starting to watch ( disappointed )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting to watch ( disappointed )

Finally watched the avengers movie last night and followed it with first episode of agents of shield today

I'm really disappointed with it was hoping for a hard hitting series all I seemed to get was 90210 for the marvel universe a series full of over acting teenagers is not my idea of fun these days.

I really wanted this to be good so my expectations may have been set high

the only saving grace was Coulson before I clear some space on my hard disk have to ask it it gets better

In my opinion it does get better once it has a chance to establish its own story. It's also quite unfair to compare it to 90210, especially given that none of the main cast are teenagers.
    Last edited by Britta; 26 May 2014, 10:27 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Yeah it certainly gets steadily better. The first half of the season makes good casual viewing, then the second half happens which suddenly becomes so much better....... and the last quarter essentially punches you in the face and steals your bus money.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hang in there, it gets much better.

Comment

Honestly it does get better. Keep watching.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

thanks folks will watch a few more tonight after work Ive read on other forums people saying similar things to myself

when dose it really pick up the pace ?

Comment

I think most people say TRACKS was the one where it got good. I think it was a bit before that, but your mileage may vary. The last quarter starts with End of the Beginning.

Comment

I think that was where it got consistently good. F.Z.Z.T and The Hub from the first half are great episodes too.

Comment

The second half of the season gets really good, I was surprised after initially being disappointed and disliking the character for a while.
                  Spoiler:
                  The fallout from the events of The Winter Soldier is wonderful and gave me alot of hope for the show's future. In the end it turned out to be actually relevant in relation to the MCU.

Comment

yep have just watched TRACKS and can say it was like a different show

has left me wanting more

Comment

I thought it changed after coulson was kidnapped.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

My thoughts are that the season got better as it progressed. I cannot put a finger on which episode marked the change.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

now got to the end and wanting more hoping the shift in the slot by an hour for season 2 means it will get slightly darker in nature

pleased as its a tv series they did not revert to the hoff as Fury

Comment

Timeslots rarely have anything to do with story tone no matter how much the PTC whines.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by linux geek View Post
                              now got to the end and wanting more hoping the shift in the slot by an hour for season 2 means it will get slightly darker in nature

pleased as its a tv series they did not revert to the hoff as Fury
                              I actually only saw the finale yesterday myself. Loved how the finale was somewhat understated. It was less about defeating the bad guys with brute strength and more about simply outwitting them. Plus you have to love Coulson and Fury making fun of Garrett.

Comment

Working...
                              X