This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond SGC continuity

Does anyone notice how wrong it is that Hammond was running the SGC in Home? They had a fictional world created from their memories drawn from earth but .... Wier specifically told Jack he was going to be the new leader to the SGC and she hallucinates that Hammond is there!? She was also the last leader there and Hammond was supposed to be off doing something else whether it's homeworld security or commanding the Prometheus.

Maybe Jack was on hoilday
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Does strike us as a bit oddwhen shep is the first to realise but wier should have realised as soon as she got there or at least the first question asked would be why are you in charge now?
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

The spirits (or whatever they were) took the individual person's memory and made them see it. However, because no-one's memory is infallible certain things were wrong, ie: Sheppard seeing two dead guys etc. Everyone remembered Hammond as the SGC commander, and if they probed my mind they'd almost certainly find Hammond as commander even though I've watched a season of Jack being commander. It's just that everyone expects Hammond to be commander, I think.
        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I'd imagine that it was like a dream. Although the details are all screwed up and misplaced... you don't realize it until you wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
            The spirits (or whatever they were) took the individual person's memory and made them see it. However, because no-one's memory is infallible certain things were wrong, ie: Sheppard seeing two dead guys etc. Everyone remembered Hammond as the SGC commander, and if they probed my mind they'd almost certainly find Hammond as commander even though I've watched a season of Jack being commander. It's just that everyone expects Hammond to be commander, I think.
            Shepperd didn't see the two dead guys by accident. He sorta made them appear as a test, cause he suspected things were wrong and were matching his fantasy rathar than reality. He know things were wrong when he found his house to be huge and all.
            Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
              Shepperd didn't see the two dead guys by accident. He sorta made them appear as a test, cause he suspected things were wrong and were matching his fantasy rathar than reality. He know things were wrong when he found his house to be huge and all.
              Good point about Sheppard, but I stand by my theory about Hammond. Its almost tradition that Hammond is the commander of the SGC.
              The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
              The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
              Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
              Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
              Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Good point about Sheppard, but I stand by my theory about Hammond. Its almost tradition that Hammond is the commander of the SGC.
                Just the way that it is
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Yea i didnt even notice it was Hammond and not Jack. Were so used to it being Hammond.

Comment

But Weir isn't. She came on when Hammond left, not before.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      But Weir isn't. She came on when Hammond left, not before.
                      good point. Weir would not have any memories of Hammond being in charge.

Comment

It's not unconceivable that Hammond was at the SGC. He's probably the next link in the chain if command. Furthermore, the episode was set up with the pretnese that they were reurning to Earth, an event someone like Hammond would want to attend since he's in charge of home world security.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Maybe Weir subconsciously wnted Hammond to be in charge of the SGC
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                            Maybe Weir subconsciously wnted Hammond to be in charge of the SGC
                            She must have also subconsciously wanted to take him down a peg. He was a two star instead of three star as well

Comment

Hammond is in charge of Homeworld Security. If a lost team from something you are (technically) responsible for comes back, you'd go and meet them face to face.

Personally I liked having Hammond there, being the head of all things Stargate, talking to Weir and discussing the reassignments, new positions, plans for the future etc. It made more sense than O'Neill doing it - he just runs the SGC, what does he do with Atlantis?

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Working...
                              X