The Strain on FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Strain on FX

I had no idea they were turning these books into a show! I should of guessed at some point with del Toro as a co-writer that something would be made eventually. I was just browsing the cast list and saw, Sean Astin, John Hurt and Kevin Durand. Should be interesting, the books were great and disturbing!

haven't read the books. But pandemics and fighting viruses seem all the range this year, with Syfy Helix , TNT The last Ship, and possible a similar storyline in Extant.

Comment

Oh boy, the trailers look pretty good. Even though I read the books, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through this, but I'm gonna try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiN8Edb4X2w

Comment

I read the first book, and am working my way through the graphic novels now. You're right in that the visual medium makes it more unsettling. The book didn't bother me at all but the creatures in the graphic novels are pretty scary.
        Will del Toro be directing any of the episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
          I read the first book, and am working my way through the graphic novels now. You're right in that the visual medium makes it more unsettling. The book didn't bother me at all but the creatures in the graphic novels are pretty scary.
          Will del Toro be directing any of the episodes?
          I believe so.

Comment

I watched the Pilot and really liked it so far, seems like they're hitting this story from a lot of interesting angles.
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely the most interesting new show this summer, the pilot was really good and managed to hook me. My only complaint was that they telegraphed a few things a bit to much, but considering that they were all horror movie clichés I guess that was inevitable.

Comment

I really enjoyed the fist episode a lot. I thought it was kind of creepy and fun and I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
                sigpic

Comment

Thought it was interesting and will keep watching.

I don't understand why lead CDC guy didn't further question van Helsing guy when he obviously has knowledge that CDC guy doesn't have. He's not being a very thorough CDC investigator. But guess he has to be initially brash cause of cliches and plot points. I really hope they drop the family drama crap (oh your job is more important than me even though it really is, *angry expletives*); it's such a nauseating cliche to watch.

Comment

I don't remember the family drama stuff playing a big part in the book. I wish they'd get rid of it too.

Best part:
                    Spoiler:
                    crushing that guys head. That was NOT in the book or the comic.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                      I don't remember the family drama stuff playing a big part in the book. I wish they'd get rid of it too.

Best part:
                      Spoiler:
                      crushing that guys head. That was NOT in the book or the comic.
                      I thought that was the best part too lol. I found it kind of funny for some reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the pilot episode. Looking forward to the next one. Hoping for a few more frights.

About time we have some proper vamps on the air, instead of the love up vamps of Tru blood and Vampire diaries.

Comment

Another very good episode. I´m really looking forward to when the sh!t starts hitting the fan

Comment

I'm looking forward to that too lol. I enjoyed the second episode even more than the first. I kind of love this show, it's fun(IMO).
                            sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode but dragged during the family and AA bits. The incompetency/neglectful bureaucracy of various agencies is starting to grate on me a little though.

Is there a difference between the 4 who 'survived' and the rest of the passengers who were declared dead? They both seem to be manifesting the same 'vampirism' so to speak. Any reason why they were different? How come CDC guy didn't show everyone the freaking worm thing?! Such a lame oversight and would've kept those morons in quarantine longer if he just shared that. I'd go so far as to call it a convoluted plot hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X