 PM.

It took me a while to catch on the exactly what was going on, but this was an interesting episode with less overall story arc stuff...but still had some. I need to watch it again now that I know what is going on. I'm still unsure of Pottinger's motive, but suspect it some kind of jealousy of that guy from his dreams. Also makes me think he was the rapist a long time ago.

Interesting potential alliance at the end. I'd like to learn more about the Votan Collective, seems like they'd have a lot more technology.
    sigpic

Comment

From what little we know about the Votannis Collective, it's even worse than the Earth Republic. I'm not quite sure I understood the implication of what Pottinger's memory was. He was stalking Amanda beforehand? He was stalking Amanda's fiance?

The one thing that kinda struck me as really amusing is the the scene between Christie and the DJ woman. That's the same woman who made out with Alak a few episodes ago right? I thought that scene might result in Christie getting upset with him and straining the marriage. Instead is she having an affair with that woman instead? If so, Not a direction for that couple I was expecting.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I think it'll turn out Pottinger was the rapist and the ghost was Amanda's boyfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          I think it'll turn out Pottinger was the rapist and the ghost was Amanda's boyfriend.
          What?????

Is Amanda a copy, made via the EGO device?

Wasn't that astronaut in season 1 a copy too? In fact he was an Idongene like Mayor Nikki....

So they were on Earth before the Arks arrived copying people WHY???????

EVIL THOSE ALIENS! I tell ya evil I was right

And I think Pottinger was the guy that raped Amanda and that's why she had an abortion
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I tend to agree with that theory. Pottinger comes across as a weak person that's pretending to be tougher than he is, and to do that he flusters and blusters a lot...and bullies when he can. Wanting Amanda, not being noticed by Amanda, that could drive his personality type to taking what he wants...and then would live in fear of being found out.
            It's very likely that he killed her boyfriend, possibly because the boyfriend accused him, or also part of some twisted 'if the competition is out of the way, she'll turn to me' theory. That could fit in with why he wants her memories...how much does she know/remember? what can he use to get power over her? etc.

He's an obsessive stalker who, generally, doesn't have the ability/backbone to actually do anything up front, so he plots and plans and manipulates.

Nolan is gonna end up killing him or at least be accused of killing him while someone else does.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I tend to agree with that theory. Pottinger comes across as a weak person that's pretending to be tougher than he is, and to do that he flusters and blusters a lot...and bullies when he can. Wanting Amanda, not being noticed by Amanda, that could drive his personality type to taking what he wants...and then would live in fear of being found out.
              It's very likely that he killed her boyfriend, possibly because the boyfriend accused him, or also part of some twisted 'if the competition is out of the way, she'll turn to me' theory. That could fit in with why he wants her memories...how much does she know/remember? what can he use to get power over her? etc.

He's an obsessive stalker who, generally, doesn't have the ability/backbone to actually do anything up front, so he plots and plans and manipulates.

Nolan is gonna end up killing him or at least be accused of killing him while someone else does.

Probably and I'll feel sorry for Nolan if that happens. So far this series is hoping for a 3rd...... How can they possibly wrap everything up?

I mean now it's totally not clear about the purity of the Votans and why they came to Earth.... It is all very muddy indeed. Earth should have said "bugger off" when the Arks first went into orbit.. Instead it all became a bit messy.

I suspect the Indogenes were on Earth at that time too since they were around a long while before the Arks.. Still I was hoping they wouldn't go down the evil alien route.. sigh

OK at the start of season 1 I had developed a crazy theory about the Votans

What if the Arks were all empty except for maybe a small crew on each Ark in case it's attacked along their journey and they are woken up to defend the ships and then go back to sleep. Those were the ones Nolan and Irisa found in the Arkfall inside their freezing tubes..

These were the ones that also made it down to Earth to ask for immigration.....

When the terraforming began the Arks contained all the gene banks of the Votan races and these mixed with humans in the terraforming so what was killed off in humanity became the Votans.......

But that all changed after the episode with the astronaut dude?
              Last edited by Coco Pops; 21 July 2014, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                What?????

Is Amanda a copy, made via the EGO device?

Wasn't that astronaut in season 1 a copy too? In fact he was an Idongene like Mayor Nikki....

So they were on Earth before the Arks arrived copying people WHY???????

EVIL THOSE ALIENS! I tell ya evil I was right

And I think Pottinger was the guy that raped Amanda and that's why she had an abortion
                No I meant the 'ghost' that Pottinger hallunicated was Amanda's boyfriend.

Skydiver got it, Amanda was engaged to (can't remember his name), Pottinger raped Amanda, Amanda left boyfriend and got abortion and ended up in Defiance, boyfriend probably worked it out and confronted Pottinger, who killed him to keep him silent.

The only thing I can't work out is why they showed Irisa as being one of the ship's technicians in the opening episode of season 2, this does itself suggest she is a clone, or copy or whatever.

Freaky Doctor implanted those devices so that Pottiger could spy on Amanda more than he already does (obviously to try and work out how to make her fall in love with him) but then the devices malfunctioned causing the three of them to haulicinate their most traumantic experiences, for the doc it was letting her girlfriend die, for pottinger it was raping his best friends fiancee and having to kill his friend to cover it up and for Amanda it was the rape experience itself, she never knew who it was so her subconscious inserted Nolan as the rapist because he is the person she is presently sleeping with.

Pottinger is your classic obsessive sociopath (I think that's the term). Nolan has already worked this out, but he hasn't yet cottoned on that Pottinger was the rapist, that'll probably happen in the final episode of the season.
                Last edited by Ian-S; 22 July 2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Wasn't Amanda's fiancé, Connor, killed last season by Datak during the episode with the plague?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Wasn't Amanda's fiancé, Connor, killed last season by Datak during the episode with the plague?

Was that Connor? Or is it another guy called Connor too?

Comment

I think the Connor that was killed by Datak(?) was supposed to be the ex-fiancé, and he's the guy that that Pottinger had the vision of; he could have been a copy though, I suppose(I forget do they bleed the same?), or the vision could have been just messing with him, by saying that he(Connor) didn't really die in Defiance.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the Connor that was killed by Datak(?) was supposed to be the ex-fiancé, and he's the guy that that Pottinger had the vision of; he could have been a copy though, I suppose(I forget do they bleed the same?), or the vision could have been just messing with him, by saying that he(Connor) didn't really die in Defiance.

Well that's interesting if that is the case.

I just want to know how they plan to tie up the whole story with so many plots and loose ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Well that's interesting if that is the case.

I just want to know how they plan to tie up the whole story with so many plots and loose ends.
                          I'm curious to see how they're going to tie everything up too, but I think everything is really interesting so far. I'm also curious about what kind of experiments were done to Pottinger(did they say?). Maybe he's a sleeper Indogene copy and the vision of Connor was reminding him or hinting at what happened in the past with the experiments (and not just letting us know that he was kind of psycho, sleazy and obsessed with Connor). LOL maybe everyone's a copy
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm curious to see how they're going to tie everything up too, but I think everything is really interesting so far. I'm also curious about what kind of experiments were done to Pottinger(did they say?). Maybe he's a sleeper Indogene copy and the vision of Connor was reminding him or hinting at what happened in the past with the experiments (and not just letting us know that he was kind of psycho, sleazy and obsessed with Connor). LOL maybe everyone's a copy

Brain explodes!!!!!!!!!!

Now wouldn't that be a twist?

Comment

There's only been one Connor, and he was killed by Datak.

I don't think Pottinger was the rapist, yes it appeared that he wanted everything that Connor had but I think we did not want to hurt Connor in any way so raping Amanda would have been the wrong way to go about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X