This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Files comparison

My brother noticed recently that X-Files started to die when it got big names on its cast. Now have you noticed that SG-1 Season 9 has big names. Its a bit too similar to ignore.

Originally posted by cubby14
    My brother noticed recently that X-Files started to die when it got big names on its cast. Now have you noticed that SG-1 Season 9 has big names. Its a bit too similar to ignore.
    As long as RDA is still around, SG-1 will live on. The problem with X-Files was that they took away Mulder... OK, it was salary issues, but a chance they took.

Comment

Oh f**k
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by cubby14
        X-Files didn't die only because of the cast, but because the show was repetive, boring and ridicilous. It lost it's "shine" long before it's death.

I don't say that I wouldn't be worried about Mr. Farscape's coming, and reduced screentime of RDA and AT, but I think that you are "little bit" hasty with your conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          Oh f**k
          whats so important?

well, another similarity is that there's a hint of love between two of the main characters, yet neither is willing to admit it, and love between them also isnt allowed.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Damsel
            X-Files didn't die only because of the cast, but because the show was repetive, boring and ridicilous. It lost it's "shine" long before it's death.
            X-Files started to decline when Mulder found her sister (who ascended or something like that) about a season and a half before Duchovney leaves the show and that took away what prompted him to investigate the x-files. The frequencies of good episodes of the show then declined after that.

SG-1 will see plenty of big changes in season 9 as in new bad guys, new main characters, etc. However, I do think the stargate universe is much broader than the x-files universe. While X-Files revolve mostly around two characters. SG-1 revolve around the SGC.

I am optimistic that the show will still be good in season 9 although I know some of the fans would probably be disappointed with the new direction of the show whatever that may be.
            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Plus the X-Files had that whole "New Mythology" thing, the point where the writers went "Oh crap... we've finished the story... umm... uhh... I know! Super-Soldiers!"

'Course... we're kinda at that stage with Stargate.
              Spoiler:
              No Legobugs, no Anubis, virtually no Goa'uld left... uhh... time for Super-Soldiers... no wait... they did that.

BYE
              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Well, the writing was also hurting, and no one was really putting 100% in the show anymore. They also had a very limited number of stories. The writing in SG-1 has started to decline and you can definitely tell that RDA doesn't really want to do it anymore. But with the new cast and new storylines and such, the show could go either way.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I have got to admit, I was a little hasty and with last nights Moebius Pt 1 having a good plot line I have got to say that SG-1 won't die the same way X-files did especially reading all that.

Comment

I watched "X-Files" to the bitter end and the problem I had with it was there was no resolution to anything. The main story arc kept spiraling out of control on assorted tangents - like an octopus growing appendages. Nothing ever ended, it just kept expanding and it became increasingly frustrating. The change of actors never bothered me - I actually liked the new characters.

The "final" episode was 2 hours and solved NOTHING - it was just a clip show! I enjoyed a lot of the X-Files, but I wish TPTB could have given fans just a wee bit of closure.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      I watched "X-Files" to the bitter end and the problem I had with it was there was no resolution to anything. The main story arc kept spiraling out of control on assorted tangents - like an octopus growing appendages. Nothing ever ended, it just kept expanding and it became increasingly frustrating. The change of actors never bothered me - I actually liked the new characters.

The "final" episode was 2 hours and solved NOTHING - it was just a clip show! I enjoyed a lot of the X-Files, but I wish TPTB could have given fans just a wee bit of closure.
                      I agree, the way XF ended was very dissapointing. I think it's hard to compare the 2 really tho I feel that what is happening on each is kind of similar, meaning a major character is leaving. However, with X Files, Mulder was the show in that the basis of it was his quest to discover *the truth that was out there*. Stargate is more of an ensemble and a character leaving isn't quite the same.

Having said that, I really wish it had ended this season. To me it will not be the same show. We grew to love this show with the dynamic of the original cast and their adventures through the gate. To be honest it could have ended for me last year when Jack stopped going through the gate on missions. Even then it stopped being the same show. I had hoped they would do feature films a la Star Trek but I fear that will not happen now.

Guess we will see what happens and being fairly spoiler free I hope they end this season on a good note.

Shelly
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X