PDA

View Full Version : The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Pages : [1] 2

sg1efc
March 29th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Searched but I did not see any previous threads about this in the search results. It's pretty good so far but they need to end the constant teen-angst crap & get more into the actual story for me to continue to watch it. Has potential, just hoping they don't do a Terra Nova by having too much teeny-bopper storylines crap in it, LoL. The preview for the upcoming episodes did look like they have a good amount of action. :)

http://cwtv.com/shows/the-100/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/

Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM_2LwEtgkg

ajay
March 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I haven't seen it, or heard of it, but based on the summary I think I may avoid it. Sending 100 teenagers to an abandoned planet to repopulate? How could it not be about teen angst?

sg1efc
March 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I haven't seen it, or heard of it, but based on the summary I think I may avoid it. Sending 100 teenagers to an abandoned planet to repopulate? How could it not be about teen angst?

Well yeah, it is, Lmao. :) Hopefully the CW will realize very quickly that they need much more for it to survive as a high enough watched series, than making a show mainly about teen- angst. LoL. :)

VampyreWraith
March 29th, 2014, 04:35 PM
They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol. They sent them down because they were expendable, and they wanted to know if the rest of the people on the space station would be able to survive without dying of radiation poisoning.

I like it so far. The teen romance stuff is annoying, but it's on the CW so I was prepared for it. I wish they didn't feel the need to set all the main teen characters up in love triangles(or other polygons) though. Other than teen love drama, I find the show pretty interesting.

AresLover452
March 29th, 2014, 04:41 PM
So far i am liking this show, and I have the book to read after i finish DIVERGENT.... but I am interested in seeing where this show goes.

rkgardner2003
March 29th, 2014, 04:46 PM
A liked the book, but just couldn't get through the pilot....

AresLover452
March 29th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I noticed they changed a few things in the PILOT that was in the book. so far i like both.

sg1efc
March 29th, 2014, 05:30 PM
They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol.

Lots of laughs. :) Yep, they better send some adults down quick to straighten out those teens. LoL.

ajay
March 29th, 2014, 05:55 PM
They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying :)

sg1efc
March 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM
The space station better send down a drop ship full of condoms... :rolleyes:

mr_kennedy
March 29th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Just watched the first episode not bad so far, the airlocking scene kinda reminded me of BSG

a couple of familiar faces on the station :)

knowles2
March 30th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Enjoying this more than I thought I would, okay the teen angst stuff could disappear. The casting is better than some of CW other new shows this season.

By far the biggest problem for me is the lack of thought put into the world building side of things, the station looks far too uniform for a space station cobble together from other space stations.

And the costumes, I could easily see scientist growing cotton in orbit and using that to make clothing but but getting the materials to make leather jackets, jeans, trainers/leather boots, sports bras for thousands of people, all seem a bit too far fetch to me. An having them all be die different colours is a waste of resources.

An as much as I like air locking people, for a station that is short of supplies, well that a tonne of water, oxygen, proteins you are sending overboard there people.

An let not get started on the whole bracelet design, I know I said it was a waste of resources to send them overboard, but for the designers of those bracelets, I think an exception could be made.

An you would think that during their attempts to save themselves after an atomic war that they would have save a few satellites with surface imaging capabilities.

You would also think that the station would be overflowing with plants for food and to filter the air.

knowles2
April 3rd, 2014, 07:19 AM
This week episode was pretty good, the end

Psycho girl kill Wells with a single stab to the neck, brilliant, with her smilling and humming away as he choke on his own blood Awesome.

Bellamy showing the cowered he is.

Hopefully we will have a couple of weeks them building a community before the next disaster strikes, and may be Little Miss Psycho will thin the herd a bit before then, come on girl take Bellamy out, he deserves it.

Looking forward for the face off between Clark and her mum, the ***** may face some justice yet.

lopo30
April 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Is it really that easy to gut 2 fingers off like the little girl did there ?
I am amazed that the little girl didnt gut her self with that knife, as it needed to be lazer razor sharp to täke two fingers off from Wells that easy.

As there is no good scifi shows anymore, i watch what i get. Especially of the stupid scedule of the shows. Like TVD 2 episoodes then one week break and again 2 episoodes and now 3 weeks then one episoode and again break. Marvel shield is basically same with the breaks and ohter shows.

In the first episoode of the 100, in the end they show local earthlings in a preview. Second episoode ends with one guy with greepy mask and now third episoode there is nothing about that. When we will see the earthlings and are they all dumb woods people from the stone age ? Sticks and arrows, like Shepard sayed in SGA one of the episoodes with the technology block cheald with childer live in the age of 18 :D

VampyreWraith
April 3rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
I really enjoyed the third ep. This was also the first episode where I actually kind of liked Bellamy.
As I was watching the episode, I kept thinking that the little girl was going to reveal that she had killed someone on the space station or something, and that she would end up attempting to kill someone on Earth(especially after she saw Clarke mercy-kill the guy who got caught in the acid fog). She seemed really nice and sweet, but there seemed to be something a bit off about her(but that could have been because I kept thinking about a character on The Walking Dead). I didn't think that she would actually end up succeeding in killing anyone(especially in this episode). I thought she would get caught or stopped before she hurt anyone too seriously. I didn't expect her to try to kill Wells, and I was surprised that she actually ended up killing him. It was kind of sad since Clarke and Wells had just repaired their friendship, and he was just sitting there, not expecting the girl to hurt him or anything. Out of all the people on Earth who hated Wells because of his father, I wasn't really expecting that little girl to be that one that would kill him because of it. It was messed up, but it kind of brought a sense of danger to the show that wasn't there before this episode, and I liked that.

Next week's episode looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it.

garhkal
April 5th, 2014, 01:14 PM
They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol. They sent them down because they were expendable, and they wanted to know if the rest of the people on the space station would be able to survive without dying of radiation poisoning.

I like it so far. The teen romance stuff is annoying, but it's on the CW so I was prepared for it. I wish they didn't feel the need to set all the main teen characters up in love triangles(or other polygons) though. Other than teen love drama, I find the show pretty interesting.

Yea it seems any show on the CW is geared towards teens (other than Arrow)..

So far i have been enjoying it.. not as much as the tomorrow people, but a heck of a lot better than episodes of "Yet another show about vampires (supernatural, the originals, vampire diaries etc)..

You would also think that the station would be overflowing with plants for food and to filter the air.

You would think so... BUt maybe their agricultural resources are not sufficient to regenerate all the O2 they need..

knowles2
April 7th, 2014, 02:56 PM
You would think so... BUt maybe their agricultural resources are not sufficient to regenerate all the O2 they need.. Probably limited soil resources or growth solution.

knowles2
April 10th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Another good episode this week.

lopo30
April 10th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Would be nice to see the earthlings already in this show and see whats there story.
They all cant be savages. :D

knowles2
April 10th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Would be nice to see the earthlings already in this show and see whats there story.

I'm sure the show is building up to it, in fact let the gang build their puny little wall, give the earthlings something to knock down when they come knocking. :D

garhkal
April 10th, 2014, 02:12 PM

Perhaps they were survivors who hid IN that fort/camp that the group was supposed to land near.. and they wear those masks as a way to scare off other survivors.

VampyreWraith
April 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Perhaps they were survivors who hid IN that fort/camp that the group was supposed to land near.. and they wear those masks as a way to scare off other survivors.

That's what I was thinking; that maybe they are the descendants of people who hid out in Mt. Weather(or whatever that place they were supposed to go to for supplies was called). I hope we get to learn more about them sometime soon.

VampyreWraith
April 16th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I really enjoyed the 5th episode. It's my favorite ep so far. There was a good balance between what was happening on the ark and what was happening on ground. For the most part, I find the stuff with the adults on the station more interesting than what happens on Earth with the teens, and this ep had a lot of space station focus. I'm also liking all the characters more and more every week(even Bellamy).

I enjoyed last week's episode, but I was a little disappointed with how they handled the aftermath of Wells' death. I didn't like that they skipped a week, but I guess they felt that it was necessary to speed up the Raven getting down to the planet part of the story.
I found everything that was happening on the ark this week really interesting and emotional. The Earth stuff was good too.

knowles2
April 17th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Another good episode this week. It actually good to have a show where the humans are shown off in a good way, the people volunteering to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, the teens finally working together to build the flares. Don't see this enough on TV nowadays. These humans still have some humanity left in them.

I love Raven and her leadership skills, hopefully she will balance out the Clark, Bellamy dual.

I love the arc stuff, the father sacrificing himself for the daughter was sad. Kane character has grown a lot during this episode but I do wonder what his motives are, it seems unlikely it was him that gave Bellamy the gun to kill the chancellor, so who did?

The bed talk was a bit naff and hoping they resolve the three way love triangle quickly.
An bellamy doing his duty to repopulate the planet by having threesomes. An he lack the guts to kill, which make me suspicious that he may not have pull the gun to kill the chancellor.

Looking forward to next week, meeting with the grounders, Octavia kidnapper/new lover, and of cause see the arc prep for evacuation to back to earth, I'm sure it won't be as simple as assigning seats and launching escape pods and shuttles and capsules. Wonder if further sacrifices will need to be made.

This show is going from strength to strength.

sg1efc
April 17th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Been hoping to see some advanced sci-fi technology stuff. However, I'm not sure if they have any...? :( Might have to re-watch some StarGate eppies for that. LoL :)

garhkal
April 17th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I really enjoyed the 5th episode. It's my favorite ep so far. There was a good balance between what was happening on the ark and what was happening on ground. For the most part, I find the stuff with the adults on the station more interesting than what happens on Earth with the teens, and this ep had a lot of space station focus. I'm also liking all the characters more and more every week(even Bellamy).

I enjoyed last week's episode, but I was a little disappointed with how they handled the aftermath of Wells' death. I didn't like that they skipped a week, but I guess they felt that it was necessary to speed up the Raven getting down to the planet part of the story.
I found everything that was happening on the ark this week really interesting and emotional. The Earth stuff was good too.

I was really surprised so many people volunteered right after the tape got aired. I also was wondering how that they could call the few dozen or so we saw in that one room the 300 they needed, unless there were dozens of other rooms..

knowles2
April 18th, 2014, 01:52 AM
I also was wondering how that they could call the few dozen or so we saw in that one room the 300 they needed, unless there were dozens of other rooms..

hiring 300 extras would be expensive though.

I was really surprised so many people volunteered right after the tape got aired.

These people have been brought up with the knowledge that they are the only humans left and that they must survive at all costs, I'm surprise so many of the council members doubted that they wouldn't get volunteers and even thought there would be riots and attempted takeover of the station. All of which would undoubtedly cost them more oxygen and more time.

I would love to get some history on the ark through, may be that explains why they thought they would sacrifice their life and their parents life work.

garhkal
April 18th, 2014, 10:37 PM
The only real history they mentioned was in the pilot ep... apparently it was cobbled together from iirc a dozen or so space stations that existed.

knowles2
April 24th, 2014, 04:02 AM
Another good episode.

An a love triangle that doesn't wanna make vomit every 10 seconds like the Star Crossed one does.

I wanna know about the gounders. There a conflict brewing their, and is the one that kidnapped Octavia a villain or our teens protector.

Shame we didn't see more of the space station in the presence especially after the flares were spotted last week. Nice to have a bit of background on two of the characters through, shame we didn't at least some of the red shirts history before they gotten killed.

garhkal
April 26th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Agreed/ Though i liked the flashbacks for Octavia and her brother, i really wished they had some action on the station.
And i did think that one 'grounder' may have been a savior for her..

sg1efc
April 26th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Would be cool if they did a Game Of Thrones & started killing off the good guys. ;)

mr_kennedy
April 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM
^ 300 people wasn't enough for you?

Agreed/ Though i liked the flashbacks for Octavia and her brother, i really wished they had some action on the station.
And i did think that one 'grounder' may have been a savior for her..

Apart from flashbacks, the station wasn't shown at all this weeks episode

sg1efc
April 26th, 2014, 08:33 PM
^ 300 people wasn't enough for you?

I meant the main actors/actresses.

mr_kennedy
April 27th, 2014, 08:53 AM
i kinda figured, i was being facetious (i think i spelt that right),

they did get rid of that punk (ya know bellamy's right hand man) a few episodes ago, and then there's the president's son and that little girl

sg1efc
April 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM
i kinda figured, i was being facetious (i think i spelt that right),

they did get rid of that punk (ya know bellamy's right hand man) a few episodes ago, and then there's the president's son and that little girl

Yep :)

garhkal
April 28th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Apart from flashbacks, the station wasn't shown at all this weeks episode

Exactly. Other than the flashbacks they completely seemed to ignore the station.

knowles2
May 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Bumper station time this week. Kate is one backstabbing slimy little ***** and probably the one that arrange Bellamy to kill the president.

I love the about face turn from Kane from the whole I'm going to keep this arc alive even if I have to kill everyone down to the last Adam and Eve, to barely able to keep himself together after killing 300 of them. Some great acting there from Cusick. An Washington performance when he shouted out that he just lost son was brilliant and powerful.

Octavia just became my new favourite character, the way she poison herself, I spent half the episode shouting at them to either poison Octavia or the grounder to get their antidote. Glad she was the one to eventually come up with the idea, after letting the torture gang torture grounder for hours but hey no one perfect.

I do wonder why amongst all the 100, the grounder has bonded to Octavia, hopefully it something like her looking like his daughter or something

Bellamy need better security on the door, everyone came and went as they please despite being told not to let anyone in.

I was right about there being a limited number of life rafts. Of cause if they smart they send everyone down to a location where they can eventually assemble ships to rescue the survivors.

Look like the love triangle is coming to the end.

sg1efc
May 1st, 2014, 06:47 PM
I love the about face turn from Kane from the whole I'm going to keep this arc alive even if I have to kill everyone down to the last Adam and Eve, to barely able to keep himself together after killing 300 of them. Some great acting there from Cusick. An Washington performance when he shouted out that he just lost son was brilliant and powerful.

Octavia just became my new favourite character, the way she poison herself, I spent half the episode shouting at them to either poison Octavia or the grounder to get their antidote. Glad she was the one to eventually come up with the idea, after letting the torture gang torture grounder for hours but hey no one perfect.

I do wonder why amongst all the 100, the grounder has bonded to Octavia, hopefully it something like her looking like his daughter or something

I was right about there being a limited number of life rafts. Of cause if they smart they send everyone down to a location where they can eventually assemble ships to rescue the survivors.

Yep, I was waiting/hoping that Kane would throw himself into an airlock and Float himself, LoL. :)

Yeah Octavia has some balls, bigger than her brother's. I can see her kicking her brother's butt in the future & her taking charge of everything. :D

Maybe he likes Octavia because she's one of the very few that has been out walking around in the woods..., puppy love, etc.? Doesn't seem like many of the other 100 have gone much of a distance out into the woods, as far as I know...? Thinking that many of the 100 are probably too scared or too smart, to go far away from camp.

Maybe they can retro-fit an area of the station that's in space to somehow enter the earth's atmosphere & land safely? If they get 700 people off the station and by also including the 300 they already off'ed, they might have enough time/oxygen to come up with some sort of plan to get the rest down. Or maybe they'll just leave them up there & we can continue to follow their story.

VampyreWraith
May 2nd, 2014, 11:30 PM
I went from hating Octavia in the first episode to her being one of my favorite characters now. I think the grounder has crush on her. Bellamy has become one of my favorites too(his relationship with Octavia is one of the main reasons he's become a favorite of mine).

I really enjoyed all of the stuff on the Ark. It's nice to see Kate Vernon on this show. Loved Kane in the latest ep.

I think I'd rather they leave some of the main characters on the Ark longer and followed their story, instead of finding a way to get everyone down to Earth right away.

garhkal
May 3rd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Bumper station time this week. Kate is one backstabbing slimy little ***** and probably the one that arrange Bellamy to kill the president.

From flashbacks a few eps ago it looked like Terry chen (commander shumway) was the one who did that. BUT this weeks ep does make me wonder, was it Kate who put him up to it.??

I think that was more cause he finally realized that the 100 were alive, and could not do anything else. but i agree his performance when letting it get known his son was dead, was great.

I kind of thought it might have been her, since the grounder was smitten with her. Bit i did like it that he eventually said "thanks" to her in a sort of whisper..

Maybe she was the first female he has seen in a while who is not a grounder..?

You would have thought that life raft issue would have been something they dealt with before they sent the 100 down though.

GOOD!

VampyreWraith
May 8th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Yay, The 100 has been renewed! :)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/beauty-and-the-beast-renewed-by-the-cw/261847/

sg1efc
May 8th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Yay, The 100 has been renewed! :)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/beauty-and-the-beast-renewed-by-the-cw/261847/

Great news, Thanks for letting us know VampyreWraith. :)

VampyreWraith
May 8th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Great news, Thanks for letting us know VampyreWraith. :)

You're welcome! :)

Twi'lek
May 8th, 2014, 08:11 PM
glad it was renewed. I'm liking this one

garhkal
May 8th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Its good at least one of the 2 i was hoping we got news on were renewed, but man WTF in not renewing the tomorrow people, BUT renewing crud like Beauty and the beast and heart of dixie, reign, vampire diaries and supernatural.

jelgate
May 8th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Just because you hate or love something doesn't mean others do.

knowles2
May 9th, 2014, 02:53 AM
yah for the renewal of The 100.

This week episode was okay, nice standard drug induce hallucination episode, Bellamy one of the best. I think he just might end up killing himself by the end of the season.

The writers enjoy having their characters kill people by stabbing them in the necks. 3rd one so far on the show.

I think the slimey little ***** of a senator is going to try and seize control of the evacuation of the arc and make sure only her people make it down to earth.

garhkal
May 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Just because you hate or love something doesn't mean others do.

True.. But then again i am one of the larger overlooked demographics of the TV realm. Single unmarried white guy. so I have 3 things going against me!

jelgate
May 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Technically that's two and I don't think marriage status and race are a factor in getting a Nielsen box

escyos
May 13th, 2014, 04:48 AM
I've started watching this show and I quite like it. I read that a lot of people said it was just 100 teens making out in a jungle yet I only saw two teens make out in the jungle.

sg1efc
May 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I read that a lot of people said it was just 100 teens making out in a jungle yet I only saw two teens make out in the jungle.

This does sound funny:

it was just 100 teens making out in a jungle

It is a good show & I am happy they will do a second season. :)

knowles2
May 14th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I've started watching this show and I quite like it. I read that a lot of people said it was just 100 teens making out in a jungle yet I only saw two teens make out in the jungle.

I'm pretty sure there been few more than that.

At least they not making out why their friend are running around town trying to stop a bomb like in Star cross.

knowles2
May 16th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Another good episode.

So Diane gang launch a coup d'etat, and launched their ship to earth and presumably to their deaths.

trigger happy Jasper ended any chance of peaceful existence with the grounders.

An Jaha and Kane stuck on a dieing ark but hey they always figure things out.

Raven slowly realising she has lost the battle for Flinn heart to Clark. I'm sure that won't make bellamy jealous at all.

So disasters all round.

They still flying through the story through.

Felt sorry for Kane losing his mother to the explosion at the beginning, which is a pretty brutal way to start a episode. Diane needs to die and soon.

sg1efc
May 16th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Diane needs to die and soon.

Nooooooo...., Diane might be everyone's only hope, as she seems to be able to take charge and kick butt, while the 100 are too busy fornicating & pissing off each other & the grounders, LoL. :)

Edit:
Just noticed the tip of the hat to Warehouse 13. :) Damn shame they cancelled it, was a great fun to watch show. Only thing missing was just a bit more of a main running storyline, like a very bad baddy, etc. Already miss it. :(

garhkal
May 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Technically that's two and I don't think marriage status and race are a factor in getting a Nielsen box

I know of only 4 folks who have Neilson boxes. Not one is single, all are married with kids. So to me married status does matter. Not sure on the race side though, but as with many things in life these days it does seem race still counts.

So Diane gang launch a coup d'etat, and launched their ship to earth and presumably to their deaths.

One can hope. Especially since how they left the arc, it was almost a guarantee of killing everyone left up there.

trigger happy Jasper ended any chance of peaceful existence with the grounders.

He does seem perpetually jittery, and at first i thought he still might have been under the Hallucinogens still, but the others eventually saw them as well..

Raven slowly realising she has lost the battle for Flinn heart to Clark. I'm sure that won't make bellamy jealous at all.

Actually i am thinking they are slowly pushing Clark from Finn TO bellamy.

I also wonder, is it cause of how well she played the conniving Ellen Tigh why she is now also playing the Conniving Dianne?

Linda06
May 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
My Brother said this show is good but I'm not sure if it's worth starting to watch as it'll end up getting cancelled in the not too distant future.

I only started watching The tomorrow people and believe then I found out they were cancelled so just deleted them from my sky box. Was gonna watch Almost human but as it was cancelled there wasn't really any point starting. This will more than likely go the same way.

knowles2
May 21st, 2014, 11:40 PM
My Brother said this show is good but I'm not sure if it's worth starting to watch as it'll end up getting cancelled in the not too distant future.

I only started watching The tomorrow people and believe then I found out they were cancelled so just deleted them from my sky box. Was gonna watch Almost human but as it was cancelled there wasn't really any point starting. This will more than likely go the same way.

This show already got a second season of 13 episodes starting in the, they were offer a full 23 but the producers/writers only wanted 13. Which show CW has confident in this program, you don't move shows to the full and give 23 episodes and once CW shows get into second seasons they got a good chance of getting 3rd and 4th seasons.

Linda06
May 22nd, 2014, 12:51 PM
This show already got a second season of 13 episodes starting in the, they were offer a full 23 but the producers/writers only wanted 13. Which show CW has confident in this program, you don't move shows to the full and give 23 episodes and once CW shows get into second seasons they got a good chance of getting 3rd and 4th seasons.

Is CW the TV company that the 100 is on? What's their track record with shows?

jelgate
May 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Is CW the TV company that the 100 is on? What's their track record with shows?

The idea that some broadcast networks cancel shows more than others is a myth

Linda06
May 22nd, 2014, 01:40 PM
The idea that some broadcast networks cancel shows more than others is a myth

Okay. What about sci-fi type. They don't seem to getting a fair crack of the whip lately.

I seen too many shows cancelled now that I'm kinda reluctant to start watching a new show as it'll more than likely not get renewed after the next season. I suppose I could tape it and wait and see what happens before I decide to watch it. Done that with Arrow this season. Watched all of season 2 in a few days there.

jelgate
May 22nd, 2014, 05:37 PM
You didn't specify genre. I thought you meant just number of shows.

I honestly think the investment of tv show and making a big deal about when shows get cancelled is kind of stupid.

knowles2
May 23rd, 2014, 03:35 AM
Another good episode. An clarke needs to use her M16 one handed more often.

I wonder how many of the 100 Lincoln could take out without them even noticing, given that he was able to plant a flower right in front of them without them noticing.

Raven is one scary chick,
Flin or one of the other characters: the bridge survive a nuclear war,
Raven "it won't survive me."

I reckon the mountain men have the survivors from the crash. Shame we didn't hear anything about the ark this week.

Linda06
May 23rd, 2014, 07:47 AM
You didn't specify genre. I thought you meant just number of shows.

I honestly think the investment of tv show and making a big deal about when shows get cancelled is kind of stupid.

I did mean TV shows in general :D Just finished watching Arrow season 2 and I like how they didn't really end it on a major cliffhanger, but they kept it open so if it was cancelled it could have ended where ir was but also if it got renewed it was open to continue. Maybe other shows should take a leaf out of Arrows book on how to end the season. That way there won't be as many shows ending without a resolution if they get cancelled.

jelgate
May 23rd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Arrow S1 ended on a cliffhanger.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
I started watching out of curiosity. It's the CW so expect teen-stuff to take place, but it surprised me in a good kind of way. I like the cast and the characters. The premise of the show too, except that you do have to suspend believe a lot. I mean, 97 years... that's a bit short, wouldn't you think so.

I recon the mountain men have the survivors from the crash. Shame we didn't hear anything about the ark this week.

You mean the pod that came down with the rebels... I doubt anyone survived that crash.

Linda06
May 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
Arrow S1 ended on a cliffhanger.

You know I can't remember that far back :p Maybe they learned while making season 2 to not risk ending on cliffies as they'll more than likely be cancelled in a season or 2.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2014, 08:53 AM
You know I can't remember that far back :p Maybe they learned while making season 2 to not risk ending on cliffies as they'll more than likely be cancelled in a season or 2.

However, that was not the case for Arrow -- they knew even before they were halfway that they would get a second season.

jelgate
May 23rd, 2014, 08:55 AM
However, that was not the case for Arrow -- they knew even before they were halfway that they would get a second season.
The writers of Arrow have admitted to being Buffy fans. They like using the premise of a Big Bad per season.

jelgate
May 23rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
I started watching out of curiosity. It's the CW so expect teen-stuff to take place, but it surprised me in a good kind of way. I like the cast and the characters. The premise of the show too, except that you do have to suspend believe a lot. I mean, 97 years... that's a bit short, wouldn't you think so.

You mean the pod that came down with the rebels... I doubt anyone survived that crash.

Maybe it wasn't really a nuclear attack. After all their has to be a way for the Grounders to survive down there.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
A dirty bomb perhaps... there is lots of mention of radioactivity.

jelgate
May 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
The people on the Ark thought it was nuclear attack. It seems they have been wrong about a lot of things recently

knowles2
May 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM

. Not really, actually someone did the maths and even the dirtiest bomb we could make, a cobalt device, earth would be habitable in as little 100 years, perfectly safe in 200 years.
Plus radiation wouldn't be spread evenly across the planet, there be low and high levels of radiation in different places. The grounders could have been luck enough to have been in a low radiation zone.

The highest death toll wouldn't come from radiation or even directly from the bombs themselves, it be from the nuclear winter that would occur and last for at least 2 year if not longer.

Falcon Horus
May 23rd, 2014, 11:56 AM
Mmm... well, let's not put that to the test. :p At least, not more than we already have.

garhkal
May 24th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Okay. What about sci-fi type. They don't seem to getting a fair crack of the whip lately.

I seen too many shows cancelled now that I'm kinda reluctant to start watching a new show as it'll more than likely not get renewed after the next season. I suppose I could tape it and wait and see what happens before I decide to watch it. Done that with Arrow this season. Watched all of season 2 in a few days there.

Exactly. The 100 and TP were imo their only Sci-fi focused ones. The others are all either vampire based, or Arrow. We know they ain't gonna kill their pop star (Arrow) nor the vamp ones since there are so many fans of them it seems. But the Scifi ones (the 100 and TP) are fair game. They already canned the TP, and though the 100 got a 2nd season it seems, whether it lasts beyond that is anyone's guess.

knowles2
May 24th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Exactly. The 100 and TP were imo their only Sci-fi focused ones. The others are all either vampire based, or Arrow. We know they ain't gonna kill their pop star (Arrow) nor the vamp ones since there are so many fans of them it seems. But the Scifi ones (the 100 and TP) are fair game. They already canned the TP, and though the 100 got a 2nd season it seems, whether it lasts beyond that is anyone's guess.
TP had very bad ratings, o.3 throughout April.
The 100 even without new episodes Arrow in support seem to be remaining stable at 0.5 to 0.6

What even more where TP got neutral to negative reviews, The 100 is getting great reviews from critics.

garhkal
May 26th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Hm. Strange. Guess since the TP was more 'adult focused' with it's story line, while the 100 seems to be (as its mostly kids) teen focused its holding the teen demographic more. Which i find funny since its a lot of teens who are into mutants and such with marvel etc.

knowles2
May 26th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Hm. Strange. Guess since the TP was more 'adult focused' with it's story line, while the 100 seems to be (as its mostly kids) teen focused its holding the teen demographic more. Which i find funny since its a lot of teens who are into mutants and such with marvel etc.
Have you watched The 100, I say the stories in The 100 have been more adult focused than teen focused.
TP lot were suppose to be teens, through the poor casting and poorer acting it was hard to tell that they were meant to be playing teens.

Falcon Horus
May 26th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Have you watched The 100, I say the stories in The 100 have been more adult focused than teen focused.

The biggest surprise for me -- they truly dare to go one step too far (in a manner of speaking that is), and show what happens when you drop a bunch of kids on a planet with no rules or regulations. And they start taking matters into their own hands.

Lord of the Flies does come to mind a lot though.

jelgate
May 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I would say its kids having to grow up fast and be able to make adult decisions. The threat of a radioactive Earth and the Grounders makes petty teen problems rather pointless.

Falcon Horus
May 26th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I would say its kids having to grow up fast and be able to make adult decisions. The threat of a radioactive Earth and the Grounders makes petty teen problems rather pointless.

Mmm... petty teen problems do tend to pale in comparison in such situations. :p

garhkal
May 26th, 2014, 01:11 PM

In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.

jelgate
May 26th, 2014, 01:33 PM
In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.

That's a stupid reasoning. Using FH's Lord of the Flies example is about kids but it is not a kid's novel.

Vendikarr
May 29th, 2014, 07:24 AM
With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.

jelgate
May 29th, 2014, 07:58 AM
With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.

That's common with most tv shows. If a show gets a 3rd season its almost guaranteed a 4th season so the show can get enough episode for syndication.

knowles2
May 29th, 2014, 08:30 AM
So this is the fifth person to die by a stab or slice wound to the neck. I lost count to be honest but a lot of people have died by neck wounds.

Another enjoyable episode, I was surprise that they let that young girl die, usually in this situation the character save the day, I will forgive Clark for not knowing you can't stick just any old blood into someone, whether they are part of the same tribe or not, they got to be the same blood type, they could really use a science consultant on this show.

An Raven is cold man so cold, she use bellamy up and chuck him away. :p

garhkal
May 29th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I liked that they didn't save the day as well. And we finally got to see what chaos was caused on the ark!

VampyreWraith
May 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok. I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep. :)

knowles2
May 31st, 2014, 10:26 AM
I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok. I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep. :)
I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.

VampyreWraith
May 31st, 2014, 11:32 AM
I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.

Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.

knowles2
June 1st, 2014, 01:09 AM
Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.

I suspect some of them survive.

Falcon Horus
June 1st, 2014, 06:23 AM
I suspect some of them survive.

How?

I mean, they re-entered too fast and then crashed. You saw the burst of flames going up in the sky. No way, anyone could have survived that crash unless they had lifepods in that lifepod.

knowles2
June 1st, 2014, 12:03 PM
How?

I mean, they re-entered too fast and then crashed. You saw the burst of flames going up in the sky. No way, anyone could have survived that crash unless they had lifepods in that lifepod.
This is scifi, I seen people walk away from worst crashes than that!

Falcon Horus
June 1st, 2014, 03:40 PM
This is scifi, I seen people walk away from worst crashes than that!

Perhaps, but not in the case of The 100.

jelgate
June 1st, 2014, 04:44 PM
Perhaps, but not in the case of The 100.

If you wanted too you could justify it. People have survived huge crashes they shouldn't have. Since Abby and Jara are on the Ark I am to believe the pod crashed.

Who are the Mountain Men? Did I miss an episode?

Falcon Horus
June 1st, 2014, 05:17 PM
Who are the Mountain Men? Did I miss an episode?

Lincoln mentioned them an episode or so ago. I think from what I can gather they are a rival tribe to Lincoln's.

garhkal
June 4th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Nice episode today. Loved the stuff on the arc same as last week. And went Squee when the chancelor had his insight on how to get everyone down.

As for the grounders.. so there are more than one faction/clan, but other clans can order some other clans around??
And these 'reapers'. Are they canibals>??

knowles2
June 5th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Our little warrior princess isn't as powerful as I thought, it seems she just a local leader, perhaps just in charge of the local defence forces or state forces in our world, while these new guys are federal forces from some sort of central government.

I love the audacity of the chancellor plan, it should at least look spectacular, but just 2 days or less to prepare, tight planning there.

Yes the reapers look like they are cannibals, the question is who are they eating. An Lincoln said he captured a map from someone that map the cave, that unlikely to be our cannibals.

An I suspect the little princess and Lincoln had a thing in the past, I see another love triangle/quadrangle, Lincoln, princess, Octavia and Jasper.

Look like next season will involve our gang looking for a new home, why the arc survivors look for them and learn to survive.

garhkal
June 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
It did look like ms horsey was not the bigwig she made herself out to be..

ReganX
June 14th, 2014, 02:44 PM
How?

Was it ever established for certain that the wreck was the drop ship rather than part of the Ark? It looked like some pretty big chunks broke off when the drop ship launched, we only saw the descent from a distance, and I don't think that Raven was able to find the black box in the wreckage. There were also fewer burned skeletons than I'd expect for a ship carrying several hundred people. It seems odd to build up Diana as an antagonist, and to establish that she has a very sizeable support base, only for her and her followers to be wiped out in a crash, especially with another group from the Ark coming to Earth.

garhkal
June 18th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Just watched the "We are grounders part 2".
so both Bellamy and finn got fried. Though i do also wonder how many others were lost in that final battle.
Also loved the ending where we saw the survivors in the Mountain fort. Wonder what took them so long to intervene.

jelgate
June 19th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I bet they aren't really dead. We never actually saw them die

VampyreWraith
June 19th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I don't think they're dead( and I definitely don't think they'd kill both of them at the same time like that).

garhkal
June 19th, 2014, 10:53 PM
One was injured (iirc Bellamy), and the other on his butt. They didn't have much time to get that far away to try and find somewhere to survive..
BUT its a Scifi show, so who knows.
Wonder when S2 kicks in?

knowles2
June 20th, 2014, 02:48 PM
They survive, bellamy will most likely be depending on finn to keep him alive for a while I suspect anyway.

garhkal
June 20th, 2014, 11:30 PM
That would grate the heck out of bellamy then!

knowles2
June 21st, 2014, 03:29 PM
That would grate the heck out of bellamy then!

My thinking exactly.

Falcon Horus
June 21st, 2014, 04:56 PM
And these 'reapers'. Are they canibals>??

My first thought was of the Firefly Reavers... they look approximately the same, and act approximately the same.

Was it ever established for certain that the wreck was the drop ship rather than part of the Ark? It looked like some pretty big chunks broke off when the drop ship launched, we only saw the descent from a distance...

Except that they showed one big fireball, and no smaller fireballs. So yeah, that does leave little to the imagination. ;)

Just watched the "We are grounders part 2".
so both Bellamy and finn got fried. Though i do also wonder how many others were lost in that final battle.
Also loved the ending where we saw the survivors in the Mountain fort. Wonder what took them so long to intervene.

That last part gave me an "Oh no, not LOST please? :eek:"-feel, though I'm nevertheless curious about these mysterious mountain men. They obviously have put the fear of god into the clans, and no doubt the Reapers to. Perhaps getting caught by them actually means never to be seen again.

And I don't think Finn and Bellamy are as dead as they want us to believe.

One was injured (iirc Bellamy), and the other on his butt. They didn't have much time to get that far away to try and find somewhere to survive..
BUT its a Scifi show, so who knows.

The wideshot gave us a view of what the outburst of the rockets did to the surrounding area. I think if they made it outside, through that one tunnel Bellamy came through, they have gotten singed a little but perhaps they could have made it. I don't know... but I could be wrong and they did kill them both off. Too bad, cause I kinda liked Finn.

And the Arc-folk, now on the ground, so have no idea what they are in for.

Our warrior princess (so excited that is Dichen Lachman) seemed peeved she was being put aside by the overlords. :p She clearly isn't being held into hight esteem. Too bad, I had sincerely hoped women had gained some ground in that regard.

garhkal
June 22nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
And now she is captive of the mountain men just like the rest of the 100.

Falcon Horus
June 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
And now she is captive of the mountain men just like the rest of the 100.

One more thing to blame on the invaders... :p

garhkal
June 23rd, 2014, 09:58 PM
I'm just wondering what took them so long to come out of their camp?

Falcon Horus
June 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM
I'm just wondering what took them so long to come out of their camp?

Maybe they needed more intel first... see what they were dealing with.

garhkal
June 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Also, i wonder if during the entire time, whether their transmissions were getting intercepted.

Falcon Horus
June 24th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I think all those questions will be answered in season 2 -- at least, I hope they will be.

garhkal
June 25th, 2014, 02:42 PM
They better be.

Starfist
June 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Well I'll actually get to watch this series at long last.
It starts to air here in the UK on July 7th on E4.

Falcon Horus
June 30th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Enjoy!

I did... and I certainly was surprised at the end.

garhkal
June 30th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Agreed. A most enjoyable show so far.

VampyreWraith
July 4th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I found this show really enjoyable as well. The first 2 episodes were ok(I liked them well enough), but I think the show starts to get better after the third episode. Things get more interesting as the season goes on and most of the characters get developed nicely(IMO). Several of the characters that I loved by the end of the season were ones that I hated early on.

Linda06
July 5th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Yeah it starts here on Monday. But I'm gonna record the whole season before I watch it, and wait till season 3 is confirmed before I start watching season 1.

Falcon Horus
July 5th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Yeah it starts here on Monday. But I'm gonna record the whole season before I watch it, and wait till season 3 is confirmed before I start watching season 1.

Don't you mean season 2? Which is already confirmed.

Starfist
July 5th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Well judging from the trailers. It looks like a fun show.

Linda06
July 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Don't you mean season 2? Which is already confirmed.

No, I mean season 3 ;) There's every chance it won't get renewed after season 2 so I'm gonna wait and see what happens after season 2 finishes in the U.S. beofre I start watching it.

Falcon Horus
July 5th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Oh, right.

jelgate
July 5th, 2014, 02:33 PM
No left. You have the worst set of directions I have ever stand. I honestly don't get these people who get so worked up when shows get cancelled. Every May people are whining about it.

Linda06
July 6th, 2014, 05:51 AM
No left. You have the worst set of directions I have ever stand. I honestly don't get these people who get so worked up when shows get cancelled. Every May people are whining about it.

I wouldn't be bothered so much if they actually gave us a decent ending for a change. What's the point of watching a show when it ends on a cliffhanger. It's like reading a book that's incomplete and you never find out how it ends. It can be quite frustrating.

Starfist
July 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Well I'm all set for tomorrow.
The first episode airs here in the UK on E4 at 2100. My Sky+ box is set to record on series link. So hopefully I won't miss an episode.

jelgate
July 6th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't be bothered so much if they actually gave us a decent ending for a change. What's the point of watching a show when it ends on a cliffhanger. It's like reading a book that's incomplete and you never find out how it ends. It can be quite frustrating. that happens all the time in books.
T

garhkal
July 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't be bothered so much if they actually gave us a decent ending for a change. What's the point of watching a show when it ends on a cliffhanger. It's like reading a book that's incomplete and you never find out how it ends. It can be quite frustrating.

Or starting to read a book to find you are missing the last 2-3 chapters.

Linda06
July 7th, 2014, 10:42 AM
that happens all the time in books.
T

Well it's just as well I don't read books ;)

Or starting to read a book to find you are missing the last 2-3 chapters.

Yes, and then not knowing who the killer is if it's a murder mystery.

jelgate
July 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Yes, and then not knowing who the killer is if it's a murder mystery.
Sounds like LOST to me

Linda06
July 7th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Sounds like LOST to me

Didn't watch it after the first season.

knowles2
July 13th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Good news from the UK

E4’s latest US acquisition The 100 has become the digital channel’s biggest ever programme launch, beating the previous high set by Skins.

http://m.broadcastnow.co.uk/5073928.article

garhkal
July 13th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Good on them!

knowles2
July 19th, 2014, 03:12 AM
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/charts-100-scores-best-ever-e4-launch/5075338.article

more detailed article.

garhkal
July 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I wonder, if the CW exec's are going to take that into consideration if the US viewership drops some in whether they can it or not.

jelgate
July 19th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I wonder, if the CW exec's are going to take that into consideration if the US viewership drops some in whether they can it or not.
They will not. Foreign ratings don't impact the money they make

Falcon Horus
July 19th, 2014, 04:46 PM
They will not. Foreign ratings don't impact the money they make

What he said.

If ratings drop in the US, and they decide to cancel, then the rest of the world can blame the US-viewers (yet again).

jelgate
July 19th, 2014, 05:00 PM
What he said.

If ratings drop in the US, and they decide to cancel, then the rest of the world can blame the US-viewers (yet again).

That's a little harsh. Its the same way for foreign shows. Continuum's success, for example. is determined on how many Canadians watch

Falcon Horus
July 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM
That's a little harsh. Its the same way for foreign shows. Continuum's success, for example. is determined on how many Canadians watch

Hence why the 'yet again' is in between brackets. I know, it's the case for all shows from whatever country they originate.

knowles2
July 20th, 2014, 08:48 AM
The only show I know that was ever said have been influence by foreign tv numbers, was 24, where one of FOX executives or the producers said that the huge numbers it pull in for the BBC was one of the deciding factors in renewing it. They sold the rights to Sky for a lot of money later on.

But back to CW it was interesting that I read this interview on TV.com

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-100/community/post/tca-cw-mark-pedowitz-supernatural-spinoff-the-100-why-beauty-and-the-beast-was-renewed-140569917327/

On Beauty and the Beast's surprise renewal:
In a cruel twist of fate, the widely panned drama Beauty and the Beast was the subject of more questions than any other show, thanks to one reporter who brought it up so many times during the session that Pedowitz offered to send him the box set. As for the reason Cat and Vincent managed to escape death this season, it essentially came down to the fact that Beasties be crazy (and also money): [The show] has a very engaged fanbase," Pedowitz said. "It has a very big international following. We brought it back because... it's a very profitable show for everybody." As for what's to come in Season 3, "[Cat and Vincent are] out in public. They're a couple. They have to find a life together. [Executive producer Brad Kern] has a really good place to go in terms of their discovering cases, working together as they go forward. He is a medical doctor in the show. And you know what? He'll get his license back." So it seems that CW does international viewing figures into account for some of it shows, or perhaps he was just to frighten of beasties to cancel it.

Starfist
July 20th, 2014, 09:31 AM
I am enjoying this show. But I am detecting plots within plots. There is something we're not being told.

garhkal
July 20th, 2014, 01:54 PM
So it seems that CW does international viewing figures into account for some of it shows, or perhaps he was just to frighten of beasties to cancel it.

That gives me some hope then, that they look to the UK and other countries where the 100 is big.

I am enjoying this show. But I am detecting plots within plots. There is something we're not being told.

We are 10 eps in, barely half a proper season. So of course there are going to be things we have not figured out yet.

jelgate
July 20th, 2014, 04:33 PM
The only show I know that was ever said have been influence by foreign tv numbers, was 24, where one of FOX executives or the producers said that the huge numbers it pull in for the BBC was one of the deciding factors in renewing it. They sold the rights to Sky for a lot of money later on.

But back to CW it was interesting that I read this interview on TV.com

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-100/community/post/tca-cw-mark-pedowitz-supernatural-spinoff-the-100-why-beauty-and-the-beast-was-renewed-140569917327/

So it seems that CW does international viewing figures into account for some of it shows, or perhaps he was just to frighten of beasties to cancel it.
That's what we call spin

Starfist
July 20th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Here in the UK we're only about 3 episodes in to the series.

LtColCarter
October 2nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
I can't wait for the new season to come back! :-)

garhkal
October 2nd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Oct 22nd is when season 2 hits!

knowles2
October 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
hooray, looking for the return of this show.

rkgardner2003
October 25th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I can't remember why I didn't make it through the pilot episode, but it's on Netflix now, so I think I may give it another try.

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2014, 06:55 AM
I can't remember why I didn't make it through the pilot episode, but it's on Netflix now, so I think I may give it another try.

Just give it a few episodes... if you can.

garhkal
October 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Yea, around ep 4 it started getting good.

rkgardner2003
October 27th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Darn Netflix, now I can't stop.....onto ep 5.

garhkal
October 28th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Good. The show is running good imo, though i hate it that they only did a 13 ep season, much like with Falling skies.

rkgardner2003
October 28th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Good. The show is running good imo, though i hate it that they only did a 13 ep season, much like with Falling skies.

The short season works out good for me, I should get caught up before too many new ones air. I just started watching Arrow earlier this summer and it took me forever to get through those....

rkgardner2003
October 30th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Well, I'm all caught up and glad I gave it a second chance. I was hoping Kane had come around, but it seems he's gone all by the book again. I don't like the way he's treating the kids as if they are second class citizens again after all they accomplished. I'm assuming they are setting his character up to see how well the kids really did on their own, and that he just may need them.I so wanted to like him.

garhkal
October 30th, 2014, 01:05 PM
It does seem like Kane is going back to being a bad guy. BUT i can cut him some slack for now.

Falcon Horus
November 2nd, 2014, 07:20 AM
Kane just does what Kane does best, be a security guard. After all, there are more people to think about now than just the kids. The kids have looked for themselves for so long they expect a certain amount of freedom which Kane can't give them.

Linda06
November 13th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Decided to start watching the show. Absolutely loving it :D So when will it get cancelled?

jelgate
November 13th, 2014, 03:17 PM
End of S2

garhkal
November 14th, 2014, 11:45 PM
I hope to heck not..

Linda06
November 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM
End of S2

Yep sounds about right.

I hope to heck not..

It's a good show so it's inevitable it'll get cancelled.

jelgate
November 16th, 2014, 07:54 PM
And it will be Linda's fault

garhkal
November 16th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Y
It's a good show so it's inevitable it'll get cancelled.

Knowing the rest of the tripe on the CW (minus arrow and flash) i bet if it did, they would just put yet another vampire wanna be show on.

Linda06
November 17th, 2014, 03:03 PM
And it will be Linda's fault

*nods* :D

Knowing the rest of the tripe on the CW (minus arrow and flash) i bet if it did, they would just put yet another vampire wanna be show on.

Or we could end up with more ridiculous soaps and horrendous reality shows.

garhkal
November 19th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Which couldn't be worse than more soapy vampire shows!

futuristiclover
November 21st, 2014, 02:38 PM
Things are starting to look up for The 100. This week was a season high, and it doubled Reign's demo this week. So fingers crossed.

KyleOfTheSkyPeople
November 23rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
Anyone watching season 2 yet?

I'm really loving the mountain men so far, and Clarke is just getting more badass by the episode. Love seeing a bit of her rebel side come out.

LtColCarter
November 24th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Personally, I'm a bit underwhelmed by season 2.

garhkal
November 24th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I am loving the whole angle for season 2, in wanting to unite the grounders and the survivors against the mountain men, but really wish there was more to the mountain men than just 'lets bleed everyone dry to give our selves radiation resistance'..

VampyreWraith
December 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
I really enjoyed season 1, but I think this season is a lot better. I'm really loving it so far. The only thing that I liked more (and kind of miss) about season 1, was having the Ark up in space.

garhkal
December 3rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
I really wish they would let us know if any other parts survived.

LtColCarter
December 19th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Well, I must say that the second season has picked up some momentum. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

garhkal
December 21st, 2014, 01:03 PM
It has definitely hit its stride. Though i really wish they would spend an ep or two, focusing on the "other survivors'.. Maybe even see some other countries and whether they also have grounders.

Falcon Horus
December 21st, 2014, 02:49 PM
I'm finally caught up, and what a rollercoaster ride it has been.

My goddess!! I just want to pull Clarke through the screen and hug her. Even Murphy deserves a hug.

And Jasper I want to smack upside the head. Good thing he's come to his senses at last.

LtColCarter
December 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM

My goddess!! I just want to pull Clarke through the screen and hug her. Even Murphy deserves a hug.

And Jasper I want to smack upside the head. Good thing he's come to his senses at last.

I couldn't agree with you more

knowles2
December 22nd, 2014, 05:22 PM

Yeah he did eventually. I thought we would have to wait until Octavia slapped some sense into him. But he came to his sense by himself.

garhkal
December 23rd, 2014, 12:17 AM

I am just wondering whether its too late for him and the rest though.

Falcon Horus
December 23rd, 2014, 04:01 AM
I am just wondering whether its too late for him and the rest though.

The 47 are definitely in for a bumpy ride, but I don't think it's too late... at least, I'm hoping it's not too late, cause I really like the remaining ones to rejoin the other 100 (or what's left of them - since we've lost a few over the 1.5 seasons)

And oh my goddess, Finn... such a broken fella... that last scene gave me chills, it was that good.

LtColCarter
December 23rd, 2014, 09:36 AM
I just wonder what Finn's final fate will be?

jelgate
December 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM

Ummm death

Falcon Horus
December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM

Umm... what Jelgate said.

garhkal
December 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
I think he is meaning more what are the grounders goign to do to his dead body!

Falcon Horus
December 23rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
I think he is meaning more what are the grounders goign to do to his dead body!

Well, if the commander's reaction is anything to go by then I have a feeling they aren't going to do anything to his body. Lincoln stated they wanted him to suffer like the people he killed, but since Clarke saved him from the ritual "blood for blood" punishment by stabbing him to death (--> seriously chilling moment, that had me holding my breath when realization dawned on me what she was going to do).

The Commander states: "It's done!", so blood has been spilled even if it was Clarke who spilled it and not the Grounders.

shmglsky
December 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Ummm death

I would have to double check to be sure, but I didn't see any blood dripping from Finn's neck. The girl, forget her name, could be pulling a clever Odysseus by squeezing the knife into her hand and telling Finn to fake it.

Falcon Horus
December 24th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I would have to double check to be sure, but I didn't see any blood dripping from Finn's neck. The girl, forget her name, could be pulling a clever Odysseus by squeezing the knife into her hand and telling Finn to fake it.

Clarke stabbed him in his heart. When she pulls away, you can see the wound on his shirt. Quick, clean death.

garhkal
December 25th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Just watched the November man with Pierce Brosnan, and our girl Clarke was in it as a love interest for Brosnan's student!

Starfist
December 26th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Season 2 starts to air in the UK on 6th January on E4.

Falcon Horus
December 26th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Season 2 starts to air in the UK on 6th January on E4.

I have yet to see a single episode appear on local TV... :( ...man if I wouldn't be able to watch shows other ways I would not be watching this many. Possibly none at all.

Krisz
December 26th, 2014, 08:36 PM
I've been wondering whether to give this show a go, I was put off by the initial trailers which showed that it was a show about a load of teenagers being exiled from a space station to a ravaged Earth and trying to survive in a dark forest. Is it worth watching?

knowles2
December 27th, 2014, 03:55 AM
I've been wondering whether to give this show a go, I was put off by the initial trailers which showed that it was a show about a load of teenagers being exiled from a space station to a ravaged Earth and trying to survive in a dark forest. Is it worth watching?

yes

rkgardner2003
December 27th, 2014, 05:14 AM

Yes. Give it 2 or 3 episodes, it gets much better. I found the kids a bit annoying in the first episode, but I got hooked a couple episodes in.

Falcon Horus
December 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Definitely worth it.

I was wary at first myself, especially since it was a) The CW, and B) a bunch of horny teenagers on their own... But boy, am I glad I started watching and kep watching. It's rare these days that a show can give me what The 100 has given me - scenes that pull you in completely.

garhkal
December 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Especially with their pulling of the Tomorrow people, but keeping shows like vampire diaries and the like.

jelgate
December 28th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Like Grampy Jelgate use to say, "One man's treasure is another man's garbage." He also said to never trust a person who wore a glass eye. But that doesnt seem revelant.

Falcon Horus
December 29th, 2014, 06:01 AM
He also said to never trust a person who wore a glass eye. But that doesnt seem revelant.

My Dutch/German teacher in highschool wore a glass eye... it's very relevant. :p

garhkal
December 30th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Like Grampy Jelgate use to say, "One man's treasure is another man's garbage." He also said to never trust a person who wore a glass eye. But that doesnt seem revelant.

ANd unfortunately there are too many people it seems, who like those vampire based garbage shows.

jelgate
December 30th, 2014, 07:47 AM
ANd unfortunately there are too many people it seems, who like those vampire based garbage shows.You are missing the point. Granted we both don't like the vampire shows but its arrogant and wrong to think are personal tastes are more important

LtColCarter
December 30th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Umm... what Jelgate said.

Well that's not original.... LOL

Falcon Horus
December 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Well that's not original.... LOL

Of course not, Jelgate was the original. :p

Starfist
January 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM
My Sky+ box is set to record the season... :)

LtColCarter
January 8th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Of course not, Jelgate was the original. :p

I'm talking about him being dead not what was said Jel or Falcon

Falcon Horus
January 8th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I'm talking about him being dead not what was said Jel or Falcon

Doh! :mckayanime18:

Starfist
January 11th, 2015, 05:23 AM
I've got a bad feeling about the Mount Weather people.
They're hiding something...! Please note I've only seen the 1st episode of the new season.

Falcon Horus
January 11th, 2015, 08:35 AM
I've got a bad feeling about the Mount Weather people.
They're hiding something...! Please note I've only seen the 1st episode of the new season.

Oh, you have no idea. Be wary of them mountain folks!

jelgate
January 11th, 2015, 12:42 PM
The 100 renewed for S3
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/11/arrow-jane-the-virgin-reign-the-100-the-flash-the-originals-the-vampire-diaries-renewed-by-the-cw/349027/
I was so ready to blame Linda for cancellation:(:P

Falcon Horus
January 11th, 2015, 03:05 PM
YAY!!

And Arrow and The Flash as well... Sweet! :D

VampyreWraith
January 11th, 2015, 11:06 PM
I'm so glad that The 100 is getting another season (glad about Arrow, The Flash, and Supernatural as well, though I never really doubted that those would get renewed). :D

Falcon Horus
January 12th, 2015, 02:37 AM
I hear Arrow is doing rather poorly in ratings so I'm glad they were renewed anyways.

VampyreWraith
January 12th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Not for The CW, Arrow is their second highest rated show (in the 18-49 demo). The Flash is their highest rated, and Supernatural is their third, so far this season (I think).

Falcon Horus
January 12th, 2015, 08:18 AM
My source was clearly misinformed.

jelgate
January 12th, 2015, 10:35 AM
My source was clearly misinformed.

You probably were comparing demos. A problem many people make is comparing over different stations and not looking at just the one station. CW shows like terrible compared to the Big Four. Arrow and Flash were pretty much guaranteed. 100 was the only bubble

Falcon Horus
January 15th, 2015, 02:36 AM
The show's second part of season 2 will be back next week. About time. :)

Krisz
January 15th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the advice to give this show a go. The fact that it's ended up being renewed for a 3rd season is usually a good sign that it's worth watching I guess. The first season is on Netflix so I'll start on it at the weekend, see how it goes. :)

txlucky1
January 15th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice to give this show a go. The fact that it's ended up being renewed for a 3rd season is usually a good sign that it's worth watching I guess. The first season is on Netflix so I'll start on it at the weekend, see how it goes. :)

Just don't give up during the first few episodes. To some people, it started out with a little too much teen angst, but the episodes get better and better.

rkgardner2003
January 16th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Just don't give up during the first few episodes. To some people, it started out with a little too much teen angst, but the episodes get better and better.

Exactly! I gave up 1/2 way through the first episode. After reading this thread I started again and got hooked.

Annoyed
January 16th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Agree with you I do.
At the start, I was leery of this show.. too damned many children involved, but it turned out that they acted in a mostly reasonable fashion, and I enjoyed season 1.
However, this season is losing me.. just seems to be rather incoherent at times.

Falcon Horus
January 16th, 2015, 07:33 AM
However, this season is losing me.. just seems to be rather incoherent at times.

Season 2 not going the way you hoped it would go, or what sort of coherence are you missing?

Annoyed
January 16th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Season 2 not going the way you hoped it would go, or what sort of coherence are you missing?

It seems they are going in too many different directions, or too many different subplots, and it's coming off somewhat muddled.

garhkal
January 16th, 2015, 03:36 PM
How so? They have only 2 subplots.. the mountain men issue, and the grounders issue.

Falcon Horus
January 16th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Well, there's also Camp Jaha and the struggle with the adults trying to figure out where the remaining 100 fit in. The remaining 100 divided trying to find a way to reunite with the others in the mountain. The Grounders causing all sorts of mayhem. The Mountainmen up to no good (seriously they have that look).

Annoyed
January 24th, 2015, 11:32 AM
One other thing that bugs me about this show.
Just how realistic is it that Clarke is always going around showing a ton of cleavage in her circumstances?
I'm not against eye candy, and hers is pleasant to watch, but it's just not realistic.

garhkal
January 24th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Any idea when this weeks episode's thread will open up for comments?

VampyreWraith
January 24th, 2015, 04:53 PM
It's open right now, this past week's episode was "Remember Me" (ep 209). I'm just weird and hate being the first one to post in threads, so I usually don't lol. :P

Oh, and Clarke seems to dress pretty normally to me (her shirt doesn't seem super tight or super low cut). It's not like she's running through the woods in a corset with push-up bra. Maybe it's because I'm not a guy and not into girls, but I've honestly never even noticed Clarke's cleavage lol.

Starfist
January 24th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Clarke running around showing a lot of cleavage....?
I hadn't really noticed.... ;)

rkgardner2003
January 25th, 2015, 05:24 AM
One other thing that bugs me about this show.
Just how realistic is it that Clarke is always going around showing a ton of cleavage in her circumstances?
I'm not against eye candy, and hers is pleasant to watch, but it's just not realistic.

I have to say, I never noticed it either.....but I'm also not a dude. They all seem to dress the same to me, don't they have jackets on a lot of the time?

Annoyed
January 25th, 2015, 05:36 AM
Oh, and Clarke seems to dress pretty normally to me (her shirt doesn't seem super tight or super low cut). It's not like she's running through the woods in a corset with push-up bra. Maybe it's because I'm not a guy and not into girls, but I've honestly never even noticed Clarke's cleavage lol.
If that girl isn't wearing a push-up, then her boobs still think they're in a zero gravity environment. :D

Annoyed
January 25th, 2015, 05:44 AM
I have to say, I never noticed it either.....but I'm also not a dude. They all seem to dress the same to me, don't they have jackets on a lot of the time?
Most of the characters do wear jackets much of the time. But rarely do you see Clarke covering her chest up with anything. Which, is fine, if she's that type of girl. But she's not. She's smart, tough,well respected by her peers and easily able to stand toe to toe with just about anyone. She doesn't need to flash cleavage to get her way. It is so out of place with her character, which is why it stands out.

VampyreWraith
January 25th, 2015, 09:10 AM
If that girl isn't wearing a push-up, then her boobs still think they're in a zero gravity environment. :D

She's obviously wearing a bra, but it doesn't look like she's wearing a push-up bra, she's just well endowed in that area and since she's pretty young she wouldn't really be saggy lol.

This is what a woman showing too much cleavage to be practical looks like to me (she's wearing a push-up corset type thing):
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2403912448/tt2193021?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_21

This is Clarke:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1927661824/tt2661044?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_22
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2434386176/tt2661044?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_17
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm301857792/tt3970238?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_3
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1635974656/tt3970232?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_17

She doesn't look like the type of girl who's flashing her cleavage to get her way, she's dressed like a normal young woman to me, and her shirt doesn't seem to be any more low cut than the other women, she just has bigger breasts than most of the others so they're more noticeable to some (IMO).

Annoyed
January 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
She's obviously wearing a bra, but it doesn't look like she's wearing a push-up bra, she's just well endowed in that area and since she's pretty young she wouldn't really be saggy lol.

This is what a woman showing too much cleavage to be practical looks like to me (she's wearing a push-up corset type thing):
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2403912448/tt2193021?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_21

This is Clarke:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1927661824/tt2661044?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_22
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2434386176/tt2661044?ref_=ttmi_mi_nm_sf_17
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm301857792/tt3970238?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_3
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1635974656/tt3970232?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_17

She doesn't look like the type of girl who's flashing her cleavage to get her way, she's dressed like a normal young woman to me, and her shirt doesn't seem to be any more low cut than the other women, she just has bigger breasts than most of the others so they're more noticeable to some (IMO).

Yes, she more well endowed in this area than most. But there are many well endowed women who don't flash the amount of boobage Clarke Does. Lynda Carter, in the 70's "Wonder Woman" series is a good example. Lynda was far larger than Eliza ever thought of being. Aside from the Wonder Woman costume, when she was in ordinary clothes her breasts weren't even noticeable.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned to the extent that this is something I notice, but I just think in the circumstances the character lives in, more modesty would be appropriate. But I'm sure its great for drawing young male viewers the advertisers focus upon.

VampyreWraith
January 25th, 2015, 10:21 AM
They're all wearing the clothes they had while they were on the Ark. Even if she wanted to dress more conservatively, Clarke doesn't exactly have the opportunity to go to the mall and shop for appropriate business attire or more conservative clothing, just because she's been put in a leadership position right now. Maybe once they deal with Mt. Weather, Clarke can go rummage through their stuff and try to find something more conservative to wear (but I still don't think she's dressed immodestly right now).

Annoyed
February 4th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I'm starting to think that Clarke studied "kicking @$$ and not bothering with the names" under Sarah Connor.

garhkal
February 5th, 2015, 12:11 AM
She may well have!

Linda06
February 25th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Okay I have to ask because I'm somewhat baffled and getting downright annoyed at times. What is with all this Bellarke carry on? Almost every time The 100 facebook page posts something there's comments about Bellarke. Even when neither of them are in the photos that are posted. "Give us Bellarke" "If they don't give us Bellarke I'll stop watching" etc etc. I know the UK are a little behind, we've just had s2ep8. Did I miss an episode somewhere, or does something happen that explains this? Or is it some people wanting something that simply isn't there? It's starting to get annoying going into the comments and seeing all the we want Bellarke comments. and who thought up the name mash thing? It's becoming annoying these days.

I seem to get annoyed quite easily these days.

VampyreWraith
February 25th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Bellarke something that some people want, they're just good friends on the show so far. All the Bellarke talk (or really any kind of obsessive shipping of characters) is the main reason I avoid social media and articles related to this show (and other shows with extremely vocal shippers demanding that their pairing happen). I personally don't want to see Bellarke happen, but I wouldn't hate it or anything, if they got together towards the end of the series.

Linda06
February 25th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Bellarke something that some people want, they're just good friends on the show so far. All the Bellarke talk (or really any kind of obsessive shipping of characters) is the main reason I avoid social media and articles related to this show (and other shows with extremely vocal shippers demanding that their pairing happen). I personally don't want to see Bellarke happen, but I wouldn't hate it or anything, if they got together towards the end of the series.

Ah okay. I thought I missed something somewhere. I'm on the brink of unliking The 100 page. I'm tired of going into it and seeing every post with Bellarke Bellarke Bellarke all the bloody time. I like the show the way it is the now with all the action and very little romance so far. I hope they keep it that way. I mean they don't have to pair up their 2 main characters all the time. They can just be friends. It's quite tiresome. And let's face it, most writers suck at it anyways so they're better leaving well enough alone.

VampyreWraith
February 25th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Ah okay. I thought I missed something somewhere. I'm on the brink of unliking The 100 page. I'm tired of going into it and seeing every post with Bellarke Bellarke Bellarke all the bloody time. I like the show the way it is the now with all the action and very little romance so far. I hope they keep it that way. I mean they don't have to pair up their 2 main characters all the time. They can just be friends. It's quite tiresome. And let's face it, most writers suck at it anyways so they're better leaving well enough alone.

I completely agree. Clarke was involved in two love triangles last season (Wells/Clarke/Finn and Clarke/Finn/Raven). I really like that this season got rid of that. I really don't think that Clarke needs a new love interest right at the moment, and if she does get one, I hope that it's not Bellamy. I really wish they'd just leave them as friends. It's so rare for a show to have the good looking male and female main leads just remain really good friends, without trying to hook them up together at some point.

jelgate
February 25th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I have a rule. Shippers are nuts. Shippers see chemistry in the smallest thing. Some of them are way out that make no sense. I use to love W13. Their were people who shipped Claudia and Artie. That is sickening. The point is just because some crazy fans think something is there doesn't mean it will. Clarke does not seem Belamy like that and I don't she ever will. Look at how much they hated each other in the first half of S1. Mt. Weather has helped build a friendship but given what has happened to Finn, Clarke is too jaded at this point

VampyreWraith
February 25th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Reading through comments on social media and in articles/interviews made by really aggressive shippers insisting that Charlie and Monroe become a couple on Revolution last season, made me decide stay away from those sorts of things in the future, so that I could enjoy the shows I was watching (especially when at one point, the showrunner actually tried to tease that something would be happening between the two during an episode late in the season, nothing actually happened on the show though, and they actually made it even more disturbing for the two to be together lol).

garhkal
February 25th, 2015, 10:32 PM
I completely agree. Clarke was involved in two love triangles last season (Wells/Clarke/Finn and Clarke/Finn/Raven). I really like that this season got rid of that. I really don't think that Clarke needs a new love interest right at the moment, and if she does get one, I hope that it's not Bellamy. I really wish they'd just leave them as friends. It's so rare for a show to have the good looking male and female main leads just remain really good friends, without trying to hook them up together at some point.

With the Kiss she shared with Lexa, some of those Bellarks are going to be peeved!

Linda06
February 26th, 2015, 10:57 AM

I had to think who Wells was. I remember now.Agreed. I like things the way they are. Plus Clarke has bigger things to worry about. And like you said, if she does then I hope it's not a main character. They don't always have to hook up with male/female leads all the time. They can be just friends.

I have a rule. Shippers are nuts. Shippers see chemistry in the smallest thing. Some of them are way out that make no sense. I use to love W13. Their were people who shipped Claudia and Artie. That is sickening. The point is just because some crazy fans think something is there doesn't mean it will. Clarke does not seem Belamy like that and I don't she ever will. Look at how much they hated each other in the first half of S1. Mt. Weather has helped build a friendship but given what has happened to Finn, Clarke is too jaded at this point

Ya got that right Jel. I asked once where this was coming from and someone said "what? Didn't you see the hug?". I thought to myself, well yeah. It was a hug. You know, like I'm glad I didn't fry you to a crisp hug. Sheesh!!!

Wait! Claudia/Artie? Are you serious? That is disturbing. He was like a father to her. And there was the whole Myka/Pete thing they actually did do that came out of the blue which proves some writers completly suck at the whole romance angle.

Bellamy did betray them in the first season to save his own butt. I don't think she's quite forgotten that. I see them as reluctant friends which is turning into good friends after he helped her save the others. But nothing more. And I hope it stays that way.

Reading through comments on social media and in articles/interviews made by really aggressive shippers insisting that Charlie and Monroe become a couple on Revolution last season, made me decide stay away from those sorts of things in the future, so that I could enjoy the shows I was watching (especially when at one point, the showrunner actually tried to tease that something would be happening between the two during an episode late in the season, nothing actually happened on the show though, and they actually made it even more disturbing for the two to be together lol).

Charlie/Monroe. Really? After he got her Father and Brother killed, kidnapped her mother and tried to kill them? Are people insane?

With the Kiss she shared with Lexa, some of those Bellarks are going to be peeved!

I heard about that. We've not had that episode yet.

VampyreWraith
February 26th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Yeah, I'm sure didn't go over well with some of them.

I had to think who Wells was. I remember now.Agreed. I like things the way they are. Plus Clarke has bigger things to worry about. And like you said, if she does then I hope it's not a main character. They don't always have to hook up with male/female leads all the time. They can be just friends.

Agree :)

Charlie/Monroe. Really? After he got her Father and Brother killed, kidnapped her mother and tried to kill them? Are people insane?

Yeah, and it wasn't even a crack-ship or whatever, where people thought that putting them together in fan-fiction or something, would be funny for some reason. They apparently had amazing chemistry and their scenes in season 2 were really hot (even that one brief scene in season 1 where he threw her in a prison cell showed that they had chemistry). And apparently Monroe was just misunderstood and not really responsible for anything he did during the first season, because he never wanted anyone dead, even though he was trying to have them killed for an entire season. Some even said that since season 2 was a bit different than season 1, what happened in season 1 shouldn't be considered canon. Even if the characters had "chemistry" not all chemistry is automatically romantic or should lead to a romantic relationship in a show.

Annoyed
February 26th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I seem to get annoyed quite easily these days.
Huh? Nobody "gets" me. :p

Linda06
February 26th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm sure didn't go over well with some of them.

Agree :)

Yeah, and it wasn't even a crack-ship or whatever, where people thought that putting them together in fan-fiction or something, would be funny for some reason. They apparently had amazing chemistry and their scenes in season 2 were really hot (even that one brief scene in season 1 where he threw her in a prison cell showed that they had chemistry). And apparently Monroe was just misunderstood and not really responsible for anything he did during the first season, because he never wanted anyone dead, even though he was trying to have them killed for an entire season. Some even said that since season 2 was a bit different than season 1, what happened in season 1 shouldn't be considered canon. Even if the characters had "chemistry" not all chemistry is automatically romantic or should lead to a romantic relationship in a show.

Um okay, I'm slightly disturbed by that :S And how can you dismiss season 1 and make it non canon?

There are different types of chemistry between characters. It's not all romantic chemistry. Some people need to learn the difference. Anyways I've unliked The 100 page. With the UK being a few eps behind I was getting too much info on eps we haven't seen yet plus I'm getting tired of all the Bellarke, Clexa nonsense in almost evry post. Now some are mentioning Abby/Kane. I had to double check to make sure it was The 100 FB page or a dating page :S

Linda06
February 26th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Huh? Nobody "gets" me. :p

:lol: Funnily enough it happens once a month :danielanime08:

Annoyed
February 26th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I pretty much ignore any romantic liaisons between characters unless it is essential to the telling of the main story. If it gets to be too "in your face", I may stop watching a show altogether. I figure if it's not essential to the storyline, who gets together with whom is no more my business than who gets together with who at work, or any other setting.

Particularly with a show like this one, where half of the characters are basically raging balls of hormones on legs. Even this group, which on the whole, has acted surprisingly mature in their circumstances can't be immune from that stage of life.

VampyreWraith
February 27th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Um okay, I'm slightly disturbed by that :S And how can you dismiss season 1 and make it non canon?

Not sure lol, but a relationship between the two could have made more sense if all the killing and torture of friends and family members, along with the numerous counts of attempted murder, could just be wiped away.

There are different types of chemistry between characters. It's not all romantic chemistry. Some people need to learn the difference. Anyways I've unliked The 100 page. With the UK being a few eps behind I was getting too much info on eps we haven't seen yet plus I'm getting tired of all the Bellarke, Clexa nonsense in almost evry post. Now some are mentioning Abby/Kane. I had to double check to make sure it was The 100 FB page or a dating page :S

Yeah, there are different types of chemistry, and people (even attractive men and women) can love each other and just be friends, without wanting to be in a romantic or sexual relationship.

It's probably best to keep away from the Facebook page if you're behind and don't want to know almost everything that happens before you get a chance to watch.

garhkal
February 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Good thing then i DON'T facebook. No need for me to stay away!

VampyreWraith
February 27th, 2015, 03:17 PM
I don't use Facebook anymore either, and I don't know if it's changed since I last used it, but I don't think there's even the option to tag spoilers and everyone just comments freely on whatever they feel like.

Linda06
March 2nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
I pretty much ignore any romantic liaisons between characters unless it is essential to the telling of the main story. If it gets to be too "in your face", I may stop watching a show altogether. I figure if it's not essential to the storyline, who gets together with whom is no more my business than who gets together with who at work, or any other setting.

Particularly with a show like this one, where half of the characters are basically raging balls of hormones on legs. Even this group, which on the whole, has acted surprisingly mature in their circumstances can't be immune from that stage of life.

Well it's good that there's nothing between Clarke and Bellamy so I don't have to pretend or ignore anything :D

But yes they are quite mature. But I suppose they had to grow up with what they've been through.

Not sure lol, but a relationship between the two could have made more sense if all the killing and torture of friends and family members, along with the numerous counts of attempted murder, could just be wiped away.

Yep, but you can't ignore it just because you don't like it or want something else to fit better.

Yeah, there are different types of chemistry, and people (even attractive men and women) can love each other and just be friends, without wanting to be in a romantic or sexual relationship.

Contrary to popular belief men and women can be just friends without romance being involved. I wish more shows would do this instead of feeling pressured into geting the male/female main characters together. WH13 was good at it, till the screwed it all up in the last season.

It's probably best to keep away from the Facebook page if you're behind and don't want to know almost everything that happens before you get a chance to watch.

I've unliked the FB page. I feel better about it now. I can just enjoy the show now without reading all the nonsense.

mr_kennedy
March 4th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I can't believe Season 2 is almost over, its been a great season imo

Linda06
March 4th, 2015, 02:37 PM
We are a few episodes behind the U.S. But yes, season 2 has been great.