Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you want the MCU to differ more from the comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you want the MCU to differ more from the comics?

So we're pretty well into the planned phase two of the MCU now, and it is safe to say that the films are diverging quite a lot from their comic counterparts. This isn't a bad thing at all, after all some things work better on the page than they do on screen.

So having said this, instead of asking about the different comic story lines we'd like to see on film and such (Civil War!), I'd like to ask what you definitely don't want being transferred over from the comics? These can be story's or characters or even aspects of the characters personalities.

Personally I want them to steer well clear of magic. Thor has done a very good job of kidding my mind into believing allthe magic we see is just some form of advanced science so I think it'd be a shame to ruin that by making things come across as more mystical. I'm looking at you Doctor Strange!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    So we're pretty well into the planned phase two of the MCU now, and it is safe to say that the films are diverging quite a lot from their comic counterparts. This isn't a bad thing at all, after all some things work better on the page than they do on screen.

So having said this, instead of asking about the different comic story lines we'd like to see on film and such (Civil War!), I'd like to ask what you definitely don't want being transferred over from the comics? These can be story's or characters or even aspects of the characters personalities.

Personally I want them to steer well clear of magic. Thor has done a very good job of kidding my mind into believing allthe magic we see is just some form of advanced science so I think it'd be a shame to ruin that by making things come across as more mystical. I'm looking at you Doctor Strange!
    some believe that the MCU Asgard use both magic and technology
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I don't see how they could do Civil War without at least Spiderman. Fantastic Four played a big role in it too, but Spiderman revealing his identity to the public was a key moment. And really, none of the heroes in the current MCU really have secret identities.

Comment

I actually wish MCU wasn't so anti-magic. Some of the movies I thought could of been better if they had been closer to the comics. I remember being underwhelmed by The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 because they stayed away from his magical abilities.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
          I don't see how they could do Civil War without at least Spiderman. Fantastic Four played a big role in it too, but Spiderman revealing his identity to the public was a key moment. And really, none of the heroes in the current MCU really have secret identities.
          Maybe so. But with the additional heroes they're adding I don't see why they couldn't do civil war sooner or later given the complexity of the politics in the series... to be honest it's not so much civil war I'm interested in as I am seeing Captain America beat Iron Man to a bloody pulp...

Comment

I think for Civil War storylines to work, Marvel would have to own the entirety of it's film properties

which means that fox would have to sell X-men/Fantastic Four back to Marvel, and Sony would have sell spiderman back to marvel unfortunately i don't see that happening anytime soon

unless marvel can work out some sort of deal with fox/sony where they can crossover
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

.. Why do people even want Civil War? I didn't know it was a respected storyline. What with turning one side into fascists and then insisting that that side was the right. (contradicting every x-men storyline on the subject ever)

For one thing, I want to see heroes fighting villians. Not each other.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                .. Why do people even want Civil War? I didn't know it was a respected storyline. What with turning one side into fascists and then insisting that that side was the right. (contradicting every x-men storyline on the subject ever)
                Agreed. Every opinion I have ever heard on Civil War absolutely rips it for having some of the most horrifically childish characterization and universe-breaking plotlines ever. No one wants it turned into a movie, and with good reason.

Another comic storyline that I hope NEVER gets translated into the film universe is The Secret Origin of Tony Stark. What a clusterfrak!

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                For one thing, I want to see heroes fighting villians. Not each other.
                Agreed on this too. We want to see the good guys kick the bad guys' butts. Keep it simple. Stick with what works.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'd like for Sharon Carter to just not exist in MCU. Sure there can be a Sharon that Capt is attracted to but 1) Don't have her look exactly like her "grandmother" and B) () Don't have her be related to Peggy Carter.

Just have her another hero/ally that Captain can trust.

But overall, I just never felt that Captain ever had a classic love interest in the same way Peter has Mary and Clark has Lois.

So overall, I just don't see that as a critical part of his character

Comment

For me, one of the things i would like the tv MCU to differ from the comics on, is the lack of actual deaths. In the comics, many 'died' but never were truely dead.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      For me, one of the things i would like the tv MCU to differ from the comics on, is the lack of actual deaths. In the comics, many 'died' but never were truely dead.
                      The upside is that's more likely since real actors age. Although sadly that probably means that we're more likely to just get reboots every 20 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        The upside is that's more likely since real actors age. Although sadly that probably means that we're more likely to just get reboots every 20 years or so.
                        I actually like the idea of killing off characters instead of replacing the actor. Then moving the stories to center around other heroes.

Otherwise, I'd be fine with a set period of time that has actors playing their roles and then once that series of stories are told, the entire cast is replaced with new actors to play the roles and tell a different series of stories.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          I think for Civil War storylines to work, Marvel would have to own the entirety of it's film properties

which means that fox would have to sell X-men/Fantastic Four back to Marvel, and Sony would have sell spiderman back to marvel unfortunately i don't see that happening anytime soon

unless marvel can work out some sort of deal with fox/sony where they can crossover
                          The problem with the crossover idea is that Fox and Sony would have much more to gain than Marvel. Presuming it a deal of equals.

Personally I like grey in my comic films, good vs evil get dull after a while.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 23 April 2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I don't want to ever see the Civil War story-line or the Ultimate version of Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver on the big screen. I don't want to see Civil War as it really was imo an awful storyline that seemed pretty untrue of the characters, and the general audience doesn't want Tony Stark to be basically a villain I think. The Ultimate SW/QS is just disturbing and would ruin those otherwise awesome characters.

Comment

I want to SEE DEADPOOL! But He's in Fox's domain

Comment

Working...
                              X