X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloodlines (920)

Episode synopsis:

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean investigate a case in Chicago, where they discover that various mafia-esque monster families are, unknown to humans, running the underbelly of Chicago. One is a family of shapeshifters run by Margo Lassiter (guest stars Danielle Savre), whose leadership is thrown into question when her brother David (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) returns home. The other reigning family in town is made up of werewolves, lead by Julian Duval (guest star Sean Faris). While in Chicago, Sam and Dean meet Ennis (guest star Lucien Laviscount), a man with a personal vendetta against the monsters. The Winchesters warn Ennis about heading into the hunter lifestyle, but Ennis refuses to listen and starts down a dangerous path."

Original Air Date: 04/29/2014
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 April 2014, 07:16 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Solid episode for Supernatural...not so good pilot.

City full of monsters and the Winchesters just walk away. How much you want to bet they rarely if ever get involved in Chicago again...?

Comment

This was a horrible pilot & that ending is certainly not required watching for the rest of the season. Do the smart thing CW & pass on this crap

Comment

So this was supposedly the "spinoff" pilot?

I didn't know until recently they even had a possible spinoff in the works! Yes, Sam I think was leaning toward staying until Dean told him about the Cas lead.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah its as spin off. Looks like it might be to close to the feel of The Originals.

Comment

^^Yes, now that you mention it......I did get that "Originals" vibe.
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't even know there was going to be a spin off. If this is what it is going to be I wasn't that taken by it. I found it to be quite boring as there was nothing new monster wise, instead we get watered down versions of the monsters that we first saw in Supernatural like the shape shifters and the Djinn. They now live like humans, warring amongst eachother for control of the city of Chicago like the gangsters of old.

We get a new 'Sam' carrying his own pained angst along with him after losing his girlfriend and leaving a normal life behind to save humans from these monsters.

The enduring success of Supernatural for me is due to the surprises each week of what evil turns up to challenge Sam and Dean, and how they deal with it. This supposed spin off lacks Supernatural's 'soul' for want of a better word!

I hope we get back to the 'Angel' arc again, I want to know what that fiendish Metatron has been up to.

Comment

Working...
              X