• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Golem (110)

Visit the Episode GuideSLEEPY HOLLOW - SEASON ONE
    THE GOLEM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110
    Ichabod enlists the help of Henry Parrish to communicate with Katrina and learn more about his family, but his search for the truth unwittingly releases a new danger in Sleepy Hollow.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 December 2014, 10:02 PM.

This was a pretty sad episode for me. To see Ichabod's child have his parents taken away only to be raised in an abusive kids home and eventually be consumed by his own rage. I hope that is the end of his story and he is considered to be resting in piece. I'd hate to have him still be alive yet evil.

On the bright side, it looks like our favorite sin eater Henry will be part of the regular team. I like his character.
    sigpic

Comment

Did Ichabod's grand-kids have powers too? His poor sun had nobody to help him control/ understand his powers. Since I learned Ichabod had descendants, I kinda wondered if the Henry was one of them. Because that would just be so 'destined'.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Did Ichabod's grand-kids have powers too? His poor sun had nobody to help him control/ understand his powers. Since I learned Ichabod had descendants, I kinda wondered if the Henry was one of them. Because that would just be so 'destined'.
        Ichabod only had one son, who was killed by the coven, and who apparently never had any children. It's doubtful the coven would have allowed him to have children. So there would be no further descendants. Unless Ichabod had brothers or sisters, in which case, they wouldn't have any powers, since those came from katrina.

Comment

I thought they said his son got married and had a kid.
          sigpic

Comment

Not that I remember. They showed Jeremy when he was a teen, possibly pre-teen, being buried in a grave in the woods. I doubt that he had any children given how he grew up.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

And now for my two cents -

Spoiler:
              Despite how horribly sad the episode was, I really liked it. It was great to have them delving into Ichabod's emotions more. And Katrina's as well, really. I felt so bad for her when she gave Jeremy up and walked away; I dang near cried along with her when she'd left..but that's probably just because I'm a mother and couldn't imagine having to do that.

Can I just say how incredibly creepy that doll was?? I mean, seriously, couldn't Katrina have made it look less like a tree-monster-guy and more like an actual person?

And while I like Parish, I hope they don't bring him back too much. There's something about his character that kind of bugs me and I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't help that every time I see him I think Lord Denethor, lol.

YAY FOR ICHABOD WHUMP!! I don't care if it's slight (the physical at least), I'm excited to have it in there for longer than four seconds. I'm actually thinking of embellishing it a bit and adding more to the end of the episode via fanfic but we'll see about that. And though I'm not usually one for emotional whump, I was glad to see it as well. My heart ached for Ichabod and how he must have felt, learning how his child grew up - alone, without someone to love him, etc - and my mother's heart ached for the child as well, the poor boy.

I'm not sure how I felt about the Orlando/Captain scenes in this episode. I mean, they kind of have me curious about what the demons are planning but at the same time, the entire scene got dwarfed by Ichabod's story line a bit as well so I've mostly forgotten about it. Although, I will say that Orlando looked pretty dang good in the scenes he was in - I think it was the clothes; they reminded me of something my husband would wear and I have a thing for black guys

I will say that at first I was worried that they were going to somehow string the whole Abbie's-ancestors-taking-Crane's-child-thing into Abbie being descended from Crane but I am SO GLAD that I was wrong. That would have been a wee bit creepy to say the least.

I'm not sure how I feel about them possibly bringing Jeremy into the picture.. I mean, a part of me thinks that if his heart was stopped magically then it can be restarted magically and if Jeremy had that much power, I'm wondering if the things of the earth left his body alone and that it is possibly - magically - preserved. I think I like the idea of bringing him back to see him get some happiness via finding a father, but I'm not sure how that would work out for he story line as a whole, either.

I think that's about it

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

That would have been an interesting marriage. A man with all those magical powers (fueled by rage), and a gollum hanging around to protect him.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  That would have been an interesting marriage. A man with all those magical powers (fueled by rage), and a gollum hanging around to protect him.
                  He could have found somebody who was related to a witch.
                  sigpic

Comment

A really interesting episode, especially if you're into emotional whumping of Crane. It really sucked about what happened to Crane's son.

On the upside we now know who stuck Katrina where she is. They just have to find some one else in the coven and convince them to release her.

I'm really interested in seeing what becomes of the captain. It seems the demons now know his weak point.

The sin eater interests me. Hopefully they don't overuse him.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Do we have to spoiler tag things if this topic is for the episode? I would think people will only come here if they have watched it. I hope.....either way I'm not spoilering this.

I like the show. I love the relationship between Crane and the Lt. and think it's interesting. I thought this ep was good however it just seem a tad over the top that they can get so much done in one episode. I'd like to have a longer story arc just to make it a bit more believable. I mean to track down do much information and just waltz into the carnival to talk to the dark sisters was a tad unbelievable..he didn't even have to pay admission? no on a serious note.. I think it's not the last we've heard of his son....I think Crane will have to put him down and what a horrible thing to have to do But that is only my speculation.
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Did I imagine the part were they said Crane junior married and had a kid?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                          Do we have to spoiler tag things if this topic is for the episode? I would think people will only come here if they have watched it. I hope.....either way I'm not spoilering this.

I like the show. I love the relationship between Crane and the Lt. and think it's interesting. I thought this ep was good however it just seem a tad over the top that they can get so much done in one episode. I'd like to have a longer story arc just to make it a bit more believable. I mean to track down do much information and just waltz into the carnival to talk to the dark sisters was a tad unbelievable..he didn't even have to pay admission? no on a serious note.. I think it's not the last we've heard of his son....I think Crane will have to put him down and what a horrible thing to have to do But that is only my speculation.
                          I spoilered it because it was long, not because of the topic.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Did I imagine the part were they said Crane junior married and had a kid?
                            If not, I missed it. He seemed about 15 to m when he was killed/frozen.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't help but wonder if he is still alive. Otherwise, why would the Golem come out?
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                              X