• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Not Easy Being Green (316)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE
    IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316
    Zelena challenges Regina to a fight to the death and shocks the Evil queen with the reveal of their familial connection. Meanwhile, back in the past in the land of Oz, a jealous Zelena asks the Wizard to send her to Fairy Tale Land after discovering that she has a sister, Regina, and that Rumplestiltskin is training her to become a powerful force to be reckoned with. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 April 2014, 10:22 PM.

Well, that was intense. I did not think all questions would be answered so fast. Only thing missing now is who Zelenas Daddy is. Could still be Rumple, after all she appears to be the most powerful of the Witches at least. I think though Emma could beat her if someone taught her white magic. Regina only showed her to use anger, but she is supposed to use love.

The Face-off was pretty nice, I really liked those 2 having at it, though the fight was pretty unbalanced. Regina was clever though, I would have loved her using that chance to rip out Zelenas heart, but at least she did not get what she wanted.

Maybe they try redoing a bit of the first Season finale, in the Sense of stopping Zelena but still not avoiding the next curse. They have been making us feel sorry for Regina enough to make her the reason for the next Season.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

one thing is for sure, Zelena is on a fast track to one hell of a karmic ass kickin.....

Still not convinced that Rumple is Zelena's daddy
      sigpic

Comment

So now we know where the green skin comes from ... "Green" with envy. And an interesting little twist on who the Wizard is/was, and who he became.

Some folks have suggested that King Leopold might be Zelena's father. However, that would mean she's just as "royal" as Regina, even though illegitimate. And I don't see how Cora could have hidden that from the other royals, since apparently she and Henry lived in the castle with everyone else.

And ... Regina gave her heart to Robin Hood! Literally!
        Last edited by hedwig; 06 April 2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Well, that was intense. I did not think all questions would be answered so fast. Only thing missing now is who Zelenas Daddy is. Could still be Rumple, after all she appears to be the most powerful of the Witches at least. I think though Emma could beat her if someone taught her white magic. Regina only showed her to use anger, but she is supposed to use love.
          Unless he had time travel powers i doubt it.. Though i will admit that would make the family tree even MORE convoluted.

The Face-off was pretty nice, I really liked those 2 having at it, though the fight was pretty unbalanced. Regina was clever though, I would have loved her using that chance to rip out Zelenas heart, but at least she did not get what she wanted.
          Wasn't really much of a fight. Just Regina getting her a** handed to her. Though i wonder.. Would a gun kill her, if someone shot her?

So maybe she is warming to him afterall.

For me, i liked the side bit with hook and Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Unless he had time travel powers i doubt it.. Though i will admit that would make the family tree even MORE convoluted.
            Why? Cora could have had her right after she broke up with Rumple and hid her heart. Before Rumple she did not even know she had Magic abilities.

Wasn't really much of a fight. Just Regina getting her a** handed to her. Though i wonder.. Would a gun kill her, if someone shot her?
            Depends if you surprise her. If she is ready for it I bet she would be able to make it dissappear or maybe herself.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              So now we know where the green skin comes from ... "Green" with envy. And an interesting little twist on who the Wizard is/was, and who he became.

Some folks have suggested that King Leopold might be Zelena's father. However, that would mean she's just as "royal" as Regina, even though illegitimate. And I don't see how Cora could have hidden that from the other royals, since apparently she and Henry lived in the castle with everyone else.

could rumple still be zelena's dad? when rumple mixed zelena's hair in the tube and saw it turn green, he didn't come out and say she was regina's sister... i wonder if he saw that she 'was' related to cora, but also him!?

good and fun ep.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                could rumple still be zelena's dad? when rumple mixed zelena's hair in the tube and saw it turn green, he didn't come out and say she was regina's sister... i wonder if he saw that she 'was' related to cora, but also him!?

good and fun ep.
                If Rumple is her father, that would make that moment when Zelena seemed about to kiss him an ewwwww moment.

Although for Zelena to be so powerful, it does seem as though both her parents would have had magical powers, even though Cora didn't have them when she met Rumple.

Comment

well....could be Vader, he likes being peoples father
                  bout the only other franchise they haven't co-opted into
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    well....could be Vader, he likes being peoples father
                    bout the only other franchise they haven't co-opted into
                    wonder what would happen if the evil queen and the wicked witch were goaulded?....
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I really liked the episode, but Green with Envy? Really? That's cheesy and I would assume means other FTL characters would change color as well. So that seems to be breaking some implicit rules.

I wouldn't put much effort into the vial turning green when Rumple looked at it. Everything related to Zelena is green, so I think that taking anything from the color is impossible.

But seriously, folks! Zelena wants to time travel!

So let's talk about that (though I loved Regina giving Robin her heart).

I see Zelena's time travel plan as a means for the writers to reshape the show as a whole. I see it three ways:

1) They do a one off episode where Zelena meddled with the past. It could be a cool "It's a Wonderful Life" with Regina being the one missing. Though, I would choose someone that has always been against Regina, see Grumpy, being the one to realize..."hey she's needed". Only because Emma and Regina have basically come to terms. Especially Regina and Snow.

2) They change the whole series on the premise of one or more characters being gone or changed due to Zelena's interference. With us not seeing the full impact until next season.

3) They have one episode showing how Zelena's impact affected the present timeline (A changed to B). Then the heroes try to fix it and instead of the original timeline we get a new timeline (C).

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        I really liked the episode, but Green with Envy? Really? That's cheesy and I would assume means other FTL characters would change color as well. So that seems to be breaking some implicit rules.

I wouldn't put much effort into the vial turning green when Rumple looked at it. Everything related to Zelena is green, so I think that taking anything from the color is impossible.

But seriously, folks! Zelena wants to time travel!

So let's talk about that (though I loved Regina giving Robin her heart).

I see Zelena's time travel plan as a means for the writers to reshape the show as a whole. I see it three ways:

1) They do a one off episode where Zelena meddled with the past. It could be a cool "It's a Wonderful Life" with Regina being the one missing. Though, I would choose someone that has always been against Regina, see Grumpy, being the one to realize..."hey she's needed". Only because Emma and Regina have basically come to terms. Especially Regina and Snow.

2) They change the whole series on the premise of one or more characters being gone or changed due to Zelena's interference. With us not seeing the full impact until next season.

3) They have one episode showing how Zelena's impact affected the present timeline (A changed to B). Then the heroes try to fix it and instead of the original timeline we get a new timeline (C).
                        I would say it is 2 or 3, though number 3 seems more probable. Messing with time is not a good idea, but we will see if she manages to cast her second chance.

I hope we will see someone soon trying out the Water trick on her. I know it might not work since that makes it to easy, but it would still make a funny scene.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I hope we will see someone soon trying out the Water trick on her. I know it might not work since that makes it to easy, but it would still make a funny scene.
                          Agreed. I was actually hoping to see Regina try it during the fight. Maybe by just splashing water in her face.

I really hope the series doesn't pull an Eureka and
                          Spoiler:

have us following characters that are not the original characters we met.

Please let us either stay in our own timeline or have the clear goal of returning to it.

Comment

I would rather she NOT mess with the timeline thanks.

Comment

I would rather she NOT mess with the timeline thanks.
                              Agreed, but they are gearing her up as someone that is formidable and she has two of the three ingredients we know she wants. Courage (From Charming), Brain (from Rumple, by controlling him), and Heart (from Regina, but still out of reach).

Aside from Dorthy's request to go home, which seems to have been used in Zelena's backstory to meet her real family. I can't think of anything else from The Wizard of Oz that could be used.

I do wonder when, if ever, Zelena's shoes will become ruby red.

Comment

Working...
                              X