This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobius spoilers- Alternative timeline stuff

Heres one more thought on Mobius from me. What would the alternate time line SG1 have to gain by fixing what our Sg1 stuffed? How would you feel if you got a videotape from someone claiming to be you, telling you that you have to find a timemachine to fix up something that will end up changing your life as you know it? Would you do it? I don't think so!

Well...If the video showed me that I would be doing amazing things if the past was different and all i needed to do was uncover a stargate and find a timeship then id be persuaded to have a go
    And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Let's pick up a couple of points there:

Uncover a Stargate.

Find a timeship.

What? Are you going to say no? Come on, it's just too cool.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Damn Right!
        And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

The alternate timeline would have to promise multiple wives, loads of riches, and chocolate rivers.

Comment

My point with this was that why would you change 6 billion peoples lives? I mean all they would really have to leave on the video was information on the ancient outpost, and not even have to worry about the "Pandoras box" that is the stargate. Think of it this way, our lives that we are living now ma be the result of time travels and we would be the alternate universe! Why would we change?!

Comment

With the SGC out of the picture, the Avenger virus was never created. Ba'al never responded to this by creating the modifications to connect all of the Stargates in the network. Earth also never found its way to the top of Anubis' hit list.

Consequently, Anubis can probably be assumed to still be engaging in his crusade to wipe out all life in the galaxy, just doing it one planet at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                With the SGC out of the picture, the Avenger virus was never created. Ba'al never responded to this by creating the modifications to connect all of the Stargates in the network. Earth also never found its way to the top of Anubis' hit list.

Consequently, Anubis can probably be assumed to still be engaging in his crusade to wipe out all life in the galaxy, just doing it one planet at a time.
                And then he'd get his hands on the
                Spoiler:
                device that can destroy all life in the galaxy.

Then we'd have no way of stopping him, and we probably wouldn't even know what was happening; we'd all just drop dead.
                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                  And then he'd get his hands on the
                  Spoiler:
                  device that can destroy all life in the galaxy.

Then we'd have no way of stopping him, and we probably wouldn't even know what was happening; we'd all just drop dead.
                  Except that Anubis wouldnt even be in the picture. Anubis came back because of the void left by Apophis' and Cronus' deaths. If theyre still alive, Anubis would have hidden out in the boonies indefinately. It was because of SG1's victory over powerful system lords that Anubis became a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
                    Except that Anubis wouldnt even be in the picture. Anubis came back because of the void left by Apophis' and Cronus' deaths. If theyre still alive, Anubis would have hidden out in the boonies indefinately. It was because of SG1's victory over powerful system lords that Anubis became a threat.
                    Anubis took advantage of that gap, sure, but he doesn't seem the type to mooch out in the sticks. He came back with the technology to take on the Asgard; you don't need much of a start with that kind of edge.

Comment

replicators would have taken over the universe eventually even without sg1's interference.
                      Eventually they would have destroyed asguard and then they would have moved in on the surviving goauld.
                      jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Originally posted by Kagutsuchi Ryoma
                        The alternate timeline would have to promise multiple wives, loads of riches, and chocolate rivers.
                        ROFL! Mmmmmm Chocolate Rivers...

Comment

Well, in just over four hours, half the stuff will be revealed....

...for some of us at least. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
                          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

4 hours almost exactly. I can't wait.

Sorry to all those who aren't going to get it then.
                            The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                            The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                            Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                            Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                            Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by The Boz
                              Heres one more thought on Mobius from me. What would the alternate time line SG1 have to gain by fixing what our Sg1 stuffed? How would you feel if you got a videotape from someone claiming to be you, telling you that you have to find a timemachine to fix up something that will end up changing your life as you know it? Would you do it? I don't think so!
                              If someone told you they have device that will allow you to travel to another planet but it’s bit risky would you turn it down I wouldn’t I guess it depends on individual view on the subject.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X