Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come they always dial the right gate on the Earth???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coordinates are obviously same, so how come they dial the right one.
    I mean the US and Russian one. ??
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Originally posted by veneticuss
    The coordinates are obviously same, so how come they dial the right one.
    I mean the US and Russian one. ??
    because the russians had the dhd their gate became the dominant one one earth so all they needed to do was gate in and out just before or after the sgc did for full detailsw on this watch watergate and 48 hours also touchstone touches on this subject.

Comment

If the Russian one were to be connected to the DHD then it would become the dominant gate on Earth and all arrivals would go through there. I think the SGC's dialling computer acts a DHD until a proper one is connected.....then it's negated.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
        because the russians had the dhd their gate became the dominant one one earth so all they needed to do was gate in and out just before or after the sgc did for full detailsw on this watch watergate and 48 hours also touchstone touches on this subject.
        And what about before the second gate was found in antarctica?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Simple. The second gate didn't exist until it was found.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

And what about before the second gate was found in antarctica?
            Because the DHD in Antartica was out of power/malfunctioning(i don't remember exactly) and the wormhole was only diverted there due to a problem with the Chyenne Mt gate. I believe anyway....

Comment

The Russian's have the Giza DHD, so the Giza Gate + Dialing Computer make it dominant, until the Antarctic gate was linked to the DHD and then that became the dominant one.

Why didn't all wormholes pass through the Antarctic gate initially? The only thing I can think of is that the Giza gate was the primary gate and automatically over-ruled the wormhole's direction to target it instead, until that was the gate was struck by a power surge and they ended up in Antarctica

Comment

Still it doesnt make sense to me

Comment

Still it doesnt make sense to me
                  Well, it's been explained, I don't see why not

The wormhole connects to the Gate is the SGC because when Russia had the gate they kept the DHD disconnected. The wormholes went to the Gate in the SGC because it was domenant without a DHD.... (being the original gate on Earth)

Comment

So the dominance plays a big role?

Comment

Yes, whichever is the most dominant gate will get the wormhole.

Comment

I see

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                          The Russian's have the Giza DHD, so the Giza Gate + Dialing Computer make it dominant, until the Antarctic gate was linked to the DHD and then that became the dominant one.

Why didn't all wormholes pass through the Antarctic gate initially? The only thing I can think of is that the Giza gate was the primary gate and automatically over-ruled the wormhole's direction to target it instead, until that was the gate was struck by a power surge and they ended up in Antarctica
                          It's not that the Giza gate automatically overwrites the Antarctic gate before Solitudes. The Antartic DHD was inoperable and Sam fixed in Solitudes, so it never received the wormhole. However, when a power surge hit our gate, it was automaticallly redirected to the Antarctic gate.

So, when the Giza gate was buried to keep the goa'uld out, it is possible that if the goa'uld dialed Earth they would have come through in Antarctic and unless they brought a goa'uld engineeer to fix the DHD they couln't have got back. Mmmm. Maybe all those people who died while exploring weren't killed by starvation/cold, they were killed by the constant flow of Jaffa trying to find warmth.
                          Godspeed, Don.

Comment

That was what I was getting at, when I said "The Antarctic gate was linked to the DHD", I should've said "a working DHD". Sorry.

Comment

Just posted, realised something, don't like editing...so here's another post.

Doesn't that mean that they have another DHD. They have the Russian one which was destroyed. But it was only destroyed because the control crystal was destroyed...was it. So why not just take the master crystal from the Antarctic DHD and put it in the Giza DHD and keep it for themselves.

And even if the Russian DHD isn't salvagable, you could just take the Antarctic DHD and put it in place of the dialling computer saving a third of the energy or whatever Sam said in Heroes.
                              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Working...
                              X