PDA

View Full Version : There's No Place Like Home (322)

GateWorld
May 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM
<DIV ALIGN="center"><TABLE WIDTH="450" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="7"><TR><TD STYLE="border: none;"><DIV ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, san-serif" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/once-upon-a-time/s3/theres-no-place-like-home/"><!IMG SRC="http://www.scifistream.com/wp-content/uploads/theres-no-place-like-home-160x120.jpg" WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="120" ALIGN="right" HSPACE="10" VSPACE="2" BORDER="0" STYLE="border: 1px black solid;" ALT="Visit the Episode Guide"></A><FONT SIZE="1" COLOR="#888888">ONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=4><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/once-upon-a-time/s3/theres-no-place-like-home/" STYLE="text-decoration: none">THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME</A></FONT>
<FONT SIZE="1">EPISODE NUMBER - 322</FONT>
<DIV STYLE="margin-top:10px; padding:0;">In their quest to discover a way home to Storybrooke, Emma and Hook must be careful not to change anything or risk altering the lives of their friends and family -- as well as their very own existence. <I>(ABC)</I></DIV>
<FONT SIZE=1><B><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/once-upon-a-time/s3/theres-no-place-like-home/">VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >></A></B></FONT></FONT></DIV></TD></TR></TABLE></DIV>

Skydiver
May 11th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Ok, so I only caught the ending (sorry, game of thrones wins) but Frozen?????

rotflolol

So queen elsa here we go.

Jeffer
May 11th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Poor Regina she just can't catch a break. I'm not a fan of maid Marion coming in I hope her appearance is short lived

Morgania
May 11th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Aw, Prince Neal. He did trade the ship! And also... shippy snogging!

tomstone
May 11th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Aw, Prince Neal. He did trade the ship! And also... shippy snogging!

Why the Spoiler tag? At least I was right about something and it led to an awesome shipping moment, so I am happy. However I did not really like this Episode, it was a nice adventure and it had my interrest, but it was pretty unexciting for the most part.

The ending however has me still screaming. Why did you have to mess with Reginas Happy end? Why? I really hope Marion doesnt stick around, but we have another Visitor after all so she might have to Acompany her for one reason or another. (Here is hoping)

As for Elsa...... *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Woke up my Dad with the scream that came out when I saw the Dress. I cant wait to see what they are going to do with her.

Morgania
May 11th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I'm being spoiler cautious, I guess.

Knew as soon as she was mentioned, they'd end up saving Marian. I was right about Hook punching his past self over Emma. That must have been weird to watch.

Poor Regina. Worried she might go back to her evil ways.

rkgardner2003
May 12th, 2014, 02:27 AM
I thought this was a pretty cool episode. I think we all knew something was going to happen to make Regina go back to her evil ways, I was not expecting the woman to be Maid Marian however. Of course Rumple will be found out eventually, poor Belle will never learn and she always gets hurt. I'm glad Emma has her magic back and I wonder how long she and Hook will be happy. Not sure what to think about Elsa, isn't she a good guy?!

Skydiver
May 12th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Elsa was both good and bad.

In the movie she had her powers, which inadvertently hurt Anna, so she tried to control and smother them and was afraid of them. So they kept coming up. She had an outburst at her coronation and was called a monster by a duke from a rival kingdom.

She fled, anna chased her, eventually Elsa was captured and taken back to her kingdom in chains (an eventually botched grab for power). the turning point came when anna sacrificed her life to save Elsa and the act of love allowed Elsa to accept her powers and no longer fear them, and that lack of fear gave her control.

at the end she's the beloved queen with people accepting her powers instead of fearing her.

So both good and bad, but really she is just wrongly feared and misunderstood. So she's not really evil.

Although after the OTT wicked of Zelena I'm ready for someone that's not all that bad. Zelena was getting on my nerves.

mr_kennedy
May 12th, 2014, 06:11 AM
i'm guessing with frozen's success we got a new Mayor in town :lol:

Mrja84
May 12th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I hope they stop messing with Regina. Though she isn't pure good. She was just channeling her love.

The crux of the situation is going to fall on Robin Hood and whether he wants to be with Marion. Though I get the sense that Robin does love and want to be Regina, so maybe he will opt for share custody of the boy.

Then again, what kind of person is Marion? She still sees Regina as the Evil Queen. So I imagine if there's any friction it will surely be between Marion and Regina over Regina's presence in her son's life.

I do wonder what Robin would think knowing it was Regina that actually killed Marion? Though through an execution not her own hands.

I'm far more interested in that drama then whatever "big bad" they want to introduce next year. Too bad it couldn't be Jarfar.

Jennifer Morrison did a terrific job this episode, just great acting. And I LOVE, LOVE seeing old Rumple in all his impish glee. That is just terrific. I cannot imagine anyone else doing that, nor can I see anyone doing that without the makeup except Robert Carlyle.

Morgania
May 12th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Head cannon... after the ceremony, Emma and Killian watch Back to the Future.

They're not really main characters...but what happened to Captain Jones' crew? Are they stuck in Storybrooke after their captain decided to be a hero?

garhkal
May 12th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Ok, so I only caught the ending (sorry, game of thrones wins) but Frozen?????

rotflolol

So queen elsa here we go.

Perhaps rather than 'frozen' its the Ice queen from Narnia lore?

The ending however has me still screaming. Why did you have to mess with Reginas Happy end? Why? I really hope Marion doesnt stick around, but we have another Visitor after all so she might have to Acompany her for one reason or another. (Here is hoping)

They were spending a lot of time on the Regina-Robin angle, which to me would be stupid if now its going to be ruined by Emma's bringing back of Marion. BUT that is what happens when you mess with time! Paradoxes and other problems..

I thought this was a pretty cool episode. I think we all knew something was going to happen to make Regina go back to her evil ways, I was not expecting the woman to be Maid Marian however. Of course Rumple will be found out eventually, poor Belle will never learn and she always gets hurt. I'm glad Emma has her magic back and I wonder how long she and Hook will be happy. Not sure what to think about Elsa, isn't she a good guy?!

I loved it Emma got her magic back. But i do wonder why it took so long for her to do so. Also i wonder, how did rumble know she was using it? Does he have some sort of perma scry into that room?

As for Rump/belle, i hope this changes his thoughts on whether to keep the dagger for real.

I do wonder what Robin would think knowing it was Regina that actually killed Marion? Though through an execution not her own hands.

That's a good point. Had the time line not gotten messed with, Marion would have been killed at the hands of the evil queen. BUT did she know who it was she was executing or not?

majorsal
May 12th, 2014, 05:46 PM
i liked the two-part season finale! :D

but i didn't love them.

maybe it was just overload or something. :p

thoughts...

naming the baby neil was too uninspired for me. i was expecting something bigger. maybe name it 'Home'. :p

why won't they let regina be happy? she *deserves* this!

but speaking about this new love triangle... when regina was shown the man in the bar (the love of her life), and she looked and only saw the tattoo... what if the man she saw wasn't really robin, but one of his men? maybe they share similar tattoos? :p

i really think robin should be with marian. it's their love story, and they have a child together.

and didn't we just know bringing back that woman would bite them in the behind!? :p

i've never seen 'frozen', but i play the game on my phone, so i thought that woman at the end seemed familiar. :p

tomstone
May 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Nope, that Dress, Hair, and Magic all looks like Elsa. So it would be odd to not acknowledge her Backstory.

I loved it Emma got her magic back. But i do wonder why it took so long for her to do so. Also i wonder, how did rumble know she was using it? Does he have some sort of perma scry into that room?

Her Magic is screwing with her, just like she could not see the Book at first. She did not want to have Magic so she didnt. Rumple is known to be able to see or better, sense things.

Morgania
May 12th, 2014, 09:52 PM
As for Elsa... she was trapped in Rumple's vault for a while, maybe she just wants to get home. Though being stuck in a jar isn't good for one's mood.

hedwig
May 13th, 2014, 08:34 AM

The writers have confirmed that she's from "Frozen".

Briangate78
May 13th, 2014, 09:00 AM
The writers have confirmed that she's from "Frozen".

They really are going down the list of Disney characters. If Simba shows up next season, I really won't know what to think, lol.

Morgania
May 13th, 2014, 09:17 AM
They really are going down the list of Disney characters. If Simba shows up next season, I really won't know what to think, lol.

Aladdin has to show up first. Jafar already turned into a genie.

jelgate
May 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Frozen was a little after my time of watching Disney movies. I think this is the first story I am not familiar with. Probably will make for more interesting watching next season.

Skydiver
May 13th, 2014, 04:02 PM
They already made the lion king joke 'you're not going to hold him up like simba are you'

Briangate78
May 14th, 2014, 07:50 AM
They already made the lion king joke 'you're not going to hold him up like simba are you'

LOL, yeah I remember that. I guess when you have a show on a network owned by Disney, there will be a lot of Disney references and characters showing up.

Morgania
May 14th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I still kinda want to see a fairy tale character that isn't as well known. Or somebody who doesn't have a Disney counterpart yet.

Skydiver
May 15th, 2014, 03:06 PM
The hard part abut that, they'd need to buy the rights. If they use characters already owned byDisney then it's easier and cheaper.

Not saying I don't agree with you, just saying it's a complicated thing

garhkal
May 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
In that case. Where is merry poppins or the car from Chitty-chitty-bang-bang? Or better yet, Puff the magic dragon!

jelgate
May 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Not really fairy tales

majorsal
May 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
i want regina to be happy, to find a loving relationship, but to be honest, i'm not really into the actor they picked to play robin hood, so i think that's part of why i won't be really disappointed if it doesn't work out. besides, the robin/marian ship is supposed to win. :p

garhkal
May 24th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Plus Robin/marrion already have a kid together..

Morgania
May 24th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I like the Marian/ Robin thing... but I keep having this feeling something bad is going to happen to her. (Hopefully not caused by Regina this time.)

Killdeer
May 31st, 2014, 06:30 PM
I just hope we don't have Emma feeling all guilty for bringing Marian back. Yes, messing with the timeline is iffy, but what if Emma had left Marian there and Regina had killed her? Robin would eventually have found out, and that would have been even worse. Regina needs to step back, take a deep breath, and realize that Emma actually saved her from murdering Robin's wife and Roland's mother. If she truly cares about them, she would not want to have murdered someone they care about just so she can have her happy ending.

Mrja84
June 4th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I just hope we don't have Emma feeling all guilty for bringing Marian back. Yes, messing with the timeline is iffy, but what if Emma had left Marian there and Regina had killed her? Robin would eventually have found out, and that would have been even worse. Regina needs to step back, take a deep breath, and realize that Emma actually saved her from murdering Robin's wife and Roland's mother. If she truly cares about them, she would not want to have murdered someone they care about just so she can have her happy ending.

Correct, but Regina has always been focused on what benefits her. She is also sensitive to losing something dear to her. Hence her trying to kill herself in FTL before the Wicked one reared her head.

Regina should be happy for Robin and Roland. Also Marian being back shouldn't mean that Regina and Robin are over.

However, I do like the idea that maybe, just maybe. The man with the tattoo was not Robin, but someone else. Maybe a relative....

rkgardner2003
June 4th, 2014, 03:31 PM
However, I do like the idea that maybe, just maybe. The man with the tattoo was not Robin, but someone else. Maybe a relative....

I was thinking the same thing! They never showed the tattooed man's face, and I doubt Robin will leave Marian now especially once he finds out who had her prisoner!

Morgania
June 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Who else would have that tattoo though? No relatives come to mind.

Mrja84
June 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Who else would have that tattoo though? No relatives come to mind.

The Sheriff of Nottingham. The story could be that Robin and he were like brothers and served together, hence they got the same tattoo. Though why he hasn't mentioned anyone else with that mark is unknown, possibly he was just too attracted to Regina

hedwig
June 5th, 2014, 01:19 PM
The Sheriff of Nottingham. The story could be that Robin and he were like brothers and served together, hence they got the same tattoo. Though why he hasn't mentioned anyone else with that mark is unknown, possibly he was just too attracted to Regina

Didn't Robin Hood have a brother (in the original movies about Robin Hood)?

Morgania
June 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM

That's actually one of the people I thought of, the other was Guy of Gisborne. Perhaps they could find an actor who looks similar too. Tink could be like "Well, I only saw him from behind, and he looked like Robin, so...."

Killdeer
June 5th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I would actually think it was hilarious if they did that, but I don't think they will. :). I think Marian will die somehow, and then eventually Robin and Regina will get back together.

Mrja84
June 6th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I would actually think it was hilarious if they did that, but I don't think they will. :). I think Marian will die somehow, and then eventually Robin and Regina will get back together.

Are a shipper?

Anyway, why do you feel like it has to end in blood for Robin and Regina to be together?

Killdeer
June 6th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Are a shipper?

?

Anyway, why do you feel like it has to end in blood for Robin and Regina to be together?

Because there is no way this show is going to have Robin leave his wife for the woman who nearly murdered her. Believe me. There is no divorce in fairy tales. Not for a couple that were as obviously in love as Robin and Marian were, and who are as much of a legendary couple as Robin Hood and Maid Marian are. It's one thing for Robin and Regina to be together after Marian's death, but it's a whole other thing for them to be together with Marian alive. OUAT doesn't break up the original couples from fairy tale/legend like that (an argument I've had many times with Aurora/Mulan shippers). Not saying Robin's feelings for Regina are going to vanish overnight, but he's not going to leave his wife for her. I would bet a lot of money on that.

Regarding this theory, there was this spoiler in TVLine today.

After all the build-up of Once Upon a Time‘s Regina and Robin being soul mates, please tell me that we aren’t all the sudden going to find out that the lion tattoo is really common and Robin really wasn’t the man in the pub. –Megan

I’ve seen that “theory” floating around, yeah, but Once cocreator Adam Horowitz shot an arrow right through it when I ran it by him. “No, no, no…. That [flashback scene] was not a misdirect,” he reassures. “The man Regina saw in the tavern with the tattoo was Robin Hood.”

http://tvline.com/2014/06/06/the-good-wife-season-6-spoilers-peter-intern-alicia/

garhkal
June 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Didn't Robin Hood have a brother (in the original movies about Robin Hood)?

i know Christian Slater played the brother role in the Robin hood Prince of thieves movie.

Baron Of Hell
January 13th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Regina getting kicked in the face by Emma bringing back Marian from the past was sad. No happy ending for Regina.

The funny thing is I would think bringing someone from the past to the present would be just as bad as saving someone from the past from dying. This lady is now going to change the future. I guess they don't care about the future.

garhkal
January 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Maybe they never heard of temporal paradoxes!

rushy
March 19th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Here's a thought: if past-Rumple had pulled Hook's heart out and sent him back to Storybrooke with Emma, couldn't he have found proof of what happened to Baelfire and/or avenged his death?

And wouldn't it have been awesome?