X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's the END of that!

G'day,

I'll admit, this hurts a bit... but - Thank-you, Steven Moffat!

Finally, unequivocally, without a shadow of doubt - the Doctor does NOT always regenerate younger!!!

Not only do we know know that the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann, 54 years old) turned into the War Doctor, (John Hurt, 74 years old), but have also seen the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith, 31 years old) turn into the err... new Doctor (Peter Capaldi, 56 years old).

Never again do we have to put up with the "but he always gets younger" crap that the kiddlings used to trot out whenever you'd dare mention the idea of the Doctor getting mature again...

Cheers,

cosmic

PS This thread inspired by several years of being repeatedly told "but he only gets younger!" in response to my YouTube video suggesting Julian Richings (Death, Supernatural) as the next Doctor...)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

It was never true to start with

Jon Pertwee, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Christopher Eccleston were all older than their immediate predecessors when they started.

though I will point out that in Night of The Doctor, the Eighth Doctor regenerated into what looks like a young John Hurt and that apparently the War Doctor had a long tenure fighting in the war and growing old until we see him in Day of The Doctor.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Indeed, it was never true... but if you trawl through the comments on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyRVW8IXscg

you'll find again and again people saying "But he can't get older, he only regenerates younger", etc.

Yes, admittedly they did show Hurt as a young man in Night of... I believe the image was from Alien, or there abouts... making him approx 39...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Funny thing is that Moffat actually was looking for someone older when he was casting the 11th Doctor, complaining about how many young guys were auditioning - and in walked Matt and changed his mind, lol. But Matt won him over because while he was very young, he had a very old quality about him, and he says that with Capaldi it's the opposite - he's an older man, but he has a very young quality about him.
        sigpic
        My Site || My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
          Funny thing is that Moffat actually was looking for someone older when he was casting the 11th Doctor, complaining about how many young guys were auditioning - and in walked Matt and changed his mind, lol. But Matt won him over because while he was very young, he had a very old quality about him, and he says that with Capaldi it's the opposite - he's an older man, but he has a very young quality about him.
          That's the big thing about The Doctor's. The older a Doctor is the more petulant and immature they are. The younger they are the more sage and world weary they seem, and in Matt Smith's case, downright senile. That is a severe generalization though. In the end, each Doctor is their own man.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
          X