PDA

View Full Version : fringe is it worth watching ?

linux geek
March 25th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Hi folks

I've had all 5 seasons of Fringe on my DVR for sometime and never got round to watching until today
watched the first episode and found it watchable but did not set the world a light

wondered if these that have watched it thought it was worth staying with ?

thanks

geek

mr_kennedy
March 25th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Yes, it gets much better from the first episode

for Further Fringe related subjects/questions go here
http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/157-Fringe

Rosehawk
March 25th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I just finished a Fringe rewatch. I have to say I loved it even more this second time around.
Each episode does build on the storyline so watching it closer together versus spread out over 5 years helped me to get alot more about what the story was all about.

The show gets better as the seasons go on - at least imo it does.

I'd say go for it!

Wyrminarrd
March 26th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Great show, well worth watching.

pookey
March 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Continue watching it, it is cool

ajay
March 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Agree. I didn't think much of it at first, expecting it be another X-Files knock-off. But it got a LOT better. Way more science than XF.

KEK
March 27th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I still have the last season to watch. I remember it being pretty good at the time though. In terms of whether it's worth watching now, I'd say that depend on what else you have on your list.

the fifth man
March 29th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Fringe is definitely worth the time. One of the best shows of recent television IMO.

Wulfmann
April 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
It is a good show not great.

It is certainly worth watching and while it builds well it ends anticlimactically..

Of course that various with opinions as the show really splits itself into a different line in season 5 somewhat away from it's alternative universe theme.

I liked it but can't see me watching it twice. Once was good. Twice not so much IMO

Some shows I just can't wait to see again (BSG, Firefly, FarScape) others once is all I want (Fringe, Sanctuary, 4400)

Wulfmann