Supernatural has gone down hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural has gone down hill

I love supernatural and still watch it every week, but...... Ever since season 4 they have these long archs of story usually about the angels and heaven and it's starting to get boring, I mean the series is still good but it has gone down hill. I mean season 1 had some amazing episodes and I get why they can't go back to that since the story has evolved so much but it just seems like all humour and actions now, it doesn't have the creepyness it use to have.

Opinions?

I think the show has certainly evolved, and changed from it's original format because that story arc played out in Swan Song. But saying it's 'gone downhill' is a subjective opinion and only accounts for you personal view of the new story arcs. Some people might feel it's gotten better because it's changed from the 'monster of the week' to something more cohesive. It's all opinion, really. I think it would be more apt to say "I don't like the new storylines" than to say "The show as gone downhill."

Personally, season 7 was my least favorite season. But that's just my opinion.
    sigpic
    Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
    --Angels in America

Comment

I agree about the 'creepiness' factor that has gone. I liked that element of the early Supernatural seasons too.

I think Supernatural is suffering a bit from the same syndrome that afflicted the latter part of SG-1 and SGA, 'the easy fix'. Nothing seems to be as overwhelming for the Winchesters as it was initially. Every mystery and evil thing was faced with some trepidation and uncertainty. Now they are fighting forces with a somewhat jaded approach that are mind boggling really and they are still alive!!! The show has stretched suspension of disbelief to the limit since the end of season 6 for me.

I continue to watch as the show still has interesting storylines with good twists on well worn themes. Not forgetting some great characters and humour thrown in. So I can't say that it has gone down hill, it's just pausing on the brow of the hill and I'm hoping the well worn brakes don't fail.

Comment

You summed up how I feel about the show even better then I did, 100% agree
        Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I agree about the 'creepiness' factor that has gone. I liked that element of the early Supernatural seasons too.

I think Supernatural is suffering a bit from the same syndrome that afflicted the latter part of SG-1 and SGA, 'the easy fix'. Nothing seems to be as overwhelming for the Winchesters as it was initially. Every mystery and evil thing was faced with some trepidation and uncertainty. Now they are fighting forces with a somewhat jaded approach that are mind boggling really and they are still alive!!! The show has stretched suspension of disbelief to the limit since the end of season 6 for me.

I continue to watch as the show still has interesting storylines with good twists on well worn themes. Not forgetting some great characters and humour thrown in. So I can't say that it has gone down hill, it's just pausing on the brow of the hill and I'm hoping the well worn brakes don't fail.

Comment

Yeah you are entirely correct. Seems like they just ran out of good ideas, so they started thinking of all kinds of weird things. The show is saved much by Jensen Ackles, who is funny in his own way. Hey, have a hamburger.

It's a shame, the series had potential to be a lot better. But I liked the first seasons.

Comment

I agree; after years of watching the show weekly, I have begun binge watching it once the season is over and missing more episodes than I am actually watching.

Comment

Working...
            X